raidadave February 12th, 2019 7:18pm

President Trump just called for Congresswoman Omar to resign based upon an antisemitic tweet.

shygal47 Florida east coast
02/12/19 4:10 pm

He should listen to himself sometime.

DTFTW DST suks
02/12/19 3:49 pm

She needs to resign for a lot of other reasons too. We don't need Congress people MARRIED to their BROTHER.

diest
02/12/19 4:55 pm

LOL. Then half the confederate southerners should go . LOL. Hahahahah.

diest
02/12/19 4:56 pm

Y’all ,

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
02/12/19 3:49 pm

If a white Christian man said with that bigot said they would be out to resigne. Female Muslim apparently does not have to pay the price

02/12/19 11:34 pm

Really?!?! So trump resigned?

TwinJefe Pacific Northwest
02/15/19 8:30 pm

With all due respect... when speaking to a Jewish group in 2015 Trump said “You’re not going to support me because I don’t want your money. You want to control your politicians, that’s fine.” Which is almost verbatim what Rep. Omar tweeted. To me it seems like both were inappropriate statements.

Not to mention when he defended white supremacists in Charlottesville who were chanting “Jews will not replace us.”

And he moved the US embassy to Jerusalem to please evangelical Christians, it wasn’t because he cares about Jewish people or Israel.

apparition Tacoma
02/12/19 3:20 pm

It’s just politics as usual.

FriendlyGuy Erected
02/12/19 1:27 pm

Well she technically went after all Jews and she has a past of anti-Semitism... And it would be nice to get a radical out of office... But with today’s standard, we just can’t kick out a Muslim from office without major backlash... So she probably won’t resign...

lj74
02/12/19 2:51 pm

She can be removed from office

TheMargrave Traveling
02/12/19 1:06 pm

I tend to agree with Trump more, but Omar is right in this case. “Israel first” is becoming a problem.

diest
02/12/19 4:57 pm

Amen

handsyjo
02/12/19 12:43 pm

I get it. People have called on him to resign multiple times for insensitive remarks, it's only fair. It's also only fair that she does jack shit about it, just as he has.

lj74
02/12/19 2:52 pm

Lol!!! That makes sense-not.

Robert01 existentialist
02/12/19 12:36 pm

Not quite sure how it would be hypocritical, but even if it was, that doesnt change the situation any...

02/12/19 12:40 pm

True. Two wrongs dont make a right.

Jazzy5 USA
02/12/19 12:35 pm

No one believes her apology, she has said this in the past!

TheMusicMan Community not Capital
02/12/19 12:20 pm

What anti-Semitic tweet? I don't even think she's aware that she allegedly posted one.

mitchman399 Oregon
02/12/19 12:26 pm

She's publicly apologized for it. The tweet basically had to do with Israel tricking the world and being evil.

02/12/19 12:49 pm

I am pretty sure she was aware. I am quick to jump all over trump when he makes tweets and comments that are similar. It is not ok for Trump and is not ok for Omar, or anyone else that thinks they need to step out there. Sure, we have freedom of speech, but that does not mean there are not consequences for free speech. You can say what you want, but then others also have the right to react to what you just said. That is the way it is.

TheMusicMan Community not Capital
02/12/19 1:14 pm

Except what she said wasn't anti-Semitic. Nobody else is bringing the issue to light - Israel is buying our politicians and slowly making it illegal to speak out against their government and the active corruption. It's not anti-Semitic to call bullsh*t on corruption. That's the difference between her and Trump tweeting.

mitchman399 Oregon
02/12/19 2:10 pm

It's not having issues with pro-Israel lobbyist that caused her to have controversy. It's the way she phrased the tweet. It didn't exactly paint a great picture of the Jewish people. She's already said what she tweeted was wrong, but still stands by the anti corruption message she was trying to convey.

DTFTW DST suks
02/12/19 3:50 pm

I live in her State she says crap like that all the time.

02/12/19 12:19 pm

This comes days after the "Trail of Tears" reference in a tweet the president sent out a couple of days ago.

Robert01 existentialist
02/12/19 12:36 pm

K? Could you please explain the connection...

02/12/19 12:41 pm

Do you know what the trail of tears is in reference to? His tweet pissed me off just as much as hers did.

Robert01 existentialist
02/12/19 12:50 pm

Enlighten me.

Robert01 existentialist
02/12/19 12:57 pm

Good great now what did Mr.T say (tweet)
Or how long ago was it.

02/12/19 12:59 pm

Both insensitive statements. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Robert01 existentialist
02/12/19 1:05 pm

I am not for sure that the Tweet was even about the Trail of Tears. Unless I have found the wrong Donald Trump insensitive tweet that's there is a cacophony of them.

And yes two wrongs don't make a right that was basically my post above.

But I'm still not quite sure in this instance that Trump has done anything wrong.

Robert01 existentialist
02/12/19 1:17 pm

Could you be as kind to quote or site the tweet please.

Ebola007 Florida
02/12/19 1:58 pm

The tweet wasn’t about the trail of tears and raid knows it.

02/12/19 3:54 pm

I saw headlines claiming it was, but wasn’t interested enough to look. What DID the tweet say?

02/12/19 10:48 pm

Take your pick of stories.

www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-att-us&source=android-browser&q=trail+of+tears+tweet#scso=_jK5jXL2wEr280PEPiNCd-AU5:619

Here is what the tweet said:

Today Elizabeth Warren, sometimes referred to by me as Pocahontas, joined the race for President. Will she run as our first Native American presidential candidate, or has she decided that after 32 years, this is not playing so well anymore? See you on the campaign TRAIL, Liz!

02/12/19 10:55 pm

He was making fun of her bald-faced lying that she is Native American, and reminding her what she will face as they debate, when he will rub it in that she, whose party makes a big deal out of racial appropriation, has been guilty of it herself! Dems make a big deal out of it if Republicans dress us as cowboys and Indians on Halloween, or if Christian boys do a Tomahawk chop, but she has done even worse, trying to pass herself off as Native American to get benefits that only they should get.

02/12/19 10:56 pm

You really aren't that naive are you?

02/12/19 10:58 pm

About what? Are you denying that she has tried to pass herself off as Native American? My kids have actual Native American blood in them, probably a good bit more than she does, but we’re not passing them off as Native American or trying to get benefits that should only go to those with a high percentage of NA blood!

02/12/19 11:00 pm

I am saying that you are naive by saying that the tweet was not referencing the Trail of Tears. It blatantly was and was confirmed by Jr himself.

02/12/19 11:01 pm

And what benefit was she trying to get? Show me some proof that isn't on a far right conspiracy website.

02/12/19 11:02 pm

Do you have a link to an article where Don Jr. confirmed it?

02/12/19 11:03 pm

Something reputable, not something that has google in the name of it.

02/12/19 11:13 pm

Many believe that she used her status to be hired by universities that were looking to diversify their staff.

02/12/19 11:13 pm

LMAO!! The Google machine gives you a listing of the stories related to the words that you typed into the search engine. That is how it works. What I posted was a link to the list of stories related to the tweet. How is that not reputable?

02/12/19 11:15 pm

Many believe = right wing conspiracy sites.

And I imagine that you still think that Obama was born in Kenya as well. LMAO!!

02/12/19 11:15 pm

I wanted you to send me one article that you had actually READ, not just a google list of articles. I could’ve done that myself (although I don’t use Google as my search engine, due to their liberal bias).

Have you read one article that says that Don Jr admits it?

02/12/19 11:18 pm

Try reading this article, and you’ll see why this has deeply offended Native Americans:

www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-dna-test.html

...

02/12/19 11:26 pm

Notice that those say APPEARS to. That means they can’t say definitively that’s what he was doing. But we KNOW that she has DEFINITELY claimed that she is NA, even when she filed to run for President, even though it would be 6-8 generations ago that they would have to go back to find any. Like I said, my FIL was a good bit NA, and even had a red skin tone, but we’ve never tried to claim that our kids or my hubby are NA to get benefits, or be seen in a different light.

And like that article states, her claim has DEEPLY offended Native Americans.

02/12/19 11:27 pm

And you sent an OPINION piece?! Lol Why is it that when I do that, y’all make fun of it, but it’s ok for liberals to use opinion pieces. Again, this is just OPINIONS and biased ones at that.

02/12/19 11:28 pm

Oh, right now, I’m using Duck Duck Go. I’ve used Bing in the past as well. And there have been a lot of articles about Google being biased liberally, as well as FB, and other companies.

02/12/19 11:31 pm

I can't believe that you are really trying to defend him on this

02/12/19 11:33 pm

WSJ has a right wing bias. Next.

And the opinion piece wasn't the only link I posted.

02/12/19 11:34 pm

It’s not so much a defense of him as it is trying to help you see that what she has done has highly offended Native Americans. Y’all are always saying that Trump deserves the backlash he gets. Well so does SHE, but y’all never want to take that into account when it is a liberal that does or says stupid things.

02/12/19 11:34 pm

All of them literally had “APPEARS to be” or opinion in the name of the link!

02/12/19 11:37 pm

Keep telling yourself that. You are trying to defend him. His intent on the tweet was quite obvious.

02/12/19 11:38 pm

The intent wasn't lost on this guy:

"The Native American genocide continued with another murder by the president," tweeted the appropriately nicknamed right-wing media figure, Michael Malice.

02/12/19 11:38 pm

And ONLY the WSJ’s editorial pages lean conservative. The rest of the paper is one of the most balanced in the US. And in fact, the WSJ is the ONLY news media that is trusted across all ideologies:

www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-most-and-least-trusted-news-outlets-in-america-2014-10

...

02/12/19 11:40 pm

Are you seriously saying that Trump’s tweet MURDERED someone? That’s RIDICULOUS! So you don’t really care that Elizabeth Warren has deeply offended Native American’s with her claims?

02/12/19 11:45 pm

Media bias chart:

www.adfontesmedia.com

I get most of my news from The Hill and Politico. One leans left and one leans right. Both are trusted sites.

02/12/19 11:50 pm

I didn't say that. Michael Malice said it. And he wasn't saying that his tweet literally murdered anyone. He was playing along with the tastelessness.

I never said I thought that Elizaveth Warren was right. I did say that trump was off base for using the Trail of Tears to disparage her was in very poor taste. This whole poll was about his tweet compared to Congresswoman Omar's tweet. Both were in very poor taste. That is the point. By deflecting, you are in effect condoning trump's tweet.

02/12/19 11:55 pm

And yet you’re unwilling to read something from the MOST trusted site by ALL demographics?!

If that is what he meant, I agree that it was in poor taste, but even all of your articles from liberal sites say that he APPEARED to be saying that.

02/12/19 11:58 pm

I read it, and many others that said the same thing. But like I said, the poll was not about that topic. You diverted, claim all are opinions, and in effect condone geonocide jokes. How very Christian of you.

02/13/19 12:18 am

The genocide I’m more concerned about is the million babies (many of whom are black) that are murdered in this nation EVERY YEAR, not some mention of something that happened long before I was born.

I don’t even remember what this poll was about (I can’t see the question in the comment section because I’m on an iPad). At any rate, I’ve got to get to bed soon. Have a good night.

02/13/19 1:03 am

So now we are going to get into an abortion discussion. Lol. Save that for a different poll and stay on topic.

Do you mean to tell me that you have never heard of the trail of tears?

02/13/19 1:08 am

Of course I’ve heard of The Trail of Tears. But I consider abortion to be even worse than that was, as it’s killing millions of innocent babies, and is eugenics, in that it’s killing more black babies than are born alive.

02/13/19 1:08 am

Like I said, I’ve got to go to bed. Good night!

Robert01 existentialist
02/13/19 5:39 am

'See you on the campaign TRAIL '

I see that you brought up the tweet I thought you were talking about. You cant possibly be saying that.... is it.