mjrush February 8th, 2019 7:11pm

From Ocasio-Cortex: "92 percent of Democrats and 64 percent of Republicans support the Green New Deal according to latest polls". Which is strange considering no one knows all the specifics. Do you support the Green New Deal?

rons WOKE is sick
02/09/19 8:17 am

Things just rattle around in her head.

buffaloman Team Trump
02/09/19 5:46 am

I guarantee those poll numbers are complete bullish!t. This Green New Deal is total insanity.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
02/09/19 12:14 am

Only a fool with zero understanding of simple math would support this insanity. You don’t even have to understand economics to be able to recognize the whole thing is a recipe for destruction.

Think Lovin Life
02/10/19 1:15 pm

Kry ... but please, tell us what you really think of the silly “deal”?!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
02/08/19 9:08 pm

No. I oppose it with every ounce of strength in my body.
Socialism is not welcome in America.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
02/08/19 7:39 pm

Those numbers don’t seem legit to me. I hope we never give that kind of control over our lives to the government.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
02/08/19 6:09 pm

No, I haven’t lost my sanity yet.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
02/08/19 6:13 pm

I’m loving that this Green New Deal nonsense is being embraced by so many Dem presidential candidates. Looking better and better for Trump in 2020...

mtdewbob Arizona
02/08/19 4:33 pm

Read it for yourself: Economic Security for all those who are unable or “”unwilling”” to work. See page 1 about 2/3 the way down in the document.😳
assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5729035/Green-New-Deal-FAQ.pdf

Malekithe Hades
02/08/19 5:09 pm

I will vote for this and instead of retiring, i will just become unwilling to work.

KellyDimples NJ
02/08/19 3:50 pm

No Republican would support that joke.

Malekithe Hades
02/08/19 3:54 pm

Or the Green Deal

kscott516 Masks fail
02/08/19 3:07 pm

Statistics are made up these days

chinito Florida
02/08/19 5:53 pm

Yep, 82% of the time!

Zach21 California
02/08/19 2:40 pm

According to bloomberg, it will cost $6.6 TRILLION a year.

I love how Democrats complain about $5 billion for a border wall, yet are perfectly fine with free college and Medicare for all.

pollman00
02/08/19 2:58 pm

It’s total economic illiteracy. None of them ever account for the fact that extremely high deficits cause high inflation. They just ignore unintended consequences.

Zach21 California
02/08/19 5:05 pm

It’s also important to note that the estimated cost per year for this #GreenNewDisaster is THREE TIMES what the government collects in taxes annually.

💩

adman4285
02/08/19 2:23 pm

The US has done more the mitigate pollution over the last 30 years than almost any other country. Let the others catch up and see how the environment looks then.

ozzy
02/08/19 1:41 pm

None of it

ozzy
02/08/19 1:41 pm

Ridiculousness

BriDads Stop Getting Offended
02/08/19 12:49 pm

Media halyard state that it is an “idealistic plan” or a “goal” that we should reach within the coming years... I do not agree with rapidly changing from fossil fuels to renewable energy since it has been proven that if we remove fossil fuels significantly, the working class will suffer greatly and our economy will come plummeting down...

But we can however, make small changes and over time become more greener and lower the use of fossil fuels.

But at the same time, The United States’s carbon emission is actually a small part of the problem... If you really want to stop carbon emissions from fucking the ozone layer and causing climate change, then go talk to China and Russia who have much higher carbon emissions than the US...

TomM
02/08/19 1:24 pm

The short version is that rich people should pay a lot more in taxes and it's going to help the environment. How it's connected I have no clue.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
02/09/19 12:12 am

Even shorter... complete and utter insanity that would bankrupt our nation.

zimmy Florida
02/09/19 4:30 am

But shutdowns, tax cuts, overspending the military and 58 billion dollar walls aren’t bankrupting the country already? 🙄

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
02/09/19 4:36 am

No, I mean this would most literally turn us into a starving nation. Venezuela 2.0. It’s literally economically devastating. Look at it. If you can do first grade math, you can see it’s impossible. A monkey backing this thing is idiotic.

zimmy Florida
02/09/19 4:38 am

Agreed, but if we don’t do something about our debt soon, we will be headed in that direction as well.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
02/09/19 4:44 am

Yes, the debt has been a growing problem for some time now. Congress won’t ever cut anything though. They’re all getting their kickbacks from their big business lobbyists and they don’t want to lose their deals or their political backing or their campaign donations or whatever perks they’re getting. And that’s on both sides. The entrenchment of politicians in D.C. for 20 and 30 years has to stop. The establishment politicians are the worst culprits.

Think Lovin Life
02/10/19 1:33 pm

Zim ... one of the very few enumerated delegates powers by the states to the federal government was to protect and defend the homeland. There’s no mention of food stamps or Obama phones in the constitution.

I am willing to reduce military funding when we completely eliminate welfare, Departments of Education, Interior and Health & Human Services. Deal?

susanr Colorado
02/08/19 12:31 pm

Not until I know something about it.

I’ve been mostly out of the political loop (and other loops) for days now.

susanr Colorado
02/08/19 8:38 pm

Yeah well I didn’t necessarily *want* to be back in the loop yet... But thanks, Zach, anyway! I’ll probably wait until I get home to read that.

Zach21 California
02/08/19 9:55 pm

Lol! I get it..

The article I linked above is opinionated and outlines how much the deal will cost per year.

Here’s a more objective one that focuses on what the deal actually means:

www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/07/aoc-just-updated-her-massive-green-new-deal--heres-whats-in-it.html

orgblu10 Shamerica
02/08/19 12:30 pm

Once again, it's apparently up to us independents to do the right thing and reject that BS.

GlockMan1 Alabama
02/08/19 12:14 pm

Just another liberal lie.