cowboy February 12th, 2019 10:20pm

IL Democrats, along with the ACLU of IL and Planned Parenthood of IL, want to repeal a bill requiring children to notify their parents of the murder of an unborn child, remove the ban on partial birth murder and remove regulations on child murder.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
02/13/19 7:31 pm

Cowboy, in all sincerity, as a guy and not of age myself, I am unsure of what I think about this.

If your daughter became pregnant, let’s say from rape, she’s embarrassed and just wants it to be over, how would you react? What would you, as a father, want done. I know you have kids but I don’t know if they were boys or girls so if you don’t have girls, just use your imagination I guess.

I’m serious. As a parent, what would you as a parent, want done?

...

02/13/19 7:58 pm

I don’t want to imagine my daughter being raped, thank you.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
02/13/19 8:00 pm

Sorry, I asked it wrong. My apologies

02/13/19 1:26 pm

It depends on the situation. If it was rape, statutory rape, or molestation, the cops need to be notified. It’s still up to the female if she wants to get an abortion. Her parents have no say.

02/13/19 2:12 pm

I’m going to guess that you don’t have any children.

02/13/19 2:30 pm

No. Unfortunately, we can’t have kids. But I wouldn’t force her to have a baby if she didn’t want to. I don’t think teen pregnancies are a good idea. My mom has me when she was barely 16. I got lucky and was raised by my grandparents. I’d hate to know what my life would’ve been like if my biological mother raised me.

02/13/19 2:36 pm

That’s what I figured.

Under this insane bill, parents wouldn’t even know about it. As a father of a little girl, the Government scrapping out her insides, without my knowledge, is absolutely terrifying.

02/13/19 3:01 pm

It’s her body and her choice. She’s going through enough without a judgmental parent trying to force her to change her mind.

02/13/19 3:11 pm

Lol. “Judgmental parent”.

It’s my job to be judgmental but you wouldn’t know anything about parenting so I can understand your ignorance on this subject.

02/13/19 3:50 pm

I’ve had our nieces stay with us for an extended period of time. Their mom took them back only because she didn’t want to lose her welfare and child support. I’ve been a better parent to many kids than their biological parents have. I completely understand. I would hope that my child would share with me what they’re going through.

02/13/19 3:54 pm

You weren’t a good parent if you let them do whatever they wanted when they wanted.

02/13/19 3:58 pm

I didn’t let them do whatever they wanted when they wanted. I guided their choices. I taught them along the way. I didn’t choose their every move. I kept them from harm. I supported them.

02/13/19 4:00 pm

In other words, you were a judgmental parent. Good for you! 👏🏻

02/13/19 4:02 pm

No. I didn’t judge them.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
02/13/19 7:33 pm

My parents say, absolutely not. They want to know. Whatever the circumstances of the pregnancy, they would deal with it with her. They, too, are horrified.

......

02/13/19 7:39 pm

There are too many parents that would make the situation worse. As well as those that couldn’t be bothered.

02/13/19 7:56 pm

Any parent would be horrified.

02/14/19 2:39 am

I guarantee not any parent. I’ve known too many that couldn’t be bothered with their kids. They wouldn’t even get up to see their elementary school kids off to school, make them breakfast, make sure they’re properly dressed. I’ve known ones that went to a casino when their electricity was shut off in the middle of winter. Ones that were more concerned about getting high than knowing what was going on at their kids’ school. So I know there are parents that wouldn’t be bothered either way if their kid got an abortion. And some would even be happy that they didn’t have a grandkid to deal with.

02/14/19 2:46 am

Just because there are some bad parents out there we, as a society, shouldn’t allow the Government to keep the majority of good parents from knowing if their children murder a baby. That’s insane.

02/14/19 5:11 am

If a female is pregnant, her parents will either know she is or not. If they know, then the relationship should be there to openly discuss all of the options. I would hope that the parents (from either side) wouldn’t pressure her into a decision she doesn’t want to make. If the relationship, isn’t there where she feels comfortable going to her parents, then she needs to be able to make the decision without fear of interference from her parents.

02/14/19 5:14 am

Wrong. The Government allowing a child to murder a child without parental consent is insane.

02/14/19 5:32 am

Not everyone considers this murder. The parents forcing a child to have a child is insane. Her body isn’t ready for it. Not to mention the emotional and mental toll it would be if she didn’t want to have the baby and is only having it because her parents are too selfish and close-minded to allow her to fully consider all of her options.

02/14/19 5:35 am

You have to be an actual parent to understand the full gravity of the Government allowing children to murder children without parental consent. Like I said from the beginning, I understand your ignorance on this subject but that doesn’t excuse it. If you’re not a parent, you really shouldn’t have any say about it.

02/14/19 5:41 am

Here’s the thing. I considered my my nieces as my children. We even went to the point of starting the adoption process. They were going to be our daughters. That’s when my sister-in-law changed her mind only because she was going to lose money. Not because she truly wanted them back.

It is her body and her choice. Her parents have no say in if and when she chooses to have children. Something has to be done so that she can make that choice without being forced into a decision by her parents. It’s no different than these anti-vaccination parents. The child needs to be able to make that choice when the parent drops the ball.

02/14/19 5:43 am

You’re still not a parent and shouldn’t have any say in the Government allowing children to murder children.

02/14/19 5:45 am

You’re not the pregnant female and should have no say in what a pregnant female chooses to do with her body.

02/14/19 5:48 am

Lol. I’m more qualified to make that decision than you are.

02/14/19 5:54 am

I’m a parent. You’re not.

02/14/19 5:56 am

I’m referring to my last statement. No one should be able to force a female to carry a pregnancy if she doesn’t want to.

02/14/19 5:59 am

Females, without children, shouldn’t bully fathers of little girls into allowing the Government to murder their children without their consent.

02/14/19 6:02 am

You’re the one trying to bully others into taking away choices. It’s her choice. Not yours. Are you so afraid that she would make a choice you don’t agree with? Are you so afraid that she couldn’t come to you if that’s what she chose was best for her at that stage in her life?

02/14/19 6:04 am

Stop forcing your insane child murdering beliefs onto everyone. You’re not even a parent. You have no say here.

02/14/19 6:05 am

It’s a human life, not a choice, you heartless creature.

02/14/19 6:13 am

So let me get this straight. A child who, chooses to have unprotected sex with some loser that doesn’t want to marry her, gets pregnant. A pregnant child, who has already proven to make horrible choices, has the capacity to make another horrible choice to murder her unborn child in a tax payer funded baby murdering factory without the tax paying parent’s’ knowledge. That is insane.

02/14/19 6:16 am

Marriage isn’t always the solution. Why force two people into a relationship they don’t want? I would rather tax money go to an abortion than 18 years of welfare for a child that wasn’t wanted.

02/14/19 6:19 am

You think your mom and dad abandoning you have anything to do with your mental state today?

02/14/19 6:21 am

My biological parents didn’t abandon me. My mom had me when she was way too young to take care of me. She couldn’t take care of herself. So my grandparents raised me. I had an absolutely wonderful childhood.

02/14/19 6:23 am

I would take an educated guess and say yes. Especially the daddy issues. Poor thing.

02/14/19 6:26 am

No daddy issues. My grandpa is a wonderful man. He stepped up when my biological dad wouldn’t. I admit that I never knew my bio dad more than meeting him a few times. But, like I said, I had a wonderful childhood. My grandparents supported me and were always there for me. I had everything I ever wanted and needed. My grandpa lives with us now.

02/14/19 6:31 am

Then why do you think the Government should make decisions for children and not their fathers?

02/14/19 6:40 am

I think the child should be able to make this decision for themselves. The government isn’t making the decision. It’s just allowing the pregnant female to make that decision for herself. This doesn’t apply to those that have a good, supportive relationship with their parents. It’s for those that don’t.

02/14/19 6:43 am

You don’t think I should have any say in my child’s decisions. Why is that?

02/14/19 6:45 am

You can have a say. Just not the final say.

02/14/19 6:47 am

I know that already. Why do you think I shouldn’t have a say in my child’s decisions?

02/14/19 6:54 am

I never said you shouldn’t have a say. Like I’ve said before, this is for those that don’t have good relationships with their parents. Are you so defensive because you don’t feel like your daughter would come to you if she were in this situation?

02/14/19 6:56 am

And now you’re a liar.

“Her parents have no say.”

02/14/19 7:03 am

Okay fine. That was my gut reaction to people trying to force their opinions on other people’s bodies. You can have a say, but the final decision is hers.

02/14/19 7:12 am

I already know your gut reaction is to allow the Government more parental rights than me. Care to tell me why?

02/14/19 7:14 am

No. It’s not giving them more parental rights. It’s giving the pregnant female the right to choose what she does with her body. Sometimes kids need to be protected from their parents.

02/14/19 7:17 am

I didn’t think so but I thought I would try and understand your pure ignorance.

02/14/19 7:18 am

I’m trying to understand your selfish arrogance.

02/14/19 7:20 am

If you knew anything about being a parent, you wouldn’t call parents selfish, but that is just your ignorance showing.

02/14/19 7:56 am

Not all parents are selfish. But I’ve seen many that are. Many that care about their own needs rather than their child(ren)’s needs. A truly good parent is selfless. There are many of those. Unfortunately, not all. Laws like this are there for the kids with parents that suck — not for the supportive ones.

02/14/19 8:02 am

Your gut reaction is to hand over parental rights to the Government and you won’t say why. Until we can get to the root of your issue, we won’t make any progress here.

02/14/19 8:07 am

I just stated why. Not all children are being raised by good parents/guardians. I’m not turning the rights over to the government. I’m giving the child more rights.

02/14/19 8:10 am

You mean you’re taking away parental rights and giving them to the Government.

02/14/19 11:28 am

No. The government isn’t deciding. The pregnant female is deciding.

02/14/19 11:30 am

Yes. You’re taking away parental rights and giving them to the Government.

02/14/19 12:14 pm

How is that taking away parental rights and giving them to the government? The government isn’t deciding for the pregnant female. She’s deciding for herself.

02/14/19 12:15 pm

The Government is deciding for the child. Not the parents. That is how.

02/14/19 12:25 pm

Who will be paying for the child to murder another child?

Jazzy5 USA
02/13/19 10:47 am

How did we get to this point????? instead of protecting our children, we pass laws, that makes it possible to harm them! Who does this?

02/13/19 11:27 am

Soulless evil creatures.

JudicialJedi321 This is How Liberty Dies
02/12/19 5:11 pm

Evil, murderous , despicable, inhumane.
No words to describe this unacceptable breach of human rights.

FriendlyGuy Erected
02/12/19 3:41 pm

Well women’s rights are more important than a baby’s right to live today... It’s gonna be a long infanticidal life ahead for America...

02/12/19 3:38 pm

They didn’t have the guts to come out and say they support murdering new born babies like the Governor of Virginia did, but loosening the regulations on baby murderers pretty much encourages infanticide.

Quinnipiac Here
02/12/19 3:34 pm

How long until it comes to violent conflict, if the rate of escalation continues like it has been?