FitzDarcy Tre46on
11/09/19 5:39 am

You could give me a brand new electric car for free and I wouldn't use it.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/08/19 10:57 pm

Either electric or gas. The first 60 miles are electric, then it switches to gas. I hardly ever drive 60 miles in a day, so I’m usually on electric. It’s quiet, zippy, and I don’t miss stinky gas stations.

SoCalGal
11/08/19 2:52 pm

I wouldn’t own an electric vehicle since I can’t go too far out of town with it.

Malekithe Hades
11/08/19 1:54 pm

Flux capacitor

BadSeed Oregon
11/08/19 1:18 pm

I don't have any place to hook up an electric car.

rons WOKE is sick
11/08/19 2:48 pm

That is an issue for millions of people.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/08/19 10:28 am

Right now...all gas. I have a deposit on the forthcoming Tesla Model Y & the Volvo XC40 recharge. Both vehicles are about a year away. No matter what....our next car is 100% electric.

rons WOKE is sick
11/08/19 2:54 pm

Cool. You are lucky you can charge it. Good thing you don’t live in a high rise apartment with on street parking.
Tesla Y? XC40? My next might be a hybrid. Extension cords suck.
Hey! Inspend 9 grand switch from oil heat H/w to a 95% efficient tankless gas system.
I have a window A/c that occasionally gets used. C

Zingerz Wisconsin
11/08/19 7:59 am

Directly, electric as it's a Chevy Volt. But "source" is hard to know. I would guess coal since that's where most of the upper Midwest's energy comes from. Often times it's petrol as this electric car has a gas generator and 10 gallon fuel tank on board. Hoping GM uses the same tech in a bigger vehicle soon.

rons WOKE is sick
11/08/19 8:35 am

So it can be recharged with an outlet and as needed a generator maybe kick it for charging. I thought Chevy was discontinuing the Volt.

Zingerz Wisconsin
11/08/19 8:40 am

Yes, and that's what makes it awesome, electric for typical days but with the on board it has a 350-400 mile range. And of course can just fill up the petrol and keep going.

Zingerz Wisconsin
11/08/19 8:41 am

Chevy did is continue it, along with all other sedans.

Zingerz Wisconsin
11/08/19 8:42 am

They're a good car to get used though as the price is better and by records the batteries last much longer than expected.

Zingerz Wisconsin
11/08/19 8:43 am

The Volt advocates are lobbying GM to use the same tech in a SUV format.

Zingerz Wisconsin
11/08/19 8:44 am

My friend who is GM salesman told me the Volt was Chevys no. 1 repurchase vehicle. Yet they canned it <shaking head>.

rons WOKE is sick
11/08/19 8:56 am

Do the batteries ever need replacement?

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/08/19 11:04 pm

I have a 2017 Volt and love it! I would happily have purchased more in the future. Very sad to see them discontinued. The advantage of being able to switch to gas to take long trips so I’m never stuck charging the car is comforting, but I usually am all electric.

Zingerz Wisconsin
11/09/19 12:51 am

When we bought we figured on replacing them in 10 years. But we've since learned that they last longer and that there are ways to replace certain cells rather than th whole shabang.