chairsbed February 12th, 2019 4:12am

In a genuine attempt to understand trump supporters, what has he done that makes him on par with Regan, or the best recent president as some have said. I don’t want to see the WH.gov list, I want to know what you like, please be specific

suppressedID keep Summer safe
02/12/19 10:41 am

He brought us “closer” to Russia. 🤣

Da, Komrade?

lj74
02/12/19 7:38 am

These are much different times then when Reagan was in office. The last 25 years have seen an erosion of our principles by the left and a need to right the boat.

asia
02/11/19 11:42 pm

Not a fan...he's done nothing but increase my taxes and made the US the brunt of the jokes in the world community.

lj74
02/12/19 7:41 am

I don’t know about YOUR taxes, but he’s helped mine. And about us being a laughing stock around the world, that’s pure BS. I travel worldwide and live parttime overseas, and compared to Obama, Trump has done a lot to get our respect back. Obama is considered a joke.

TwinJefe Pacific Northwest
02/13/19 12:19 am

That’s weird... I travel a lot and found the exact opposite to be true. Trump is seen as a joke everywhere we go, and now even our allies are breaking with us.

chairsbed
02/11/19 9:55 pm

Let’s touch in a few of those what has he done for the average working man, and what regulations has he reduced that you are in favor of?

And do you have evidence of rising wages?

chairsbed
02/11/19 9:56 pm

Sorry, supposed to be a reply

thedman Free Kyle Rittenhouse
02/11/19 9:39 pm

Pulling troops out of the Middle East, doing wonders for the economy, tapping into the average American’s need to be heard by their politicians and not told what they need by Washington elites, reducing strangling regulations, lowering unemployment and raising wages, putting Americans before some globalist agenda. I still personally say Reagan because his rhetoric perfectly articulated how I feel, trumps rhetoric is far more memetic/comedic, and that has value but I still prefer presidential as I’m sure most people do. The closest he got to that imo was the recent SOTU speech

chairsbed
02/11/19 9:56 pm

And do you have evidence of rising wages?

thedman Free Kyle Rittenhouse
02/12/19 1:16 am

And by removing regulations or cutting taxes on businesses he has 1. Helped small business owners and 2. Helped employ more workers at higher wages resulting in big payoffs for the average working man. That’s also evidenced by the extremely low unemployment numbers (and with low unemployment and low immigration you expect to and do see rising wages for low skilled labor). That leads into the immigration discussion which is another area I, and many other Americans, support him strongly

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
02/11/19 9:17 pm

I mean Reagan is not exactly a hard mark to beat, not that Trump has managed to do so

chairsbed
02/11/19 9:27 pm

Agreed, more parroting some of the ‘successes’ and no offense intended, you are not the target audience.

Btw I always enjoy your take on socialism or at least your take on what people perceive as socialism

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage