HBNY February 4th, 2019 4:32pm

Do you believe the entire Bible holds more value than the Torah, Quran, Vedas, Tripitaka, Guru Granth Sahib, Kitáb-i-Aqdas, Agam Sutras, Kojiki, Book of Mormon, Avesta and other religious texts?

spudface New Jersey
02/06/19 4:57 am

As an agnostic/atheist, I don’t believe any of them are true but certainly all have nuggets of truth and wisdom of value.

localjudicial
02/05/19 1:28 am

The bible hold more truth and is more credible then any other religious faith/book out there. It holds stories, historical facts and so on. And if you do your research you can see there is more evidence holding the words of the bible true, more then any other religious text out there. If you don't believe me do your research read it book for book chapter by chapter and see for yourself.

HBNY this space for rent
02/05/19 9:03 am

Do you have any proof to back up your statements?

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
02/04/19 11:32 pm

Nope, the bible is equal parts religious ramblings and historical bullshit.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
02/04/19 4:20 pm

Nope. They all served a historical purpose. If religious fans want to follow their particular book, so long as they aren't actively hurting anyone, it doesn't bother me.

Crispy899 America
02/04/19 3:58 pm

Well the Bible help built western civilization, including America so yes.

The only other book listed that I’ve read is the Quran which is horribly evil book, written by mad men. It hold no useful purpose is civil society

HBNY this space for rent
02/04/19 4:01 pm

So you’re discounting Chinese Dynasties and the Ottoman and Mongol Empires, as well as the Mayan and Inca Civilizations?

Crispy899 America
02/04/19 4:02 pm

Are you saying the Quran made all of those?

HBNY this space for rent
02/04/19 4:03 pm

No. It was in response to your comment “Well the Bible help built western civilization, including America so yes.”

Crispy899 America
02/04/19 4:04 pm

So you’re saying the Bible built those then?

HBNY this space for rent
02/04/19 5:18 pm

I’m not dumbing this down for you any further than this: those civilizations flourished and contributed to modern societies, yet they weren’t based on anything biblical.

Crispy899 America
02/04/19 5:21 pm

Wow alright. My comments were only to the Bible and the Quran like I said. Those are the only two I’ve become familiar with but if you want to put words in my mouth for whatever reason go for it.

Didn’t know I was gonna be treated by a dick for not commenting on what he want me too

Timber
02/04/19 1:49 pm

They all hold the same value to me. Idk why one would be better than the others.

mark4
02/04/19 10:48 am

Of course so. Why would I not?

JamesAndersonMD La Jolla, CA
02/04/19 10:46 am

Yeah, I do. There are a lot of great moral teachings within all of these, but the Bible binds it all together. No one knows which faith is most accurate, or if any of them are, but I’ve read the entire Bible more than once, and despite its contradictory statements, it is a decent piece of text.

Timber
02/04/19 1:47 pm

But you haven't read the others? How do you know its better than the others?

JamesAndersonMD La Jolla, CA
02/04/19 2:28 pm

I’ve read the Quran, Tripitaka, Agam Sutras, and Book of Mormon, as well, and have background on a lot of the other texts, so I feel like I can safely maintain my opinion.

Crispy899 America
02/04/19 3:59 pm

The Bible and the Quran are very opposite books.
The Bible isn’t perfect I can admit it
But the Quran is just vile

JamesAndersonMD La Jolla, CA
02/04/19 4:06 pm

The Quran has a lot of similar ideas throughout, but I do agree that there are very repulsive sections of it. The Bible, despite a lot of its issues, has a lot of nice stories and lessons, too.

Crispy899 America
02/04/19 4:14 pm

The Quran literally call for death and destruction for all nonbelievers.

The Bible once again not perfect but there’s no modern terrorism in the name of it

JamesAndersonMD La Jolla, CA
02/04/19 4:28 pm

The first part is true, though the Bible calls for death in some ridiculous instances, too, like working on the sabbath.

The second part isn’t as true. There have been recorded incidents of Christian-linked in the 21st century, perhaps on a comparative level to Islamic-linked terrorism. Both should be condemned.

Crispy899 America
02/04/19 4:30 pm

They both should but to act like the Bible is causing the same amount of terror, fear and death today is wrong

JamesAndersonMD La Jolla, CA
02/04/19 4:35 pm

I see what you’re saying, but some would argue that those who commit terrorist acts — a very small minority of both Muslims and Christians - are not true believers, and conveniently ignore the sections in the Bible and Quran on peace and love.

Crispy899 America
02/04/19 4:42 pm

Then you might not have the understating of islam you believe you do. There’s far more attacks from his religion then any other

They hold sharia law higher then he country’s they move too.

The Catholic Church has pedophiles that attack a small number of boy. Not that any number is the right number besides zero.

But Islamists have groups like the lover boys in the Netherlands and grooming gangs in England. In Rotherham they’ve attacked over 1500 girls in the most horrifying and brutal ways I’ve never imagined

rons WOKE is sick
02/04/19 10:06 am

Idk, they don’t have pictures so I never read any of them.

HBNY this space for rent
02/04/19 4:02 pm

So stick with Dr. Suess literature, rons. And Field & Stream.

suppressedID IMEACH BIDEN
02/04/19 9:36 am

Of course not, that would be incredibly arrogant.

rons WOKE is sick
02/04/19 2:07 pm

Have you read them all! If so congrats! I rather not voice an opinion if I don’t know the subject.
I went to Catholic school and excommunicated them when I was 14.