HBNY this space for rent
02/08/19 4:54 pm

A (dumb, useless, expensive, unnecessary) wall really has nothing to do with immigration.

Sploosh The Upside Down
02/07/19 9:30 am

That's a stance on the wall not immigration.

DarthTater Jesus Saves
02/07/19 8:07 am

I’m a Republican, yet I hate Trump. Isn’t that really saying something?

xtarite
02/07/19 12:50 am

This is not an immigration issue...it is a border control issue

bartman71 USW
02/07/19 12:14 am

A wall attacks the symptom, not the source.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
02/06/19 11:00 pm

A wall is part of a border security system...build it. I can understand why so many Dems oppose it...it will slow or stop the flow of new voters needed to keep their dying party alive.

TwinJefe Pacific Northwest
02/09/19 1:46 am

Dying party lol? The world is definitely moving in a progress direction. Republicans use jerry meandering and voter suppression to cling to power.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
02/09/19 2:04 am

Ha, see how far the Green New Deal insanity will get you. The Dems will have to crank up their voter fraud machine even higher to avoid losing ground.

TwinJefe Pacific Northwest
02/09/19 3:03 am

Voter fraud lol. This is nothing but Republican propaganda that even Trump’s own voter fraud commission could substantiate. It’s ironic because the only known voter fraud in recent years occurred in North Carolina during the 2018 midterm elections... and it was by Republicans. 😂😂😂😂

mac007 Mars
02/06/19 10:53 pm

A wall would have some effect but people would find a way around it. Eventually the future president of Mexico would tell the American president "Mr. President tear down this wall".

chairsbed
02/06/19 10:45 pm

Incentive, that’s how the wall stops people, they can’t get through a wall. That’s how we stop human trafficking. But h ave we found root cause?
Who are these people in the US who buy children for sex? Let’s find those people. Eliminate the demand, a good use of ICE.

SnotBubble California
02/06/19 9:08 pm

I’m actually not against a wall. But I am against spending $50 million on a wall. Waste of money!

tony1987
02/06/19 10:01 pm

This user is currently being ignored

Wert A picture of my junk
02/06/19 10:06 pm

Good with some sugar and a twist of lemon.

SnotBubble California
02/06/19 10:15 pm

I would much rather spend 50 billion on foreign aide because that goes to actually help people.

Investing 50 billion in roads, schools and infrastructure in Central America would be more effective in deterring illegal immigrants than a wall.

Invest in these people’s lives and try to improve their circumstances rather than build a wall and giving them the finger.

tony1987
02/07/19 3:29 pm

This user is currently being ignored

GlockMan1 Alabama
02/06/19 9:08 pm

We either get a wall/steel slat barrier or we get MILLIONS more illegals to add to the 22 million already here.

chairsbed
02/06/19 9:13 pm

You act like the wall is s a one time, end all solution to illegal immigration. I know you have heard the counters to this so I will not spend time restating them

GlockMan1 Alabama
02/06/19 9:15 pm

Where walls have been constructed....illegal crossings/apprehensions have been dramatically reduced.

chairsbed
02/06/19 9:39 pm

Yup, there are places a fence or fences make sense

adman4285
02/06/19 8:56 pm

For some it seems that the idea of a wall means being anti-immigrant. I don’t think it means that at all. It’s the idea of making illegal immigration legal. The border agents have requested that some areas of the border have a barrier to help them control the just illegal part.

chairsbed
02/06/19 9:16 pm

You would be correct if the chant ‘build the wall’ wasn’t also plagued with dehumanizing our southern neighbors

tony1987
02/06/19 10:03 pm

This user is currently being ignored

chairsbed
02/06/19 10:12 pm

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

chairsbed
02/06/19 10:15 pm

Do you think that is dehumanizing?

Specifically ‘they’re not sending you’

Wert A picture of my junk
02/06/19 8:45 pm

The wall is more expensive and less effective than electronic surveillance. I’m not talking about just cameras and drones, either.

I agree that a barrier can help in certain areas. But those are few, in my opinion.

GlockMan1 Alabama
02/06/19 9:07 pm

At what point did you become more knowledgeable about the effectiveness of the wall than the EXPERTS who work on the border day in and day out? What are your qualifications on border security?

Wert A picture of my junk
02/06/19 9:12 pm

Prove me wrong, then. Seriously. Find me reports that say otherwise. Not opinions of a bunch of nearly minimum wage security guards. Give me numbers. Give me efficacy analysis.

Wert A picture of my junk
02/06/19 9:28 pm

Except his equally, and more recently greater reason for the wall is the prevention of drugs crossing the border, not just immigrants. Drugs pass through official crossing more than other border crossings. How does the wall fix that? Terrorists is another reason and they mainly come in by plane, sea and the northern border. What does the wall do for that?

tony1987
02/06/19 10:08 pm

This user is currently being ignored

Wert A picture of my junk
02/06/19 10:18 pm

Border patrol records. Which, they say are accurate and reflect reality.

www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/cbp-enforcement-statistics

BriDads Stop Getting Offended
02/06/19 8:39 pm

Ok liberals have got to understand that “a wall” doesn’t mean a 2000 mile giant ass “Great Wall of China” It means adding barriers in strategic areas that will decrease illegal immigration that has been backed by research by non political organizations and border agents themselves. It has become way too political. If the wall had any racist meaning behind it, I wouldn’t be for it, but Trump is trying to finish what Obama and the Secure Borders Act started. If you didn’t like it, you should have complained during the Obama presidency when the democrats had someone in the executive branch.

chairsbed
02/06/19 8:52 pm

Maybe he should have said that on the campaign trail then, oh and also tax payers will pay for it

Acow Where is the Source
02/06/19 8:55 pm

Trump has talked about building 55 foot walls that span the entire border. It appears your views are inconsistent with your presidents, and the presidents views are inconsistent on a weekly basis.

Ebola007 Florida
02/06/19 8:28 pm

We must have the wall. That much is clear.

lj74