KellyDimples February 12th, 2019 10:24pm

Which is better for the country - a Democrat president with a Republican-controlled Congress, or a Republican president with a Democrat-controlled Congress?

Jazzy5 USA
02/13/19 10:11 am

When we had a D President, we had Executive decisions coming out our ears.

GlockMan1 Alabama
02/12/19 4:54 pm

Presidents and Congressional representatives come and go but the Supreme Court and Federal Judges appointed by a President affect us for 30 to 40 years.

Cooper831 Wisconsin
02/12/19 5:11 pm

Good point

KellyDimples NJ
02/12/19 5:31 pm

Excellent point, I hadn't considered that.

ozzy
02/12/19 4:37 pm

I don’t know where they are teaching this bull about divided government. Party is one thing, but all congressmen should put country first. Obama hot everything they wanted with a republican congress. They caved on everything. When the dems have just one extra person on their side they viciously fight. We see that with unprecedented slow walking of judges by Schumer, the gridlock on committees and the total commitment to party first. The republicans just don’t do that. They barely hold the house and senate but paralyze trump. But I guess I’d rather have them get nothing done than get bad stuff done - so, R pres and D Congress.

zimmy Florida
02/12/19 3:32 pm

Wow, that is a really great question! I actually like both, I like divided government, I hate when one party has all, it creates radicalism. I guess I would prefer Democratic President, and GOP Congress as we have seen with the last three Presidents the executive has much more power.

KellyDimples NJ
02/12/19 3:53 pm

That has been a huge mistake of those Congresses to cede their power to the executive.

KellyDimples NJ
02/12/19 3:55 pm

I think Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich are a great example of how it could and should work.

zimmy Florida
02/12/19 4:09 pm

Agree on both points Kelly! 👍

omniku dot com
02/12/19 4:55 pm

Agree on all points. Although it’s sad that Clinton/Gingrich is now considered the high water mark.

zimmy Florida