4JC February 14th, 2019 1:25am

1600-DJT launched Amer AI Initiative, directing Fed agencies to prioritize investments in R&D of AI. Continued Amer leadership in AI is important to maintain econ & nat’l security, create industries of future, improve safety & increase productivity.

Liberty 4,032,064
02/14/19 6:22 am

None of a government’s business.

02/14/19 6:37 am

What is none of a government’s business? National security? Economic security? Productivity of it’s people? Safety of it’s workers? I’m confused. I consider all of these to be the government’s business.

Liberty 4,032,064
02/14/19 10:59 am

Developing products that lag behind the productive sector(s) and spending money on consumer product development, which is what this is.

02/14/19 12:47 pm

So you’ve had problems in the past with the government giving research grants to companies, for R&D? And you take issue with the government training workers that are in fields that are going out (like coal mining) to work in high tech fields?

I think this part of it is especially important:

“prioritize fellowship and training programs to help American workers gain AI-relevant skills through apprenticeships, skills programs, fellowships, and education in computer science and other growing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields. This action will help educate the AI R&D workforce our Nation needs to create and embrace new AI technologies.”

Liberty 4,032,064
02/14/19 1:50 pm

Well yeah. Of course I have a problem with corporate welfare. Odd question...

02/14/19 4:16 pm

We give plenty of welfare to people who refuse to work, but you have problems with giving grants for R&D for companies that will train and put those people to work? Seems upside down to me.

Liberty 4,032,064
02/14/19 4:44 pm

Those two things don’t relate to each other in any way. Government should take money from some people to give away to others anyway, so not sure why you bring that up...

02/14/19 4:46 pm

Did you mean should NOT? My point is that they do that every day. Why not give it to companies that want to put people to work instead of bums that REFUSE to work?

Liberty 4,032,064
02/14/19 4:55 pm

Yes, it should say “not.” Governments should not steal money from people just give it away to others, whether the “others” are useful idiots or politically connected donors.

02/14/19 5:04 pm

So you believe the welfare system should be shut down completely?

02/14/19 6:00 pm

You must not be Democratic! Lol I’ve never been able to figure out where you stand politically, just from the times we’ve “talked.”

I was playing Devil’s advocate, thinking you were for welfare, but not helping companies with R&D.

Liberty 4,032,064
02/15/19 5:12 am

I’m very democratic.
Where I stand politically is that all interactions between people should be voluntary.
Yeah, I’m against both forms of forced redistribution.

02/15/19 8:55 am

How can you be democratic and be against public assistance? That’s one of their main platforms! Are you sure you’re not a closet Republican? Lol

I’m very much for voluntary and personal giving as well, and believe that is what Jesus teaches in the Bible, no matter how many liberals on here keep trying to tell me that He would’ve been a Democrat. Here is a description of the meme I posted that I think best describes what I believe He would say:

Shows Jesus talking to his followers who are sitting around him. Caption reads:

“Help your neighbor and take care of the poor.”

“But Jesus, why can’t we just give our money to the Romans and let them do it for us?”

“....Okay I’m going to start over from the beginning. Let me know where I lost you.”

...

Liberty 4,032,064
02/15/19 3:56 pm

Being democratic has nothing whatsoever to do with stealing money and redistributing it for political gain. One of whose main platform? No, I’m not a Republican and don’t want to be.

Anyone that says Jesus would be a Democrat is either a compete dupe or evil and exploiting shoes for political gain.

Right, Jesus also strongly opposes theft.

02/15/19 4:24 pm

The Democratic Party DEPENDS on keeping people on welfare! They fight against ANY cuts in welfare, while Republicans fight FOR cuts in welfare.

All I can tell you is that all the people that have told me that Jesus would be a Democrat are Dems themselves!

Liberty 4,032,064
02/15/19 4:31 pm

The Democrat Party certainly does do that, which is part of the reason I despise it so much.

02/15/19 5:13 pm

So are you an independent? And if so, who do you vote for?

Liberty 4,032,064
02/15/19 7:26 pm

I’m a libertarian (the philosophy/ideology, not the party). I vote for those who rush to decrease the power of government and thereby increase the liberty of people.

02/15/19 9:36 pm

I’ve never seen ANYONE do that. Who did you vote for president in 2016?

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
02/13/19 8:01 pm

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Praetorianus Fair enough.
02/13/19 7:07 pm

Great idea. It's adapt and invest or be left behind.

02/13/19 7:08 pm

I posted something like 5 or 6 1600 polls today, if you missed the others. I had gotten away from doing them because I was discouraged and really tired and sick this month. I hope I’ll get a lot of responses, because it’s a lot of work to do, if no one is looking at them!

02/13/19 6:25 pm

πŸ’  4JC asked:

1600-DJT launched his American Artificial Intelligence Initiative, directing Federal agencies to prioritize investments in the research and development of artificial intelligence. Continued American leadership in AI is or paramount importance to maintaining economic & nat’l security, creating industries of the future, improving safety & increasing productivity.

I agree
I disagree

...

02/13/19 6:26 pm

American artificial intelligence will lead the world

Today, President Trump launched his American AI Initiative, directing Federal agencies to prioritize investments in the research and development of artificial intelligence.

“Continued American leadership in Artificial Intelligence is of paramount importance to maintaining the economic and national security of the United States,” the President says. Indeed, this investment is crucial to creating the industries of the future, such as autonomous cars, industrial robots, algorithms for disease diagnosis, and more.

...

02/13/19 6:26 pm

2) AI promises great benefits for American workers, with the potential to improve safety and increase productivity. Additionally, maintaining America’s global leadership in AI will ensure that the technology is developed in a manner consistent with our Nation’s values, policies, and priorities—including the civil liberties of our people.

5 keys to accelerating American leadership in artificial intelligence here:

www.whitehouse.gov/articles/accelerating-americas-leadership-in-artificial-intelligence/?utm_source=ods&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1600d

Get the facts: President Trump is advancing American AI capabilities. here:

www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-is-accelerating-americas-leadership-in-artificial-intelligence/?utm_source=ods&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1600d

___