SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
02/07/19 11:37 pm

I really like the Turkish March, Pachelbel's Canon, and Minuet in G. Past that I don't really listen to much classical music.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
02/07/19 11:17 pm

Yes! I was a Symphony percussionist and tympanist for 30 years and a choral conductor for nearly forty. I was a soloist-level recorder player for over thirty years and wrote and hosted Madrigal Dinners. I'm also a jazz drummer and an operatic bass-baritone. Pretty much retired now at age 67. 🎞

paranoidandroid peace love science
02/07/19 9:17 am

I’m just getting over a concussion. I listened to classical music in the dark for about 3 days. It saved me!!

Wert A picture of my junk
02/07/19 11:22 pm

Ow. How did you get the concussion? ðŸĪ•

paranoidandroid peace love science
02/08/19 6:55 am

So, I initially was lying about it even on SoH but being honest here is what made me be able to vocalize it irl... it was thanks to my (ex)boyfriend. Pushes not punches but I hit my head with the last one. He moved out immediately and cut ties so Im safe. He’ll contact me eventually and I’m trying to get my head on straight before he does. It may happen this weekend or before v-day.

Wert A picture of my junk
02/08/19 8:18 am

Wow. I’m so sorry you are going through that. Be careful during your next encounter. Have a good friend with you, if possible.

paranoidandroid peace love science
02/08/19 8:50 am

Thx. I’m embarrassed to be honest on SoH but it’s what’s allowed the words to come out of my mouth irl.

Do have to say thanks for our convo about the car dealership recently. You didn’t know it then but ones like that helped me a TON!! 😊 who knew SoH was actually good for something positive!!😂

Wert A picture of my junk
02/08/19 8:58 am

😁

Sometimes SOH can be a great distraction. Sometimes....

But, I’ve also found it to be a great place to air things out in your real life. Writing it up on here in an anonymous way often helps me think something through better than having to be completely spontaneous in rl when the time comes.

Keep the good spirits up! It helps more than we realize...

Wert A picture of my junk
02/08/19 8:58 am

Occasion swearing helps, too. 😁

paranoidandroid peace love science
02/08/19 9:02 am

Lol. Big fucking thanks to you?! (I know that’s not what you meant!) Dancing around like an absolute lunatic helps a lot too!! My neighbors probably think I’m insane bc I’ve done it on the deck and once caught myself singing (LOUD) with my AirPods in while out there. Lol. 😊ðŸ˜ģðŸĪŠ

Wert A picture of my junk