alkafelts Texas
11/08/19 1:13 pm

I’m a fan of it for the calls that are necessary. There’s way too many missed calls, that can effect the outcome of the game but I wouldn’t want every single possibly questionable call to be reviewed because it takes a long time to do it, and football among other sports is already too long.

gonzoboy Arizona
11/08/19 6:08 am

Since I 'lean' this way, I’ma go with "Fan". I just want the call to be correct, or corrected. I don’t care about preserving the 'spirit' of competition, by allowing the easily corrected infallibility of human error, that can and has cost games, which has farther reaching ramifications. At some point, though, there needs to be a streamlining of the process, to reduce the amount of time spent going to replays.

biggmattdogg
11/08/19 5:40 am

It needs to be really quick and minimize the disruption to the game, but overall yes it is needed. Especially in the NFL

BoCephas
11/08/19 5:21 am

It interrupts the flow of the game too much.

JPA1960 Illinois
11/08/19 4:07 am

I remember a time when we didn’t have it. That was a much simpler time. People would make judgments based on what they saw, making the Refs more useful. Get rid of it!

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
11/08/19 1:42 am

Undecided...There are times works great & there are also times when they needlessly review plays that no one is even considering questioning & if there are a lot of those in one game, it gets really frustrating to watch.

baucoin18
11/08/19 1:42 am

Fuck the human element. We saw what the human element did in the NFC championship last season. It fucked over a team from going to the superbowl

truenuff
11/07/19 10:46 pm

I’m a fan hen it helps my team! 🥳

But god... do I hate it when it doesn’t!!! 🤯🤬

Zebera5659 Kennewick WA
11/07/19 10:05 pm

It takes the human element out of the game. And I believe it is relied on to much now.

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
11/08/19 10:21 am

This is such a silly argument. There are certain rules to a game and they should be followed. Finding better ways to not screw up the fundamental rules of a game is not "taking away the human element." The "human element" is the players playing and the varied results that come from that, not referees or umpires messing up at their jobs and getting things wrong.

Zebera5659 Kennewick WA
11/08/19 2:04 pm

So should coaches just use a computer to make up the game plan and call plates then so they don’t call the wrong play. Do officials get some calls or no calls wrong? Yes. So do players so do coaches. The bigger problem I see now is they are relying on replay to much. Not a silly argument. It is a vary valid argument.

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
11/08/19 2:22 pm

You don't seem to understand the difference between being a participant in the game and being a referee of the game.

I see this ridiculous leap in logic all the time. "Robotic strike zone? What's next, robotic players?" No. The umpires are not participants in the game. They are not being paid to play the game to the best of their ability. They are being paid to enforce the rules and enforce them correctly.

There are already measures in place in all sports that help them do that. There are timers, first down markers, foul lines, etc. Do you oppose all of those as well? They also take away the "human element" that you value so much in the people who are supposed to always make the right calls.

dlinz001
11/08/19 3:54 pm

Sticks, I agree with you. That was a very strong leap, coaches make mistakes, sure, but they are players. Refs are not, they are suppose to enforce the rules ( mostly black and white). You can’t compare a QB throwing a pass when understanding the risk vs reward to a ref making a blatant bad call or at times making a call which appears correct at first glance. Same as with a coach, they are playing, not just trying to call rights and wrongs. Video review makes it fair so that some incorrect calls can be made correct. It makes the game more consistent and fair.

DallasFan
11/07/19 8:55 pm

As long as it isn’t used too much. But if it’s a game changing play that’s borderline, you have to use it and get it right.

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
11/07/19 8:54 pm

Yes, I like when sports organizations make efforts to better enforce their rules. What fan doesn't?

orgblu10 Shamerica
11/07/19 8:08 pm

It's necessary, but it works better in some sports than others.

mrscheisskopf2 Kentucky
11/07/19 8:00 pm

I like it, but not on every play

AntMacc15 East Tennessee
11/07/19 7:58 pm

It gets a little excessive sometimes but it can be helpful