DarthTater Jesus Saves
02/06/19 11:01 pm

I chose the right because I’m a huge DC fan. Still, that’s an uncanny resemblance!

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/06/19 10:40 pm

Beware of polls. They are based on the immediate emotional reaction to a intentionally feel good speech. Let's see what happens 2/15, or when Kim Jung Un shoots another ICBM OVER Hawaii.

KellyDimples NJ
02/07/19 6:15 am

They show a desire to work together to solve some of these problems, instead of constant resistance. Many of his proposals are former Democrat proposals.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/07/19 6:37 am

I agree.
But
The economic boom is delivering a few % benefits to the working class. The majority lands in the elites pickets.

BoomSwetty Uncaged Human
02/06/19 6:01 pm

I picked Gotham because that pic was so damn funny

theNobamist Silicon Valley
02/06/19 11:25 am

Schumer looked so nasty. This photo is hilarious!!!

handsyjo
02/06/19 7:24 am

>43% republican who watched
>Only 25% of country identifies as republican according to same pollster last week.
>39% of country identify as democrats
>Only 24% of viewers were democrat

Hmm...who could've possibly for seen that Republicans like Trump?

KellyDimples NJ
02/06/19 7:27 am

This means less Democrats watched the speech, not hard to understand, they are still butthurt and 'resisting'. Even so, look at the number of Independents that approved, and even 30% of the Democrats.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/06/19 8:55 am

I agree, Kelly....that’s the first thing that jumped out at me...that such a high percentage of Independents were positive about it!

And I’ve seen that shift here on SoH just in the 2 years I’ve been here. When I first came here during the election, most Independents agreed with Dems on most topics and most Libertarians agreed with Republicans. Now, Dems are the only ones that go one direction, while all of the other three demographics agree on the opposite side, for the most part. The Dem party has gone so far left they’re about to fall of a cliff and smart Independents are deciding to join the rest of us instead of blindly following them off the cliff!

Radon Parts Unknown
02/06/19 9:24 am

Exactly correct you two. The only thing that matters is independents and fence sitters. Democrats are never voting for him. The only people he needs to win over are people who indifferent to party.

Imagine my shock that democrats are trying to spin this into a bad thing.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/06/19 9:29 am

I didn’t see a lot that they could spin, Radon. After all, he championed ALL their identity politics groups that Dems love, including prison reform and minority unemployment, and showed that this administration is actually doing something about these groups. He praised women, and people of all minorities, and was interrupted with applause 102 times, and got many standing O’s from Dems. They’re going to have a tough time with this one.

handsyjo
02/06/19 9:32 am

Imagine my surprise that you don't understand polling....
1) this is just approval of his speech. Historically he has always been more favorable when he sticks to the script. But we all know that's not who Trump is.
2) this is just people who tuned in. This isn't an accurate sampling of either party. Just people who wanted to watch him deliver a speech which again historically is usually people that already favor the president.

But what ever Trump said it best when he could shoot someone in the streets and his supporters would still love him so what use is it discussing this with any of you. A favorable poll today is biased fake news tomorrow once it changes...

handsyjo
02/06/19 9:32 am

I don't care what groups he panders to in a speech...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/06/19 9:33 am

So Jo, you’re saying that 30% of the Dems who watched Trump’s speech already approved of him? I have a very hard time swallowing that. I’ve never seen a single Dem on SoH that approved of anything he’s done!

handsyjo
02/06/19 9:36 am

I honestly don't see why people care so much about the state of the union... It used to be just a message to congress about what the president wants to do but now(and yes I mean for past presidents as well) it's just a speech to gain political capital. Why should I care what some focus groups thinks I want to hear? I don't care about Trump's speeches, I didn't care about Obama's. It's all words... And it's useless without action.

handsyjo
02/06/19 9:38 am

Again this has nothing to with approval of the president, it's approval of his message that he delivered last night and nothing else. And you should have a hard time swallowing it because it's not 30% of democrats. It's 30% of democrats who tuned in.

Radon Parts Unknown
02/06/19 9:39 am

There is it 4JC.....
They can spin anything. It's snake like. The good things I've seen them turn into bad throughout my life is almost frightening.

KellyDimples NJ
02/06/19 9:40 am

Yeah, it'd be masterful, if it actually convinced anyone other than themselves.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/06/19 9:42 am

Jo, would you like me to send you some links to articles about the ACTIONS the Trump admin has taken, and his accomplishments?

Just off the top of my head:

Lowest unemployment rate in half a century.
Lowest minority unemployment rate EVER.
Lowest disabled unemployment rate.
Lowest FEMALE employment rate since 1973.
Making headway with Korea....not a nuclear war with them like you all thought.

I can send you LONG lists of accomplishments if you want to read them.

handsyjo
02/06/19 9:48 am

That's basically all just one single accomplishment... And those were ALL levels that were decreasing before he took office...
But no thanks I've seen your articles and more times than not they're from Trump surrogates that you lable as experts

Also learn the difference between cause and effect.
Actions are not effects

Radon Parts Unknown
02/06/19 9:52 am

Exhibit B 👆

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/06/19 10:18 am

You’re right, Radon.

That’s NOT all one accomplishment, Jo. There have been many times in the past that regular unemployment went down but NOT minority unemployment. Throughout our history, there has been a big gap between the two. And aren’t liberals the ones always talking about women not getting a fair shake in the workplace?

Yes, black unemployment rate had been falling during Obama, just like the overall unemployment rate. However, there is a BIG difference in the black unemployment rate since Trump.

This is the first time EVER that the black unemployment rate has been this close to the white unemployment rate.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/06/01/the-black-unemployment-rate-has-never-been-closer-to-the-white-unemployment-rate/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d3a0b13f698d

KellyDimples NJ
02/06/19 10:21 am

Obama's policies slowed down the recovery. He said manufacturing jobs would never come back, and that Trump would need a magic wand if he was promising to bring them back. Turns out the magic wand was doing the opposite of what Obama did.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/06/19 10:28 am

EXACTLY, Kelly. How do you explain that, Jo? Obama went so far as to say it was IMPOSSIBLE.

Manufacturing is BOOMING. I know of several plants being built in AL, and two just in my small town!

DonWichita Kansas
02/06/19 7:21 am

I too saw the Penguin when the camera isolated Schumer. Glad someone added the accessories.

KellyDimples NJ