thatguy2 February 13th, 2019 11:57pm

If Rep. Ilhan Omarโ€™s tweets about AIPACโ€™s use of money to influence American politics are anti-Semitic then complaints about George Sorosโ€™ use of money to influence American politics are anti-Semitic.

lj74
02/13/19 7:57 pm

Given Soros’ religious leanings, not hardly

ozzy
02/14/19 6:39 am

He helped the nazis in WWII. So not a very good Jew

JamesAndersonMD La Jolla, CA
02/13/19 6:45 pm

Using that logic, yes. I don’t condone her comments, and see the faults in them, but don’t believe t was intentionally racist.

JamesAndersonMD La Jolla, CA
02/13/19 6:45 pm

or anti-Semitic, I should say.

02/13/19 6:31 pm

You are an idiot.

You just compared an orange to a Dodge Ram. Good job.

Anyone excusing Omar’s tweets need to really think about what you are saying. What you are supporting. Why is she still on her committee assignments when Steve King was removed from his? Both of these people are reprehensible. The hypocrisy is astounding.

......

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
02/13/19 6:46 pm

Yes, your hypocrisy is astounding. AIPAC and it’s supporters hiding behind accusations of anti-Semitism is disingenuous and cowardly.

02/13/19 7:03 pm

Hate Israel do you? Why am I not surprised.

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
02/13/19 7:07 pm

No, but feel free to hide behind the baseless accusation, coward.

02/13/19 7:47 pm

Not baseless. Based upon your own words.

Patricio18
02/14/19 1:05 am

Please Russianthunder look up the Lobby USA on youtube Lobbyists for Israel literally state how they buy politicians. Omar said nothing wrong and the only reason shes being asked to resign is because she said something true the Israel lobby doesnt like and the want to show her what happens if you try to speak against them. Also so she cant ask the questions that others wont like she did with Elliot Abrams.

02/14/19 4:25 am

Wow.....ok, so I see where your ideology lies. Good to know.
Yes, there is an Israeli lobby. Do I think any lobbyists should be allowed in Washington? No, I don’t actually.

However, everyone talks about the Israeli lobby and the NRA. Neither rank in even the top 5, top 10 or even top 15 of influential (meaning money spent) by their group. Those distinctions are held by
The US Chamber of Commerce (odd)
National association of Realtors

Northrop Grumman
Lockheed Martin
Exxon Mobil
AT&T
Verizon
National Association of Broadcasters
Southern Group (electric utility)
Altria Group (tobacco)
Comcast

You had many bills introduced 3 January 2019. I mean many. Everything from adding a Carson City Mint commemorative coin to Puerto Rican Assistance. On that day you did have many bills introduced. HR 221 one of them and it calls for a special envoy to monitor and combat anti-semitism, it has only been introduced.

.........

02/14/19 4:39 am

The first bill introduced was HR 1 For the people Act which seems to affirm congress has the authority to enact legislation. The House of Representatives adopted an amendment to House Rule XII. Rule XII, clause 7(c) requires that, to be accepted for introduction by the House Clerk, all bills (H.R.) and joint resolutions (H.J.Res.) must provide a document stating "as specifically as practicable the power or powers granted to Congress in the Constitution to enact the bill or joint resolution."

There appear no HR 2 to HR 6 on record. HR 7 calls for paycheck fairness act. HR 8 calls for bipartisan background checks. Then HR 9-19 were apparently pulled back. HR 20 deals with tax payers not funding abortions.

.........

02/14/19 4:58 am

So 221 bills down the list, a bill is simply introduced by a congressman to combat anti-semitism. It has not even been put up for a vote. HR 45 for the Barack Obama Highway Act (a portion of IL interstate 57 to be named the Barack Obama Highway). So if you think they go by importance, an Obama Highway seems to outshine hating Jews. The Carson Mint commemorative coin act was HR 61 seems to as well.

I don’t get my facts on You Tube.

She was very wrong in what she said. Her behavior questioning Elliott Abrams was childish, smug and asinine. Come on, she even started by calling him “Mr Adams”. Her comportment at that hearing should be embarrassing to most Americans and she appeared to be in lockstep with code pink activists screaming that Abrams was a war criminal. Maybe it’s just the fact Elliot Abrams is Jewish (though I do not think that had anything to do with it)
Abrams is a terrible choice but only Omar could make me feel sorry for Abrams.

.....

02/14/19 5:06 am

For me, my wish is that Abrams is rejected and Omar loses her committee assignments. I mean, Steve King rightly did so.....so Omar should too.

The fact that you seem to support her (and get your information from You Tube) AND make statements without first researching them, speaks volumes about you and how truthful you are as opposed to how much of an ideologist you are simply following a party.

........

Patricio18
02/14/19 5:27 am

Okay and i asked you to do your research into how the israel lobby works in buying our politicians. And i love how you state all the bills introduced from the house and senate but i said the first bill passed through the senate. Im not just siding with with her because she’s a Democrat or im some ideologue. Im siding with her because she’s right and said nothing wrong. You can try to say i dont know what im talking about it but thats okay. And i love how you can seriously sit there and state how bad she treated a war criminal like boo hoo she hurt his feelings and was unfair. He’s a gd war criminal who literally covered up a massacre and supported death squads.

02/14/19 3:33 pm

Hey, scooter. I am well aware how the Israeli lobby works. I works like every other lobby. You have issues with Israel. I get it. She acted like a bratty 12 year old. There are ways to ask questions like a responsible politician and ways to ask questions like a self indulgent middle schooler with discipline problems.
I don’t do research using You Tube.
The first bill S1, that passed in the senate was “Strengthening America’s Security in the Middle East”.
1) It re-authorizes cooperation with Jordan and streamline defense sales and to secure Jordan’s borders with Iraq and Syria.
2) Authorizes sanctions against the Bashar al-Assad regime
3) Extend an existing loan guarantee program while increasing protections for state and local governments that refuse to invest in or contract with companies which boycott Israel.

The biggest benefactor of this bill may be Jordan but sure, Israel is mentioned to so you know “let’s call it the pro-Israel bill”. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

.......

02/14/19 3:44 pm

However if you think her words and behavior are fine and based upon what you said, you have shown the kind of person you are and nothing I say will sway your stance. Yes, Israel is horrible but we must be doing something right. There are 1.5 billion Muslims in the world and 14.5 million Jews. There are 50 majority Muslim countries and 1 Jewish majority country but we are the source of all their troubles? Lol

By the way, Omar fled Somalia because Muslims are killings Muslims. Maybe it’s Somalia that’s an evil country and she should be praying for them. Just a thought.

Ok, now you can go back to watching You Tube. Thanks for the debate

02/14/19 4:30 pm

๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Patricio18
02/14/19 5:04 pm

Lol i have issues with the fact that one cant say how the israel lobby works without being called anti-semitic. She didnt act like a brat. She stated his pst actions and he started squirming and whining talking about this isnt fair and then acted like a child by saying he wasnt going to answer any questions because they werent fair to him boo hoo. I think he sounds more like the child. Lol the part with Israel is very significant hence the more attention on the Israel part. It literally gives businesses the ability to make sure someone is pro israel or else they wont do business with them that goes against the first amendment.

02/14/19 6:28 pm

Yeah....ok. Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. You have a nice night. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

kscott516 Masks fail
02/13/19 6:10 pm

You mean the guy that changed his last name, that was originally Jewish? ๐Ÿค”

voc I am...what I am
02/13/19 5:46 pm

Maybe I should read what she said. All I’ve been reading are headlines.

02/13/19 6:45 pm

Here’s a couple:

“Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel”

In response to a man criticizing her....“Drawing attention to the apartheid Israeli regime is far from hating Jews. You are a hateful sad man, I pray to Allah you get the help you need and find happiness,”

I think there are more but she has turned it around so she is the victim saying “These accusations are without merit. They are rooted in bigotry toward a belief about what Muslims are stereotyped to believe.”

Anyone thinking Israel is apartheid is an outstanding misinformed idiot.

......

voc I am...what I am
02/13/19 8:22 pm

Are those anti Semitic statements though? If so how are they? She’s not saying all Jews yada yada yada. She’s saying Israel.

02/13/19 9:03 pm

Calling the only Jewish country in the world evil? Yes. I take that as anti-Semitism. Calling Israel apartheid? Hmmm, no it isn’t.
Does Israel warrant criticism? Of course. Demolishing the homes of terrorists, for instance. I think is wrong and certainly debatable. It is a truth though. Not an unfounded accusation of “evil”. This little b needs to remember she fled her own Muslim country in fear for her life. No one has to flee Israel in fear of their life, unless they have committed an atrocity. She was given refuge status and then has the unmitigated gall to treat people with contempt as she does. She talks of the evil of Israel when using Israeli inventions and taking full advantage of Israeli innovations. Jews are a protected class but hey, what do you know, Israel isn’t and if you look, you can see the difference between real anti-semitism and legitimate criticism of Israel.
This woman seems to hold much of America in contempt. She’s welcome to return to Somalia.

......

Patricio18
02/14/19 1:10 am

*evil doings of Israel. She didnt call Israel evil. She called some of their actions evil. And so by that logic i cant call out the evil doings of America such as when we lied our way into Iraq twice but ill be anti-American for saying that right ? The first senate bill passed this year was for Israel not the U.S.

02/14/19 3:29 am

Did America lie it’s way into Iraq or is that your assumption? No WMD were found but we know he had them and know he used them, on the kurds.

So is your complaint based on real facts or more of your opinion?

.....

Patricio18
02/14/19 7:08 am

Lol we know he had them but he didnt have them ? We made a false assumption then used that assumption as a pretense to invade their country but okay if you say that we didnt lie in that one then what about the first war under George HW Bush ?

voc I am...what I am
02/14/19 8:53 am

Rt, when someone says they hate Israel (or any country) I wouldn’t take that as them hating Jews. I take that as they hate the government of Israel.

I think this is kinda like the blackface discussion we had. I don’t get why this is anti Semitic.

02/14/19 9:46 am

I would respectfully disagree voc. If a conservative politician had said “Saudi Arabia has hypnotized the world, may G-d awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Saudi Arabia”

They would be called upon to apologize and lose their committee posts.
I mean, Trump had 7 countries on a ban list that were mostly Muslim although I believe North Korea and Venezuela are in it and they are not. Somehow, Trump is an anti-Muslim bigot Muslim ban. Iraq is 95.7 Muslim but it’s not on the list. Afghanistan is 99%. Didn’t make the list. Egypt is 94.7 Muslim but are not on the list. The Comoros are 98.6% Muslim....not on it. 229 million Muslims live in Indonesia. It’s not on the list.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I believe this ban is pointless as we often still allow in students, give them visas and say we vet them. Most of the countries though have simply have collapsed enough that we cannot vet the people.

I truly think it’s anti-Semitism & hypocrisy

..........

02/14/19 10:02 am

Also, as a Jew, you get a sense of what is anti-Semitism and what’s not. I have debated people on here about Israel who I do not think were anti-Semitic at all. They disliked a policy that Israel truly held.....I think it’s refusal to truly admit it has a nuclear program, military arrest and conviction of minors for setting fires and rock throwing (these are more dense and big than what many of us would think as rocks though) without immediate parental notification and demolishing terrorists homes. Those are issues I am willing to debate. Those are real issues some people support and some do not.

She showed her hand calling Israel evil. Israel treats Palestinians suffering from cancer, for instance, for free. Israel is often the first country on the spot for disaster relief. Muslim citizens of Israel can dress, worship, attend college and obtain employment as they want.

I think, respectfully, as you are not Jewish, it’s not something you have really thought about,

.......

02/14/19 10:28 am

Ok, Patricio, let go over this. I’m talking about George W. Yes, we know he had WMD because he used them on his own Kurdish people. Absolutely true. The people in positions to know, the CIA, MI6 and Mossad thought this. The UN condemned Iraq but didn’t authorize an invasion.
Now, sadly....the other reason is that Russia and Iraq are close allies and Russia has a WMD/poison program in Moscow. Iraq said they destroyed their stockpiles. That seems unlikely given its favored Arabic position with Russia.
The fact that the US supplied WMD to Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war, also helped. Inspectors were thwarted from full access of oversight.
Though I think, in hindsight, the invasion wrong, historically, with all the evidence available, I can see how it was used by G W Bush to avenge his father.

............

voc I am...what I am
02/14/19 11:01 am

“As a Jew, you get a sense of what is anti Semitic and what’s not”
I get that, that’s why I’d like help understanding why it is. I guess I still don’t get it.

I’m trying not to play partisan politics. I really don’t understand. Even with trumps ban I think it has more to do with the government than the people (and his bank account, but I think that with any politician), but I’m a bit naive

02/14/19 11:58 am

A country is made up of people and evil country...evil people.

I guess, it’s like me. As a 13 year old I “knew” the US was evil. The people were violent, gun happy, full of misplaced patriotism, arrogant, uncaring, uncouth uneducated people. They treated their minorities like garbage and the cops shot them. The US was a dangerous malevolent place.

Now, are those the words of someone who is anti-USA or someone criticizing its polices in an honest way? In other words, are my words fair or based on prejudice? I think we both know they were based in deep seated and learned prejudice. My country was very unfriendly to the USA much of my life. I learned it. As a Muslim Somali refugee, I suggest she has learned it too. In fact, I think she’s not only anti-Semitic but is somewhat anti-American, which as a person who came to this country, discovered I was not only wrong but that I loved the US, I find that deeply offensive. Does America have issues, yes. Of course. Specific ones.

.....

voc I am...what I am
02/14/19 12:01 pm

Huh. Interesting perspective.

I’ve only seen the world from here. I’ve heard that Iraq and iran were horrible and anti American etc, then I met people from there and that isn’t the case in every situation. Sure it is with some, but not nearly what we are told.

02/14/19 3:17 pm

I think some of Russia’s problems come from left over Cold War issues.

Let’s look at it like this. In Congress, a congressman is not to wear a hat or a head covering. Ilhan Omar said it wasn’t fair because then that prohibited some people from expression of religion, which they did not give up once they entered the senate or the house. I heard many people say, they did not support that at all, under any circumstances. I hear “it isn’t American”, “it doesn’t promote assimilation”, “the rules have been in place since the creation of the government and are sacrosanct”, “it is cultural, not religious as not ever Muslim woman wears a hijab, so no” or my favorite “it’s a security issue” (though how it is a security issue I don’t know). So I’m a Muslim reading that because not all Muslim some of these, what conclusion would most rightly draw? That to say “no, I’m sorry, you can’t wear that in session” was simply anti-Muslim. The “issues” raised were false ones.

..........

Patricio18
02/14/19 3:18 pm

Lol i love how you’re assuming things of her which she hasnt even stated. She’s never said the people of Israel are evil. She said the evil doings of Israel. America has done bad things and im sure she’d call us out on that too like lying into the first Iraq War or rn as we backed Saudi Arabia in Yemen. But of course youd probably deem that anti-American.

02/14/19 4:38 pm

Socialist are you?

Somalia is evil. Ok, now am I saying justly the country or the people? I mean, what makes a flipping country? The people!

Ok, you don’t like Israel. Think her statements are ok I guess lol but I bet you think Trump is some sort Russian controlled anti-Semitic, anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant puppet.

.....

02/14/19 4:40 pm

Tell me, are you from the US? Been out of the US? What age group are you in?Obviously you lean left....socialism?communism?

Just curious

.....

Patricio18
02/14/19 4:47 pm

Lol there you go again. Look what specifically did she say ? Did she say Israel is evil or say israel’s evil doings its pretty simple. Youre trying to conflate it and say she says israel is evil which she did not say. As you yourself quoted and i dont have to be a socialist to see the facts here and being fair and taking her at her words. But im 19 and im born and raised in the U.S. and no i dont believe in this Russia hysteria like everyone else. Yeah they might have meddled or whatever but we stage coups. Like come on we have zero room to talk about meddling in elections. But i do see him as anti-immigrant and all those other things.

Patricio18
02/14/19 8:32 pm

Lol idk maybe i havent really determined my own ideology yet id just say im progressive at the moment

zimmy Florida