badattitude November 4th, 2019 3:48am

Cops Destroyed This House To Arrest a Shoplifter. A Federal Court Says Police Don't Have To Pay for the Damage. Should this government abuse of citizens be allowed in America?

lj74
11/09/19 7:44 am

Hopefully this will go to SCOTUS!

RatBaby
11/04/19 5:53 pm

Police have never had to pay for the damage they cause. Many cities the police have a habit of raiding the houses of people with prior drug convictions, with no other evidence than they were convicted in the past. Smashing windows, knocking down doors, and not being held responsible for the damage when they find nothing.

badattitude no place like home
11/04/19 7:06 pm

Absolutely true I thought the city had insurance for just such an occasion. But I have a friend with a beautiful million dollar home that he rented to a couple. While they were in Vegas she killed him and escaped to Mexico. The cops went to their address in California, where she obviously wasn’t, and smashed down a custom $10,000 door. Obviously nobody home. Did they fix anything? Nope. You’re just out. Freaking unbelievable. I get that if you’re the criminal and they need to get you out. But if you broke in the home to begin with, how is the owners fault?

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
11/04/19 4:29 am

You can see how the police lawyers would like to put the blame on the petty criminal who broke into the home, but the major damage was still directly caused by the discretionary actions of the government.

Krystina Live and Let Live
11/03/19 10:23 pm

This is atrocious. There’s no way the police shouldn’t be liable for their actions in the destruction of an innocent civilian’s home.

badattitude no place like home
11/04/19 7:07 pm

True. They should at least have an insurance policy to protect the innocent.

qmastrangelo back again one day
11/03/19 10:13 pm

Everyone, no matter their ideology, should at least be able to agree that our system of policing is in dire need of reform. Stuff like this can’t keep happening.

badattitude no place like home
11/04/19 7:07 pm

Yes. At least an insurance policy for just such an occasion.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
11/03/19 9:49 pm

Police claim the are always looking for better community relations...this is a giant step backwards.

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/03/19 9:24 pm

I saw this on the news and was stunned that the PD does not have pay restitution.

A couple years ago a man in Orlando was killed when the cops went to the wrong front door ... there was even some disagreement as to whether the police had even identified themselves and it was the middle of the night.
... failure to pay attention to detail is never a reason to say: Oops - my bad!
Especially at the cost of someone’s life or home.

TierasPet
11/04/19 5:43 am

Well said, I agree.

badattitude no place like home
11/04/19 7:11 pm

I saw a man shot at Costco 7 times by 4 cops. No he wasn’t shooting it out at with the cops. They asked him if he had a gun and he said yes and lifted his shirt to show them. He was a West Point graduate and legal carry. Oh. And they said that the camera at Costco wasn’t working for that hour. Then they claimed he drew his weapon. I was standing right there and he did not. I saw them take the weapon out of the holster from his dead body. Liars.

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/04/19 8:35 pm

Then I hope you said something to the Police Chief and Mayor.

badattitude no place like home
11/04/19 8:41 pm

Absolutely not. Not only will he not come back to life. They won’t do anything to the cops. There was already one guy on Facebook that repeated what I saw. But all the cops and the Costco employees said he drew his gun. The only thing that will happen if I say something is that they will follow me around and wait for me to toll through a stop sign so they can do something to me. Nope. This is as far as it goes. Lesson learned, when cops ask if you have a gun, don’t move. Freeze with your hands high and do not move. They are hopped up on five hour energy and are hoping for a gunfight.

youallarewrong
11/03/19 9:17 pm

Oops we knock down the wrong door fix it yourself

youallarewrong
11/03/19 9:16 pm

Police should have to pay for that house

orgblu10 Shamerica
11/03/19 9:00 pm

"...and justice for all." Yeah, right. We've got a problem, folks.