EatMoreMeat February 8th, 2019 1:42pm

The President of the US has given you carte blanche authority to reduce national debt by any legal means. What steps would you take? Comment your thoughts.

buffaloman Team Trump
02/09/19 5:54 am

Bye bye Planned Parenthood funding!

omniku dot com
02/09/19 2:33 pm

What impact would that have? It’s is 0.001% of total government spending. The only way to reduce the debt significantly is cut spending in military, social security, and healthcare. Those three sectors make up 75% of all government spending.

TheRightHook PureBluntForceTrauma
02/08/19 3:08 pm

Zero foreign aid. Bring all troops home. Increase tariffs on inbound goods. Cut salaries of all politicians. Make it illegal for politicians to have money in oil, real estate or pharma. Remove illegal aliens, eliminate the anchor baby laws. Reform welfare systems to a work for welfare program.

EatMoreMeat Counting the Fallacies
02/08/19 6:44 pm

I agree with a lot of your sentiments. I disagree with the absolutism of them though. Eliminating ALL welfare? Nah. It says “to provide for the general welfare” in our constitution. Welfare should exist, but I 100% agree it is abused massively. Completely halting all foreign aid? Nah. Most of it where we don’t get literally any benefit? Sure.

EatMoreMeat Counting the Fallacies
02/08/19 6:45 pm

The cutting salaries to politicians part got me aroused, though.

PhxLibertarian Republic of Dave
02/08/19 1:20 pm

Greatly reduce foreign aid, stop all payments to sanctuary cities and states, stop funding planned parenthood, cut military spending by 10%, sell all government held gold. Sell large pieces of government owned land. Reduce mail delivery to every other day, cancel the debt held by the fed (our government owns trillions of our debt itself. Not really cost savings but would look good on paper), eliminate all services to ileagles, dont use prison for non violent crimes replacing it with fines and caning, manage gov like a business - bonuses for being under budget, fire under performers, must justify budgets, etc.

auntiesamm Orange County CA
02/08/19 12:01 pm

Eliminate “nonessential” government workers for starters. They are proven to be unnecessary. That would be a first step.

Ebola007 Florida
02/08/19 9:58 am

Reduce foreign aid

AZlass Phoenix
02/08/19 8:44 am

For starters, our representatives would not be receiving such generous “retirement” packages.

EatMoreMeat Counting the Fallacies
02/08/19 7:43 am

“I am an official member of a task force dedicated to slashing the city budget. Just saying that gave me a semi.”

- Ron Swanson

Liberty 4,032,064
02/08/19 7:08 am

Eliminate all forms of welfare, eliminate the EPA, Department of Education, Department of Labor, Department of Energy, Reduce military spending by 50% to start.

adman4285
02/08/19 6:59 am

Reduce the salaries of congress

ozzy
02/08/19 6:49 am

Get the government out of healthcare.

ozzy
02/08/19 6:49 am

Prices would fall and quality would rise and the government would save big $&&

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
02/08/19 6:46 am

Not enough room here to even begin telling what I’d cut to reduce spending and reduce our debt.

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
02/08/19 9:43 am

Good thing I don’t give a fuck if you agree with me or not.

Think Lovin Life
02/08/19 9:46 am

Biker ... the truth continues to hurt you.

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
02/08/19 10:55 am

Even though I’ve told you many times that I don’t care about your opinion, your mouth continues to flap open and spew nonsense. Go figure.

Think Lovin Life
02/08/19 11:10 am

Biker ... even though I’ve told you before that this isn’t a fascist country and we don’t all dutifully follow despot Jim’s every whim, this is a free country and. Public forum where we get to combat your lies and apathy with the facts.

EatMoreMeat Counting the Fallacies
02/08/19 11:13 am

What’s the beef here?

Feel free to throw out some suggestions on what changes you’d make. I want to hear your opinions.

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
02/08/19 12:03 pm

No beef, he just can’t seem to get it that I don’t care what he says or thinks, but apparently he’s got a hard on for me and my opinion. I’ll just chalk it up as just another douchbag that has nothing better to do but be a jackass and try to start shit online.

Think Lovin Life
02/08/19 12:59 pm

Biker ... it’s precious that you think I care about your opinion. This is a public forum. Deal with it.

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
02/08/19 2:22 pm

And yet you still can’t refrain from calling me names whenever I answer a question especially you don’t even know me. So carry on with your BS.

Think Lovin Life
02/08/19 2:36 pm

Biker ... here’s yet another tissue for you ...

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
02/08/19 2:38 pm

Whatever douchbag

HtheC South Florida
02/08/19 6:45 am

I'd have to look at the budget but I'd reduce military spending and foreign aid as a start, perhaps look at NATO spending as well.