Praetorianus February 8th, 2019 3:44am

Stereotypes I've heard in Europe about Americans: they like Cola, chewing gum, fast food, football, baseball and guns. They're very patriotic, open and friendly but a bit shallow (out of sight, out of mind). They love to win, second place is losing.

suppressedID keep Summer safe
02/09/19 4:28 pm

They really can’t stand ties.

presrvd Phoenix
02/11/19 7:36 pm

Can anybody? Ties make no sense....,

Zach21 California
02/08/19 9:50 am

Sounds about right to me

Xemanis Lawful Good
02/08/19 8:43 am

The American population makes it hard to be patriotic. I simply want what's best for my country.
I don't care for sports. Gum is okay, cola tastes good but I try to avoid it mostly.

Xemanis Lawful Good
02/08/19 8:47 am

Oh, and guns are nice, but people haven't protected their rights so far.

Xemanis Lawful Good
02/08/19 8:49 am

Maybe small groups of people have.
At least they're there for home defense. Some of them, anyway. At this rate we'll be flooded with more unconstitutional gun laws

Metamorphosis
02/08/19 5:15 am

Generally speaking, Europeans love to take our money and mock us. They think of Americans as poorly educated, self absorbed, boorish, loud and annoying. For the most part, they're right.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
02/11/19 9:54 am

⬆️⬆️⬆️ this ⬆️⬆️⬆️

I was always under the impression Americans were uneducated boorish fat snobs, prone to violence, hostility and superiority complexes. Loved, American football, guns, flags and beer. The races don’t mix well and people are segregated. Weird religions were common place.

I moved here and found patriotism to be true. Well that and American football. The rest, no.

....

AZlass Phoenix
02/08/19 12:13 am

I can totally tell that I grew up more European since I don’t like any of those things you listed. Thanks Uncle Sam. One benefit of being an Air Force brat. 😉

j7469 New Hampshire
02/07/19 11:18 pm

Ironically, I saw way more people drinking Coke in Germany than I do in the US. Even a group of friends at a bar on a Thursday night had almost half drinking beer & the others Coke. This is in Germany who is known for incredible beer

GeezerGolf Show us your papers
02/07/19 8:56 pm

This is a buncha bunk. People are always maligning Muricans. Now I gotta get back to cleaning my gun, while having MickieDs burger & Diet Coke, as I finish watching a documentary about Vince Lombardi’s philosophy that winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
02/07/19 8:58 pm

Not all I mentioned is negative.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
02/07/19 9:41 pm

Btw, I forgot the stereotype that Americans love big cars (not negative either) - the time of big boats is over (think Lincoln Continental) so now it's SUVs 😊
Right on!

GeezerGolf Show us your papers
02/07/19 10:30 pm

That’s too nuanced an idea for me to ponder.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
02/07/19 8:51 pm

This looks a bit like the 1950s.
Many things have changed, especially the attitude about soft drinks, fast food and gum (the gum patches on the ground aren't anymore) - add smoking, it's not Marlboro country anymore either.
Shallow was wrong to begin with.
Well, some truth must be in that myth or it wouldn't have come up. 😊

Cooper831 Wisconsin
02/07/19 8:48 pm

I've also heard that we like our ice. Apparently Europe could take or leave ice in their drinks...buncha crazies drinking lukewarm soda.

But yeah I think that's all mostly accurate with the exception of patriotism these days. I more often hear people talk negatively about the country as a whole.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
02/07/19 8:54 pm

Americans seem to think Europeans drink everything lukewarm but no, just not a lot of ice - fridge door cool, just not icy 😊
Includes beer - cool but not ice cold.