voc February 11th, 2019 1:55am

inspired by attached article - Are germs real?

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
02/11/19 9:05 pm

Descartes: “I think, therefore I am” 🧐

Pete Hegseth: I ignorant, therefore germs not real 🙈

snagglepuss Story Time
02/11/19 8:49 am

I never like Jedediah on The View and now it seems she found her calling, a ditzy broad in between two old dudes. Gross!

MoOoOoOse A Demagogic Country
02/11/19 1:20 am

Germs are real, I remember the one time when I got cooties from girls. Very scary

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
02/10/19 10:53 pm

Especially boy germs.

Ebola007 Florida
02/10/19 9:11 pm

He was obviously joking.

OTOH studies suggest that we keep our children too clean which accounts for the increase in allergies to such things as peanuts, etc.

voc I am...what I am
02/10/19 9:45 pm

Obviously? Remember, there’s people who believe the earth is flat. I definitely wouldn’t say that’s obvious in this day and age. The probability is very high he was joking, but it’s not obvious.

rons WOKE is sick
02/11/19 7:17 am

He was serious. When he showers he shampoos with his feet. The army career can make you weird.

susanr Colorado
02/10/19 8:45 pm

I still can’t believe this isn’t from The Onion.

He *could* see “germs” (bacteria, anyway) (with some help) if he used a microscope. He *could* grow them in Petri dishes.

If he doesn’t think they’re real, what does he think he’s making himself immune *from* and what is he inoculating himself *with*?

A little science education is a good thing. For everyone.

susanr Colorado
02/10/19 8:57 pm

If you see my comment as ending with “For,” the word “everyone” was supposed to follow it.

Wow. Is the long- comment truncation error getting worse? That comment had something like 635 characters left. You didn’t need to throw in the extra Return and single period until it got down to about 550, before. Cripes.

voc I am...what I am
02/10/19 9:06 pm

I can see the everyone

MrMilkdud
02/10/19 9:13 pm

If you watch the whole clip it’s pretty clear he’s trying to be funny by saying something absurd.
wokesloth.com/fox-host-says-he-hasnt-washed-his-hands-in-10-years-because-germs-are-not-a-real-thing/stefan/

I’ve noticed that bug more on short comments as well. Weird how things still tend to fall apart when something like computer code should be pretty stable.

rons WOKE is sick
02/11/19 7:18 am

I knew Vermonters that rarely washed any part of their body.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
02/11/19 9:13 pm

Lol. I haven’t seen any good software lately, therefore good software doesn’t exist. 🤓

susanr Colorado
02/11/19 9:38 pm

MrMilk - OK, I’ll believe that he was joking. Thanks.

susanr Colorado
02/11/19 9:45 pm

voc - The thing about the long-comment truncation bug is that a comment may appear differently on different screens. I’ve compared how they look my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone SE, and it can be different between them. And other users may say they see something else entirely. I imagine it has to do with screen size & shape. Sometimes I see the entire comment on one device but it’s truncated on the other. Sometimes it’s truncated on both, in the same *or* different places. Sometimes turning to the other orientation restores the truncated part; sometimes it doesn’t.

It’s pretty annoying when different users may be seeing different things. Especially if the entire last line is wiped out, and it was a link to something, or a sentence that makes it clear the user was being sarcastic or joking in what they’re written before that.

Grr. And I agree, MrMilk, that it doesn’t make sense that the point of truncation seems to be changing.

rons WOKE is sick
02/12/19 6:03 am

Washing hands! Latest I read is to use soap. Doesn’t matter if it’s hot or cold water. Lather for 10 seconds and rinse for 10 seconds. Best practice.

paranoidandroid peace love science
02/10/19 8:14 pm

(article also confirmed the existence of a complete moron... not that they’re hard to spot anymore)

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
02/10/19 7:44 pm

Genuine question- do you think he was being literal? Or do you think he was joking around with colleagues during a break and this is clickbait from “rawstory” bc it involved Fox News?

Wert A picture of my junk
02/10/19 7:59 pm

Knowing that Fox News Channel hires far too many halfwits and complete idiots, I’d say he was likely being literal.

voc I am...what I am
02/10/19 8:05 pm

You can google it. There’s other places reporting it.

I have a feeling he’s joking.

Wert A picture of my junk
02/10/19 8:20 pm

More on him.
“On June 14, 2015, Hegseth threw an axe which struck and injured a member of the West Point Hellcats. During a live broadcast on Fox & Friends, the co-host threw a double-bit lumberjack axe that overshot the wooden target, and hit drummer SFC Jeff Prosperie across his right elbow. The axe head hit broadside on the arm such that Prosperie narrowly missed significant injury, but he did sustain minor cuts across the wrist as the axe tumbled after the initial impact. Coordination of the event and broadcast between the West Point Band and Fox assured that there would be no axe throwing while the service members were performing behind the target.”

mistah Happy Happy Joy Joy
02/10/19 7:38 pm

I know of someone on SoH that would probably agree with him.

cpaswr just say the letters
02/10/19 7:28 pm

He can’t see gravity. I wonder why he hasn’t floated away.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
02/11/19 9:09 pm

He’s too dense. 🤣

Wert A picture of my junk
02/10/19 7:23 pm

He can’t see air, either. Why hasn’t he suffocated, yet?