TheMusicMan February 6th, 2019 5:17pm

Imagine that neuroscientists have created a machine that can simulate ultra-realistic pleasurable experiences for the rest of your life - no adverse side effects. Any pleasurable experience can be programmed. Do you have any reason NOT to go in?

thedman Free Kyle Rittenhouse
02/06/19 11:54 pm

Yeah. Because I think it would be stupid do give up your rights and entire reality to anyone. Especially if they’re doing it for a profit incentive (although I’d be way more skeptical if they were giving it out for free). The whole “download yourself to a simulation stuff” is just dangerous. Anyone that’s seen a black mirror episode will know why

TheMusicMan Community not Capital
02/06/19 8:43 pm

Guys, this isn't asking if "some people" would this or that - it's asking if YOU have any reason for YOU.

azsageguy
02/06/19 8:17 pm

Some people love their misery. Holding onto that pain gives them purpose.

Kay41 the Midwest
02/06/19 4:09 pm

It might become addictive and cause people to spend too much time not in reality. But, otherwise, I don't see a problem.

shygal47 Florida east coast
02/06/19 3:00 pm

I don’t care for the idea of someone messing with my brain.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/06/19 8:15 pm

Roller coaster ride. I rarely go twice.
Baskin N Robbins. Visit occasionally.
I'll try the machine.

shygal47 Florida east coast
02/06/19 9:24 pm

Ew ... supposing you end up being just a shivering mass of nerve cells pinging off each other until you go nuts?!

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/07/19 6:51 am

I think that would be a negative consequence. The poll promises none.

But I agree with your warning. The safety was probably exaggerated and the danger under estimated. A bit like Michael Jacksons propophol. .

Cooper831 Wisconsin
02/06/19 10:33 am

It would just be another form of addiction. Using something that separates you from reality and deluded you for pleasure will only propagate self-indulgence and ultimately lead to less satisfaction in our real lives.

Less satisfaction with the faults of your family, your career, your husband/wife. Unless you plan to live in the machine until they day that you die, avoid it and work to improve your reality.

MrsCrayonWax
02/06/19 10:23 am

I have no reason not to.

ctskapski x
02/06/19 10:22 am

One could argue that it might cause a dissatisfaction with what reality can provide, but, eh... not really.
If that happens, use that dissatisfaction to make reality better.