TopsQueen March 28th, 2013 4:50pm

Have you ever put actions where your heart is politically speaking i.e. boycotting polling for somebody or anything like that?

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
03/30/13 4:22 pm

I always argued with a teacher I had in fifth grade. She was insanely environmentalist and also gave out tons of busy work. One day she gave us a fill-in-the-blank poem (really?!), so where it said "I would get rid of___" I put "recycling and teachers' unions".

Diogenes FreeMeBe
03/30/13 1:53 pm

I contact my representatives, try to keep up with current bills, and proudly display my Independent colors damnit! ????

Young Republican for Reagan in high school. After he got shot, America did a serious nose dive.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
03/29/13 1:09 am

I take several hours out of one weekend every month to go down to the state Capitol and open carry at monthly gun rights rallies.

Happy Hong Kong
03/28/13 10:59 pm

Yes, but I was young, stupid & idealistic.

Now I don't care as long as they leave me alone.

Rosebud Ohio
03/28/13 8:53 pm

Oh! Also helped circulate petitions, including on healthcare and closing puppy mills/making them illegal in Ohio. Been to a few protests too. I can at least honestly say I've tried.

thelowend imitation is flattery
03/28/13 5:12 pm

dumped a good amount of money into nader's two campaigns and got very involved in his second campaign locally. world needs more men like him.

Happy Hong Kong
03/28/13 10:59 pm

Did W send you a gift basket?

Rosebud Ohio
03/28/13 3:07 pm

Yes, I have. We don't buy nestle products, went a bit without Pepsi until they reformed one of their policies (which was sad, i love a lot of their products!). Also don't patron certain local stores that are stupid level anti gun. I don't care if you don't want guns in your store, but act right.

Wink
03/28/13 3:40 pm

Curious about the Nestlé and Pepsi products!

Rosebud Ohio
03/28/13 8:49 pm

Wink- nestle loves handing out formula to women in third world countries until they are dependent and no longer able to breastfeed, then charging them, leading babies to starve to death and die of disease (unsafe water).
Pepsi did business with a controversial company that used an aborted fetal line

Rosebud Ohio
03/28/13 8:50 pm

in testing different flavor options and products. Problems since been resolved, but it's not the kind of thing I'll support (if I know about it, at least. Can't do anything about what I don't know!).

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
03/28/13 11:18 am

My youngest son's friends drive me crazy, I think they're called hipsters, they complain and complain and complain about the government but they don't even as much as a vote let alone take political action. My daughters ex hated the government but had his hands out for everything he could get.

Rosebud Ohio
03/28/13 3:08 pm

I can't stand that! Either shut up, or love by your beliefs. If you don't stand for something...

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
03/28/13 10:42 am

With all of huha over Starbucks we are going to go there today and get coffee. We usually don't go there but right now we are!!!!

Rosebud Ohio
03/28/13 3:05 pm

I don't care for their coffee at all. And they burn tea.... But I also don't see it as a support for a belief system. The guy was kinda a huge jerk, which I don't support. Think the same way I do, or I don't want your business! Go away! Yea.... Even holding the same beliefs, makes me not want to go.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
03/28/13 10:39 am

They listen more to people who do than people who talk.

droo Santa Barbara
03/28/13 10:05 am

I boycotted the evil teacher and his evil schemes to brainwash us everyday in 3rd grade by crawling under my desk and refusing to do my work. I guess you could say I was some kind of hero. :)

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
03/28/13 10:50 am

Door what did your mom say. Too funny. In the fourth grade my son refused to sign the bill rights because kids do not have enough rights. His teacher said she would call me so he signed it I told him he should not of signed if you don't sign which you don't believe it.

Jeninerd Hoth, AK
03/28/13 9:58 am

I did campaigning in the 2008 election (I was too young to vote so I got my butt out there).

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
03/28/13 10:04 am

I campaigned in 1968. At 18 I was too young to vote. I'm very proud of you for being active that's very good.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
03/28/13 9:51 am

I campaigned for the president of United States and I boycotted grapes.

Wink
03/28/13 3:39 pm

Curious about the grapes...

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
03/28/13 4:11 pm

That was a long time ago wasto support farmworkers union we boycotted Safeway and places like that was even on a picket line.