lcamino Florida and Georgia
02/06/19 7:32 pm

We are thankful that the mother of my husband’s daughter decided to have her, and to give her up to a Christian adoption agency. Whatever questionable decisions she made, at least she didn’t have a abortion.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/10/19 3:33 pm

That’s great, lcamino! And a great blessing to y’all now!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/06/19 4:13 pm

💠 Pic Poll:

Left Pic shows a young pregnant woman and then pics of her baby and one of her holding her baby.

Right Pic says there is a message for pro-life members in the comments.

...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/06/19 4:13 pm

I saw this on FACEBOOK. These are not my own words, but I agree with them 100%:

I am not one to post things like this on Facebook but this has been heavy on my heart after the bombardment of pro-life posts the last few days. Please read with an open heart and mind ❤

The 17 year old girl in these pictures chose life for her baby, even though she was just a child herself. But let me tell y'all something....

The constant rude comments and ugly stares I received as a pregnant teen and young mother... that's not pro-life. How can we expect anyone to choose life if all we meet them with is judgement?

The huffs and sighs at the grocery check-out over the person using WIC or food stamps to provide for their child is not pro-life.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/06/19 4:14 pm

2) Pro-life HAS to be about more than just saving the babies. I am so grateful for the people God placed in my life during that difficult time to lift me up. To encourage me in motherhood, to equip me to become the person I needed to be- for Joshua and for myself.

Please friends, put actions to your words. Speak life into that unwed, teenage mother.
Drop off a pack of diapers to or your child's gently used clothes to a Crisis Pregnancy Center

Those babies we all want to save grow up. And if we're truly pro-life, we will love them and be the support their family needs every step of the way.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8 NIV

>>>

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/06/19 4:14 pm

@shygal47 , here is the poll I told you I was going to do.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/06/19 4:16 pm

For the record, I want to make it clear that I believe that Christians support a LOT of pregnant women and their babies. There are Crisis Pregnancy Centers all over our country.

And here in AL, AL Baptist Children’s Homes have helped 30K orphans and families in crisis over the years. Just this year, we gave over $3 MILLION for this cause. So this is not meant to bash Christians, but to encourage us to do even more than we’re already doing! God will bless you for it!

If you’re not already supporting these causes, please prayerfully consider doing so!

shygal47 Florida east coast
02/06/19 5:13 pm

I like it, 4. The message about gracious treatment needs to be stressed. These girls need to know there is no reason for shame, no reason for others to treat them as less than an equal just because they use welfare and WIC to survive.
People that treat these girls like pariahs are not in any way contributing to the decrease in abortions, but rather they attempt to continue the old-fashioned shaming, while claiming to be pro-life. People that react that way to a young single mother are in effect passing judgement on the girl — if she aborts, she’s a criminal and if she carries to term and keeps the child she’s shamed for needing help with the basics of life.
It makes me so mad and the stories I used to hear in the Rape Crises Center were just appalling.... nuff said. It just breaks my heart and there are only so many crises stories you can hear as a volunteer before going into overload.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/06/19 5:20 pm

I agree with most of what you said. The Bible still teaches that premarital sex is sin....BUT God also forgives, if we come to Him in repentance. It’s only with the cover of HIS blood that we have no reason for shame, as he died for all our sins.

But I agree wholeheartedly that we should help them, and that’s why I’ve worked with Sav-A-Life before (a crisis pregnancy center) and why I support the ABCH.

KellyDimples NJ
02/07/19 7:19 am

I agree with her point, but only to an extent. She is making assumptions about the people giving her looks that may or may not be correct. She has no way of knowing what their beliefs are, or what they do or don't do to help other people. Maybe she's just sensitive and self-conscious and thinks people are being judgmental but they really aren't. There's no way for any of us to know.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/07/19 7:55 am

Well, she did say that some of them made rude comments. I’ve seen this over and over IRL and felt that myself when we had to use food stamps. It’s a good bit less stigmatizing now that they have EBT cards instead of actual physical food stamps, because it’s not as obvious that’s what you’re doing.

But I’ve also seen people be judgmental about young women that are pregnant. I’ve even seen them be judgmental if a couple are young, even if they’re MARRIED!

KellyDimples NJ
02/07/19 8:04 am

I don't see that around here in New Jersey. It's probably much more common around here. But I still think she's making assumptions by saying that these are pro-life people doing these things. They may be, but she's assuming.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/07/19 8:11 am

Oh, I see what you mean now. It could very well be pro-abortion people that think she should have had an abortion. Good point!

KellyDimples NJ
02/07/19 8:13 am

Yes, that was my point. Sorry for not being more clear.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/07/19 8:21 am

It could be me! I don’t do so well in the mornings! Lol

KellyDimples NJ