ILY3000 November 6th, 2019 6:11pm

Should the FDA increase regulation of pain killers?

DonWichita Kansas
11/06/19 4:47 pm

The Dr's RX is the control factor.

JPA1960 Illinois
11/06/19 1:19 pm

Most certainly.

That lack of regulation is part of what led to the opioid epidemic which is impacting thousands of families. It’s time for us to focus on that more. We can change the future.

accountwontpost
11/06/19 12:26 pm

This user is currently being ignored

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/06/19 12:11 pm

No - that just penalizes the people that truly need to have their pain alleviated.

credo Vote your conscience
11/06/19 11:35 am

I see why someone would say yes, but my wife lives in chronic pain from multiple sclerosis, and she is always afraid regulations will stop them from being able to prescribe her medications. (She only takes them when absolutely necessary, not as many as she could get)

I'd really like to see marijuana legalized in this state, because they say it is very effective with her type of pain, and is not chemically adictive. But this is an extremely conservative state, so that won't happen any time in the foreseeable future.

missmorganmarie ...
11/06/19 3:37 pm

she Can't get a medical marijuana license?

historylover
11/06/19 11:30 am

Yes. The amount of pain killers taken in this country is absurd.

snagglepuss2 The beautiful fall colors
11/06/19 11:13 am

You need a prior authorization already.

ILY3000 Day 6
11/06/19 11:21 am

But a lot of times doctors will just prescribe pain killers without actually finding out the cause and how to treat it. And people can become addicted off of it.

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/06/19 12:13 pm

Then regulate the doctors. Some people really *need* pain care ... ask any cancer patient.

snagglepuss2 The beautiful fall colors
11/06/19 1:27 pm

I need painkillers due to chronic pain from my neck, shoulders and back. My doctor won’t prescribe them because my work injury is over two years old. She give me muscle relaxers and Gabapentin for nerve pain. Sometimes I don’t sleep due to chronic pain.

My Mom’s boyfriend had a triple bypass and he needed a prior authorization and gets a month supply before seeing the doctor for a new prescription. We are punishing people in pain instead of the doctors and drug manufacturers that pushed opiates on Americans.

...

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/06/19 1:58 pm

... and gabapentin is next to useless.
I’d find a different doctor ... or better yet, an osteopath. I have only used osteopaths as my primary doctor for the past 50+ years ... ODs are better trained in certain areas than MDs.

snagglepuss2 The beautiful fall colors
11/06/19 2:04 pm

I’ll have to see if I can find an osteopath.

snagglepuss2 The beautiful fall colors
11/06/19 2:09 pm

Can an osteopath help with chronic tendinitis, compression in the neck and osteoarthritis?

I had two years of physical therapy. Dry needling helps but it’s painful. I have exercises but they don’t take the pain away.

...

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/06/19 3:15 pm

Right ... also see if you can find some FDA approved CBD cream. ... it’s amazing stuff and really helps with the pain. The FDA approved versions for sports is what my Doc gave me. Nearly completely pain free for literally hours!

snagglepuss2 The beautiful fall colors