Krosskaos November 7th, 2019 6:31pm

New Axios poll finds that 62% of Trump supporters can't think of anything Trump could possibly do to lose their support.

Negamu be gay, do crime
11/07/19 9:53 pm

I don’t care who you are or who you support: If you blindly follow someone to the point that they could do no wrong, you are a sheep and you are weak.

sea California
11/07/19 9:17 pm

Shrug. No news here. I bet 70% of Obama supporters would have voted the same way.

suppressedID keep Summer safe
11/08/19 12:49 am

Because that would justify your lack of critical thinking.

sea California
11/08/19 1:54 am

That doesn’t make any sense

credo Positive Rights Exist
11/07/19 5:53 pm

Yea I saw that. It doesn't really surprise me, unfortunately.

Krosskaos Ohio
11/07/19 4:38 pm

Sorry, it would be fair to point out it isn't actually an Azios poll, Axois is just the one reporting on a poll from Monmouth University.

zimmy Florida
11/07/19 2:34 pm

It’s a cult!

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
11/07/19 2:13 pm

Let’s do the math: So it’s 107 die hard supporters vs. 327 entrenched detractors... that’s over 3 to 1 firmly against Trump.

DonWichita Kansas
11/07/19 2:02 pm

Nope !
Trump is Trump. He is what America needs right now to wake up. There is no Democrat that is even remotely acceptable.
When Trump's time is up we must find another America loving fighter to carry the battle.
Can you say, Mike Pompeo ?
I can ! I am very impressed

GlockMan1 Alabama
11/07/19 3:50 pm

Can you say “Ivanka Trump”?

Injectable Trump Killed Babbitt
11/09/19 3:42 pm

Can you say Rudy “gets shit done in Ukraine” Giuliani? We all know he’s wearing the daddy pants in this administration.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
11/07/19 1:57 pm

It’s actually much higher. Trumpanzees are incapable of accurately comprehending poll questions, as evidenced here.

GlockMan1 Alabama
11/07/19 12:30 pm

Nope....if Trump were to go PRO CHOICE, things would change. If he were to be anti gun, his base would leave him. If he were to become an “open border” President....he would loose his base. There are other things he could do as well to loose his supporters.

friendlysadist
11/07/19 3:01 pm

Didn’t trump support red flag laws though?

GlockMan1 Alabama
11/07/19 3:48 pm

Not the same.

friendlysadist
11/07/19 6:26 pm

As a pro gun control guy, I went and saw what looked like him doing that and freaked, why is this not the same thing?

GlockMan1 Alabama
11/07/19 6:37 pm

Red flag laws are aimed at people who present a very real threat to others....much like many of the school shooters or men who have threatened to kill their wives. These people should have their guns removed at least temporarily.

friendlysadist
11/07/19 6:39 pm

Fair enough, I just see red flag laws the same way I see the #metoo movement

TomM
11/07/19 12:27 pm

I'm not really surprised when you look at the alternatives. Also from the article "The other side: Among those who disapprove of the job Trump is doing (467 respondents), 70% say there's nothing the president could do to gain their support." Is this frightening too?

KellyDimples NJ
11/07/19 1:35 pm

Great point.

paranoidandroid peace love science
11/07/19 12:16 pm

62% of Trump supporters have no morals. Saying there’s nobody else to support doesn’t cut it since you aren’t obligated to support anyone. I didn’t necessarily support who I voted for in 2016 but voted for them because I so strongly didn’t support the other options.

paranoidandroid peace love science
11/07/19 12:18 pm

If they were to start speaking up against him instead of blindly supporting him then maybe other candidates would have the balls to come out of the woodwork.

Quinnipiac Here
11/07/19 12:27 pm

I wonder what the number would be for leftists to support trump? 🧐

oh I guess its because they have no morals.

you dumb ass entrenched tribal leftist!

TomM
11/07/19 12:28 pm

It's in the article too, it's 70%, see my post above.

paranoidandroid peace love science
11/07/19 12:41 pm

I will never support trump because, as a rape survivor, hearing him shit on MeToo hurt on a personal level. And to hear him saying “go home” when my family members have been told that before was a low point. Plus the lying. And the bullying by him and his supporters (see Q’s comment). He feeds the hate.

I’ll make generalizations like lack of morals. I won’t attack and individual. I won’t deflect back... “you called me a racist, lacking in morals, a bully, etc... no YOU are the XYZ” rather than giving a legitimate argument. I don’t use stupid terms like “leftist” to classify those who disagree with me. If someone is civil about it I respect them.

What’s your excuse Q?

Quinnipiac Here
11/07/19 1:19 pm

I need no excuse. I get it, you are a victim and choose to allow that to define you because victimhood is currency among leftists.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
11/07/19 2:04 pm

In Q’s case you can add no class to no morals!

Quinnipiac Here
11/07/19 2:09 pm

thanks for your weak ass opinion, but idc 🤷🏿‍♂️

Think Lovin Life
11/07/19 12:07 pm

Kross ... go ahead and misinterpret the results, it’s fun to watch you set your hair on fire.

zimmy Florida
11/07/19 2:35 pm

Think- and what are the results?

thedman Free Kyle Rittenhouse
11/07/19 11:55 am

It says more about the people trump is fighting than the man himself

orgblu10 Shamerica
11/07/19 11:36 am

Scary or not, more than anything it's a commentary on the absence of good candidates. Where are the right-leaning voters supposed to go when everyone else SUCKS, and no credible conservative challengers come forward?

Ebola007 Florida
11/07/19 11:36 am

There are lots of things he could do to lose my support but I can’t think of anything he would do to lose it.

Think Lovin Life
11/07/19 12:08 pm

Ebola ... that is the key nuance that supposed intellectual leftists can’t figure out.

GlockMan1 Alabama
11/07/19 12:30 pm

Acow Where is the Source
11/07/19 2:02 pm

This “key nuance” doesn’t effect the answer, it affects the explanation of the choice. Here, Ebola’s choice would be “Yes- Trump can lose her support, but it’s unlikely he’ll do anything to do so”

Yet 62% of Trump supporters answered “No”, meaning they didn’t understand that the question didn’t include the nuance, or they’re blindly ignorant. Odd how you called leftists stupid for not understanding something that the vast majority of the polled trump supporters did not understand.

Glad to see you guys are reasonable and said yes!

...

Think Lovin Life
11/07/19 2:04 pm

Andy ... read what you need into the results. Methinks you over play ...