Americanophile November 3rd, 2019 9:10pm

Being an Hispanic myself some time ago I said here an overwhelming majority of Hispanics are deeply socialist culturally (they hate the results, but love its principles). Now, this viral article about…

ladyniner81 Embrace your inner dork
11/05/19 1:34 pm

Seriously? When I read "idiotic socialistic policies " you lost me. Right wing garbage. If you want to get your point across, do it without any hateful bias. I see too much of that bullshit on here and Facebook. From both sides. Geezus.

thomas12466 Los Angeles
11/04/19 11:45 am

However their country is having a hard time with the influx of migrants—Mexico has no borders

thomas12466 Los Angeles
11/04/19 11:44 am

Look at the Mexican President—Mexico loves socialism

suppressedID Honor RBGs Wish
11/04/19 8:45 am

I heard a comedian point out that there are rarely Hispanic homeless because they take care of each other, even if it’s living 20 in a house. Actually made sense.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
11/04/19 10:46 am

This user is currently being ignored

suppressedID Honor RBGs Wish
11/04/19 10:54 am

Why would you care? You don’t like Hispanics anyway. And it’s not your neighborhood.

The question was about socialist tendencies, I merely pointed out that they did indeed seem to take care of each other. Or at least according to the comedian.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
11/04/19 11:05 am

This user is currently being ignored

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
11/04/19 2:18 pm

This user is currently being ignored

LibArtie SW Connecticut
11/03/19 3:44 pm

Ann Coulter? I need a shower now to decontaminate.

Americanophile Venezuelan
11/03/19 4:17 pm

You need a shower because you're a dirty hippie, along with all socialist-tyranny-loving-but-not-living Democrats.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
11/03/19 4:22 pm

I specifically made sure to say exactly why I needed to shower, anticipating an asinine, sophomoric remark like yours.

historylover
11/03/19 2:50 pm

This is the first reason I was appalled when I first learned of the torrent of illegal aliens flooding into our country. That was around 2004. Before that, I knew nothing of it. I knew that most of them would be Democrat voters. Next, I realized that we cannot assimilate that many people fast enough. Then, I learned many of the illegals don’t want to assimilate. And I have known for 15 years that most Republican politicians bear a significant share of the blame because they have bowed to their lords and masters who want cheap labor. Everything else be damned. I waited for 12 long years for a Presidential candidate who campaigned on this problem and the problem of China. I didn’t think anyone would ever run who understood those two issues and also cared enough to attempt any solutions that actually favored the United States.
Is the reason these people vote for lying socialists for their entire lives mainly lack of education or is it something else?

. . . .

Americanophile Venezuelan
11/03/19 4:58 pm

It is endemically cultural. See, I've been recommending the essay a lot but it's the one I see best suited for this: "The Economic Consequences of Economic Origins," by Rafael La Porta. Hispanic history is one of absolutism, little ownership outside the Crown, much cronyism to entrepenourship, and that was inherited to the constitutions after "independence" from Spain (which was more an internal civil war that had those consequences abroad). In Venezuela, for example, the subsoil is owned by the government, and if you find oil on your land like Rockefeller, you will not be Rockefeller but another poor peasant because the government will claim all that wealth. It's a mentality that doesn't conceive life without hyperegulations, subsidies and centralism.

Odysseus We All Need A Fantasy
11/03/19 2:46 pm

Kind of stupid.
We have the top economy in the world.
The next 9 top economies in the world have economic systems more socialistic than ours.
That tells me that a hybrid system of capitalism and socialism is the best of both worlds.

Americanophile Venezuelan
11/03/19 4:48 pm

Your subtext fits you perfectly, "We All Need A Fantasy" and you chose yours (which is what you are describing in your comment). The only "best" is capitalism and socialism only parasite from it. That's why the United States remains the first and not one of the first ten, but you can be happy because years of Democrat push (and to a lesser extent Republican, but there is also fault on them) have been leading the country to the abyss of bankruptcy, but even with THE SECOND BIGGEST GOVERNMENT HEALTCARE BUDGET IN TE WORLD (too much for a "privatized, predatory healthcare; that is not, btw) within the same country differences between damaged sectors intervened by the government and buoyant sectors left to the free market can be seen: www.aei.org/carpe-diem/chart-of-the-day-or-century/

qmastrangelo back again one day
11/03/19 2:45 pm

Chilean politics aren’t exactly left-leaning, for one. Conservative parties now dominate in the majority of Latin American countries.

I think this is way overblown.

Americanophile Venezuelan
11/03/19 4:29 pm

That was what you were saying the last time, and I told you that it's only theory, way too entitled. I recommended you "The Economic Consequences of Legal Origins" by Rafael La Porta, because maybe he explains to you in theoretical language why the Hispanic part of the world is inherently socialist; but that excuse of most of Latin America being "dominated by conservatives parties," in addition to being false and to the few not-so-leftists governments being reversed --as in Argentina--, neglect a deeper analysis that is the high social spending, economic controls and extensive state ownership that governments continue to have in Latin America.

A "conservative" for Latin American standards is more state-leaning than a moderate Republican.

TomM
11/03/19 2:33 pm

I'm surprised. I thought Hispanics would come to the U.S. because they want capitalism and want to get away from socialism in Central America.

Americanophile Venezuelan
11/03/19 5:11 pm

Many think they do it but they really aren't, they confuse what capitalism is and I give you an example: in my native Venezuela there has been exchange control since the discovery of oil, periods without exchange control are virtually non-existent. The strategy was to flood the domestic market with petrodollars to keep operational the artificially low dollar prices dictated by the government, and thus it tyrannically collected all the information from all businesses because buying dollars on the black market was suicidal, going bankrupt for sure. That's what China does to manipulate its currency. The socialist regime of Chavez and Maduro broke that system, and it is one of the reasons for tje extreme poverty nowadays, but when people leave the country they think they will find that prior populist system abroad, but seeing that they will live as good as they have to produce, then they collapse and want to build their "socialism that works" again. A mentality that condemns them.

ConservativeD Libertarian in disguise