TopsQueen November 4th, 2019 8:25pm

I just found out that Amazon sells gluten-free gravy by McCormick. It’s close to four dollars a package. I called our local Walmart. $0.89. Do you trust Amazon to have the lowest prices?

snagglepuss2 Harmony Bear
11/05/19 6:27 pm

At Walmart they sell 50 pen needles for $9. I can buy 100 for $7 at Amazon. You have to compare.

FitzDarcy Earth
11/05/19 1:58 am

Absolutely not. Its cheaper at Wal-Mart than Target too.

FitzDarcy Earth
11/05/19 1:59 am

Amazon never claimed to have the lowest price just more to choose from.

bnnt Los Angeles
11/04/19 8:33 pm

Amazon is all about convenience not low prices.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/04/19 6:59 pm

Never, and I don’t think they have ever claimed to have the lowest prices. That doesn’t seem to be part of their marketing at all, and isn’t the reason so many of us shop with them. They do occasionally have a price that is competitive on price alone, making the availability and exceptional service welcome plusses, but if price is your priority, there are other better bets.

DonWichita Kansas
11/04/19 6:01 pm

The big advantage for Amazon is the convenience and speed of turn-around time.
If one is satisfied with both, then go ahead and Amazon.
If one is not able to shop around, then Amazon is a good thing to have.
Be sure of the price you are willing to pay, search around, then choose the path most suited to your needs and budget.
Happy Amazoning.

Krystina Live and Let Live
11/04/19 6:00 pm

In my experience, Amazon doesn’t always have the lowest prices. It’s best to shop around.

rons on top of the world MA
11/04/19 4:55 pm

I bought a combo, small microwave/convection over shipped from Walmart for 90 bucks. Amazon wanted 235.

think4yourself Not a safe space
11/04/19 4:05 pm

It’ll cost at least that just to ship it.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
11/04/19 3:52 pm

Amazon makes it really easy for us to check in store using the barcode/item scanner in the app. I’d say about 60% of the time, it’s cheaper in the store I’m standing in, so I’m not so sure that feature works to their advantage lol.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
11/04/19 4:34 pm

Kinda like when Progressive’s rate comparison feature informed me that Geico had the same coverage for cheaper. Thanks! Lol

LibArtie SW Connecticut
11/04/19 3:50 pm

If any one retailer had the lowest prices for everything, and was accessible to everyone, no other retailers would exist.

JPA1960 Illinois
11/04/19 3:19 pm

That’s crazy! Always double check.

Amazon is a corporation. Like all other corporations, they love to make money. Probably more than most.

lcamino Florida
11/04/19 2:48 pm

Wow, what a difference in price! I rely pretty heavily on Amazon, but I need to start checking prices.

chickencookie
11/04/19 1:42 pm

I hardly buy anything from them.

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/04/19 1:31 pm

I always double check, if I find a cheaper source, I compare shipping costs.
Ya gotta watch all sales-based ventures because all they care about is the bottom line.