KellyDimples November 6th, 2019 5:06pm

My doctor is concerned about a result in my last bloodwork, and is sending me for more tests. Do you automatically assume/fear the worst in a situation like this, or remain optimistic?

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
11/10/19 4:59 pm

It’s often a mixed bag for me, but I always try to research & rule out worst-case scenario ASAP.

katerina13 where I should be
11/07/19 7:32 am

I’m sure you’ll be fine, Kelly. Will pray for you. Keep the faith. 💕

FitzDarcy Earth
11/07/19 1:48 am

Did you ask him why? You are not sending ME for any extra anything without a full explanation as to why..the Dr is not leaving the room until I know.

Snardfarkel
11/06/19 11:57 pm

No need in worrying till there’s something to worry about.

paranoidandroid beantown scientist lady
11/06/19 11:09 pm

I try not to worry. No use worrying about something that may not actually be a problem. That’s easier said than done. I thought I’d learned not to turn to google but on Saturday I read an article that said 1 in 3 who get a cat bite to the hand are hospitalized and I figured I was a goner. Talk about in excess worrying 🤦🏻‍♀️

Hope the tests are ok. Do NOT google the possibilities! 😉

lj74
11/06/19 8:51 pm

Did they tell you what they were concerned about?

DonWichita Kansas
11/06/19 5:01 pm

My position is:
If I get something, it's mine and I will deal with it.
Worring will neither help nor hinder it.

JackTorS SOH Flounder
11/06/19 4:46 pm

Meh, maybe he just wants to pad your bill a bit before he submits it to your insurance company.

11/06/19 4:47 pm

No, hemoglobin doesn't just drop from 14 to 9 for no reason.

JackTorS SOH Flounder
11/06/19 5:01 pm

I think my ex wife had that years ago. Turns out she had anemia. Very treatable and manageable.

11/06/19 5:04 pm

Probably just something like that, I just think he wants to be cautious and rule out the worst case.

JackTorS SOH Flounder
11/06/19 5:09 pm

Either way, try not to stress, Mrs. Dimples. We all still love you.

11/06/19 5:18 pm

I'm trying. Thanks.

FitzDarcy Earth
11/07/19 1:50 am

They may think there is internal bleeding..quite possibly a bleeding ulcer which is very treatable and caused by stress.

Diogenes Lagoa Time
11/06/19 2:51 pm

Lots can go wrong with aseptic handling of samples. A second test is warranted and encouraged. I hope the initial results were due to an artifact.

lcamino Florida
11/06/19 2:44 pm

I usually think the worst. I’ve googled the name of the test to find out what they are looking for.

lcamino Florida
11/06/19 2:51 pm

I hope your tests come back with good results 💙.

11/06/19 4:47 pm

Thanks. Me too.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/06/19 2:35 pm

I tend to be a chicken little. During this current bout of whatever is wrong with me. One day I could hardly see and I have a splitting headache. I thought oh no brain cancer. My dyslexic is still worse than usual but I can focus my eyes better now. I hope you get the absolute best results. You know people in the medical profession tend to get more concerned.

thelowend imitation is flattery
11/06/19 12:47 pm

good luck kelly. i think those with us having medical backgrounds have seen what can go wrong and fear the worst.

BUT we’ve also seen great things as well as aberrations with blood work. hoping you come out ok

11/06/19 1:21 pm

That's true, I've pretty much seen it all, good and bad, and all of that is going through my mind at the moment.

zimmy Florida
11/06/19 12:35 pm

Hope everything goes ok!

11/06/19 1:21 pm

Thanks zimmy.

desolatia Oregon
11/06/19 12:30 pm

I always assume I’m a goner. Hasn’t been true so far, though.

Good luck!

chickencookie
11/06/19 12:30 pm

My husband had to take a biopsy for some weird looking patch on his back. We got a call from the doctors today to call them back. I had him dead and buried (in my mind) since cancer runs all over in his family. He is fine though. Good luck to you. You are not your mother.

Kay41 the Midwest
11/06/19 11:55 am

I try to stay optimistic, but sometimes it is hard.

I hope everything turns out alright for you!!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/06/19 11:34 am

💠 KellyDimples asked:
11/06/2019

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/06/19 11:38 am

So sorry, Kelly! I recently went through a scare when my doctor found a lump and sent me for a diagnostic mammogram (which is more intense than a screening mammo).

I always pray and hope for the best, but try to prepare myself for acceptance and peace if it’s the worst, knowing that God will be with me to help me through it if it’s the worst!

Because I have so many other health conditions, it’s easier for me to believe that I have something else, I think. I had a strong feeling that I had cancer, and would be facing another health issue, to the point that I was shocked and VERY relieved when he said its was just a cyst and the same size it was last year!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/06/19 11:39 am

Oh, and I meant to say that I will be praying for you! Please keep us updated, ok?

11/06/19 11:58 am

Thanks, 4JC!
A little about my situation: mu bloodwork came back and my hemoglobin dropped from 14 to about 9. He started asking questions if I had any history of stomach or colon cancer in my family. I answered no. He said he wanted me to go for a colonoscopy and other tests. It wasn't until I got home that it hit me - my mother was diagnosed with stomach cancer right before she died. She just had so many other health issues from years of alcohol and prescription drug abuse, that the cancer wasn't what killed her and it slipped my mind.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/06/19 12:46 pm

Oh, wow! I can see how this would be a major concern for you! Have you called his office back to tell them that? If you don’t already have the tests lined up, that info could play into getting the tests done sooner.

Do you have the date of your tests and know how long it will take to get results?

11/06/19 1:20 pm

I just had my appointment last night. I have not talked to him to let him know about my mom. I haven't scheduled the tests yet. I'm off from work tomorrow so will make some phone calls then.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/06/19 1:34 pm

Ok. Please keep us updated as to how it’s going! Praying that God will give you peace as you wait!

11/06/19 1:36 pm

Thank you!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/06/19 1:37 pm

You’re welcome! I kind of know where you’re at. Just try to take some deep breaths when it seems overwhelming.

11/06/19 1:43 pm

I'm trying not to worry about it and look into what else it could possibly be. He is probably just being overly cautious and ruling out the worst-case scenario.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/06/19 1:59 pm

Yes, that’s a great attitude to have!

chickencookie
11/06/19 5:30 pm

Don’t you hate when you leave the doctors office and realize that you forgot to tell him something that could have been pertinent to your condition?

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/06/19 9:36 pm

It wouldn’t apply in this case, because she had no advance preparation for their questions, but I make notes about what I want to talk to the doctor about in the notes app of my iPad, and each note is in a file about either hubby’s or my doctor’s visit.

I sit my iPad on my lap, with the keyboard kickstand out, and ask the questions, and type in the doctor’s answers, any test results, weight, BP, scripts for new meds, and any instructions. It’s helped SO much with keeping up with what to ask the doc and to remember what he told me later.

FLSun Florida
11/06/19 10:50 am

Thinking positive for you!!

11/06/19 10:51 am

Thanks!

rons on top of the world MA
11/06/19 10:35 am

Always a concern. I had an xray, that should a dark spot on my lung. Then a CT scan which should more problems. Finally a PET scan that was negative! But I was worried.

11/06/19 10:44 am

Glad it worked out for you.

TierasPet
11/06/19 10:07 am

I try to stay optimistic but it doesn't always work.