Ovix Christian Fascist
02/02/19 4:12 pm

There actually is white privilege, to an extent. Nearly all people wouldn’t hire/pay someone based off their ethnicity (as long as they can speak English fluently). However, there are legitimately supremacist cops (all beit not the majority of cops, it is disproportionally larger than it should be). Then there is the problem that immigrants tend to have less, mostly due to their lack of family wealth, and the economic hill they must climb over. (But this is also true for white immigrants).

Korosensei Maine
02/02/19 1:35 pm

Anyone who says myth doesn’t understand what white privilege means

Korosensei Maine
02/02/19 9:21 pm

White privilege is essentially the idea that whiteness is treated as a default. You will essentially never face discrimination because you are white. You may face hardships but it won’t be because of your race.

liddleTrump trump is liddle
02/02/19 1:31 pm

White privilege is an undeniable fact. Those who claim it’s a myth wont admit it.

Constitutionist Southern Illinois
02/02/19 6:42 pm

If it is a fact, prove it.

sea California
02/02/19 9:47 am

Mostly myth out here in CA

theNobamist Silicon Valley
02/02/19 8:57 am

Ask the woman who had to pretend to be Cherokee to get a law degree, job, and elected.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/02/19 10:45 am

I am
More likely related to Genghis Khan than she is related to a Native American.

sstein555
02/02/19 10:45 am

New report in the Boston globe proves that she did not get hired because of her claim.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/02/19 10:53 am

I do not trust the media to tell me what happened or what to think. Warren perpetuated the story too frequently to claim she had no secondary gain.

Ignore Warren.
Focus on Bernie.

sstein555
02/02/19 10:56 am

So you do all of your own investigative reporting on every story to determine what to think? That sounds time consuming. I’m telling you something that has been investigated and checked and checked again but you don’t believe it because of what?

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/02/19 11:01 am

Obviously not possible. I do read widely from sources of varying political slants and often distrust the popular promoted versions. On this particular issue, it's hard to accept the Globes version

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/02/19 11:02 am

I don't believe it because the Globe is asking readers to accept their conjectures as fact.

sstein555
02/02/19 11:22 am

Not conjecture. It’s a pretty extensive investigation. You may wanna read it.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/02/19 1:07 pm

I did. Nothing personal here, but I don't think anyone but the schools and Warren know the reason for her claim. The Globes analysis is IMO only remotely plausible. I'd bet a 1,000 "apolitical" observers would give Warren's claims 99% chance of Major Pinocchio.