TCheyenne November 6th, 2019 9:19pm

Should the Catholic Church Remove all Active Homosexual Priests from the Priesthood Worldwide?

historyqueen
11/06/19 9:04 pm

Maybe the Pope is right in the thinking of allowing priests to marry.

Think Lovin Life
11/06/19 7:37 pm

Bone ... what’s the difference between “active homosexuals” and “practicing homosexuals”?

bnnt Los Angeles
11/06/19 4:47 pm

If they’re active and practicing homosexuals, absolutely.

Same for a straight priest.

They’re obviously not following the tenants of the Catholic Church and rules agreed upon to serve.

qmastrangelo back again one day
11/06/19 2:48 pm

Priests shouldn’t be sexually active period.

SticksandStones Proud Prude
11/06/19 2:56 pm

This. If a priest is "sexually active" they should be removed, whether they're gay or straight.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/06/19 3:06 pm

I agree, and would go further and say that no PROTESTANTS should be pastors if they have been sexually active before marriage, (unless they got saved after having sex and have been abstinent since) as the Bible makes it VERY clear that abstinence before marriage is God’s law.

chinito Florida
11/07/19 5:28 am

Sexual orientation and sexual activity are 2 different things. You can be gay and virgin.

SticksandStones Proud Prude
11/07/19 7:49 am

I don't think anyone here was disputing that. We all used the term "sexually active." The poll also used the term "active." There was no talk about orientation being the factor.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/07/19 2:39 pm

I agree with Sticks, and that’s how I would have responded to you, chinito.

chinito Florida
11/07/19 5:26 pm

I understood by “active homosexual priest” someone that is homosexual and it’s actively being a priest. I’ve never heard the term “active homosexual” to describe a person who is sexually active with people of their same gender.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/07/19 5:31 pm

I’ve never heard anyone being called an active priest. It’s your entire life. Either you’re a priest or you’re not. And I do believe that the word homosexual would be an adjective describing priest and the word active would be an adjective describing homosexual. I took it to mean a homosexual priest who is actively having sex.

chinito Florida
11/07/19 7:39 pm

I understood active priest as someone that is currently being a priest. He hasn’t quit of retired.

The thing with homosexuality is that you can be gay and virgin. It’s all about attraction and not the action. I assume that you were straight even before being kissed for the first time. You can even be homosexual and have sex with someone from the opposite gender (a lot of people that haven’t come out of the closet do).

If the issue is about the church an promiscuous priests l, then I agree. The church has its rules and they can enforce them if they want.

Well, I believe we can all agree that this poll was actively strangely worded. 😂😂😂

zimmy Florida
11/06/19 2:34 pm

What does active mean? If you mean sexually, same rules should apply the straight priests who have sex.

TCheyenne I Love People
11/06/19 3:01 pm

Zimmy:
Sexually Active in light of the increased gay Clergy molestation over the last 75 years. Apparently since the 1950’s & 60’s 1,000’s of Gay Priests we’re allowed to gain entry to catholic seminaries in North America with the intent of a type (not very stringent obviously) reparative therapy as the excuse. This came about despite some very strong opposition against jeopardizing & sexualizing young Church Members.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/06/19 3:07 pm

Zimmy, see my comment just above yours, as I agree with you on this and go even further.

zimmy Florida
11/06/19 3:12 pm

I agree with what you said! 👍

RatBaby
11/06/19 2:31 pm

No? Maybe go after the pedophiles first.