zimmy February 8th, 2019 11:50am

The Supreme Court blocked Louisiana’s strict abortion law yesterday, good news or bad? Comments welcome.....

Zod Above Pugetropolis
02/08/19 4:05 pm

Good that they blocked it; bad that they had to in the first place. BS like that should never come up.

GlockMan1 Alabama
02/08/19 12:26 pm

John Roberts is a big disappointment.

suppressedID keep Summer safe
02/09/19 9:35 am

Because he’s impartial?

I have to say I didn’t think he could do it.

MrsCrayonWax
02/09/19 10:12 am

God forbid we have an impartial justice.

GlockMan1 Alabama
02/09/19 4:10 pm

We have had an impartial justice. Their decision led to the greatest black genocide in the history of man. Far more than the KKK ever thought about killing.

Odysseus We All Need A Fantasy
02/08/19 9:20 am

Conservatives will turn on Roberts.
He is an institutionalist and will become the swing vote on this conservative Supreme Court.

zimmy Florida
02/08/19 9:25 am

I think so

HtheC South Florida
02/08/19 5:44 am

Based on how I understood it then I believe it was the right decision.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
02/08/19 5:31 am

I see Kavanaugh is fulfilling his destiny.

MrsCrayonWax
02/08/19 5:37 am

The lemmings just ate it right up and put him in.

kscott516 Masks fail
02/08/19 6:17 am

“The justices said by a 5-4 vote late Thursday that they will not allow the state to put into effect a law that requires abortion providers to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals.”

Why would you oppose this? Or did you think Louisiana was trying to ban abortion and not really know what law the SC blocked?

smartfart Florida
02/08/19 6:35 am

Because the Supreme Court overturned a similar law in Texas just recently. It seems to me that four judges do not recognize precedent (or are just political activists in robes).

MrsCrayonWax
02/08/19 7:01 am

How I feel or don’t feel about abortion is not the issue. It’s the idea that people wanted these conservative judges put on the supreme because there were promised by the president that they would overturn Roe and Obergefell. In essence, he promised activist judges, the same thing our side has railed against. So we either hold the SCOTUS to the same standard and that would be to judge cases based on constitutionality, or we let them run wild. As you can see, Kavanaugh isn’t fulfilling Trump’s promise to overturn Roe rather he is ruling on the constitutionality of the issues.

And the link to where Trump makes such a promise about Roe.

youtu.be/oq6Taf5fIys

kscott516 Masks fail
02/08/19 8:13 am

This law wasn’t banning abortion. It was common sense legislation that said a doctor performing an abortion should have privileges at a nearby hospital, in case something goes wrong medically. They have to take her to a hospital to save her life. You’re letting your bias get in the way of something that doesn’t change the abortion law.

kscott516 Masks fail
02/08/19 8:17 am

That doesn’t make him an activist judge either. Do you think anyone that wants to perform abortions should be able to do it, or should there be restrictions? NY’s new law allows ANY clinician to do them. I bet you support that monstrosity, right? Will you care when more women die while getting an abortion because the clinicians don’t really know what they’re doing? Just need more access, right? Maybe every corner?

MrsCrayonWax
02/08/19 8:49 am

No Kevin, you’re letting your bias get in the way of governing based on constitutionality. Activism doesn’t change according to which side of the issue a justice stands on. You either recognize it or call out your hypocrisy. I stand with the constitution, always have. Care to comment on Trump’s promise?

MrsCrayonWax
02/08/19 8:51 am

And please stop with the emotional @4jc charges. I’m against abortion personally. Stop with the dramatic rants of how I must like this monstrosity. You claim to be highly educated yet you can’t for a clear, unemotional response.

MrsCrayonWax
02/08/19 8:53 am

*offer

kscott516 Masks fail
02/08/19 8:53 am

The Constitution doesn’t say you can’t regulate abortion. Stop with the strawman. In fact, abortion isn’t even in the Constitution.

kscott516 Masks fail
02/08/19 8:56 am

Abortion is an emotional issue. Those are real lives being taken. I’m sorry if you don’t have a heart for these innocent children being painfully dismembered. I don’t have the capacity to compartmentalize my emotion from crushing an infant’s skull.

But again, regulating abortion isn’t “activism”. They weren’t even banning abortion, which I am all for.

kscott516 Masks fail
02/08/19 8:57 am

And please stop telling me how I should respond. I’m an adult and can make my own decisions.

MrsCrayonWax
02/08/19 9:15 am

So I’m not supposed to say anything when you come at me with broad based lies about what I believe? Game on then.

kscott516 Masks fail
02/08/19 10:08 am

You can respond however you want. I told you to stop telling me how to respond.

The NY law allows abortion up to actual birth. THAT is a monstrosity. Even pro-abortion people should be against that. There’s literally zero situations where an abortion would be medically necessary to save the mother’s life or health. Zero. It is murder.

Then the VA governor took it a step further and said the baby could be born and THeN the mother and doctor would discuss whether to keep it or not. There is no mistaking that for abortion. That is definitive murder.

YungGrim Florida
02/09/19 9:34 am

I can care less for what they can’t feel when an abortion takes places. I say it’s the woman’s choice not a mans. Point blank period.

kscott516 Masks fail