PamGH February 13th, 2019 1:49pm

Kamala Harrisโ€™ downfall as a viable democratic contender is going to her horrid history with criminal justice issues.

PeaceKeepaGirl advance democracy
02/13/19 11:20 pm

She could be dangerous despite her poor record. Seems to be a (the?) current favorite of the establishment, and it remains to be seen whether her failures will be thoroughly exposed in debates.

dirkdd
02/13/19 11:29 am

Her downfall will be Misogynistic Republicans. Many people including Democrats are and most don’t even know it. Or won’t admit it to themselves.

snagglepuss Story Time
02/13/19 11:18 am

She’s been groomed by corporate Democrats. That’s my issue with her.

bower8899 ...
02/13/19 3:58 pm

She's one of many opportunists who use the progressive label for their own gain

Diogenes FreeMeBe
02/13/19 9:41 am

If she can’t screw it, she doesn’t give two ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ about it.

Jazzy5 USA
02/13/19 9:28 am

I have no idea. You may be better informed than I am.

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
02/13/19 9:10 am

What history are you referring to?

TomM
02/13/19 8:22 am

I agree it's a problem but don't know if she's really that bad. I think it will depend on someone finding the case and getting the attention of the media.

TierasPet
02/13/19 10:04 am

I agree that it depends on what the media does or doesn't do. I hope it hits her hard. Prosecutors in California are out of control and regularly do the exact same things she's done.

TomM
02/13/19 10:15 am

What is it she has done which was so bad, I really don't know her. Some liberals in CA were complaining about her because she was too tough on crime. To me that would mean she may be a little more middle of the road compared to CA standards. What I wonder about is if she's really cut out to be a politician at that level. All I read about her was how a boyfriend helped her into politics and another helped her to the next step etc. It sounded like she has never been in a tough political fight and now she wants to take on Trump.

TierasPet
02/13/19 10:30 am

www.google.com/amp/s/reason.com/blog/2018/01/09/kamala-harris-went-to-bat-for-dirty-pros/amp

This is a rather informative article. Governor Brown ran a campaign as a tough on crime Democrat. However, that stance resulted in overcrowded prisons and a federal mandate to build more or release some of the people currently in them.

The state has since instituted various laws attempting to reduce the prison population without increasing danger to the public. Those could be successful if they were being implemented. However, the people who have a opposed those bills are also the ones in a position to enforce them.

California is definitely very liberal but The crime bills are actually something I support because many of those people don't belong in prisons. Study after study shows there are other programs that work for nonviolent offenders.

TierasPet
02/13/19 10:33 am

I am an independent and I absolutely do not believe she should be elected. As to her boyfriends, I haven't read much about that and I don't care. I do care that she has used the legal system to benefit herself at the expense of people who did not deserve the punishments they got.

TomM
02/13/19 11:22 am

Thanks. Personally I don't care about her boyfriends either. But I do care if she got to the job because she was helped in, rather than fight for it. To be the president you need to be tough in my opinion.

TierasPet
02/13/19 12:26 pm

I agree. I don't think she wouldn't be tough. I do think she's proven herself to be willing to do whatever it takes to benefit herself though, no matter who is harmed in the process, and I don't like that quality in any leader.

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
02/13/19 8:13 am

Don’t underestimate the power of identity politics and putting your fingers in your ears and humming

UniversePlan Michigan
02/13/19 7:18 am

This user is currently being ignored

TomM
02/13/19 8:23 am

Do you have a preferred candidate.