KellyDimples February 2nd, 2019 1:33pm

I just saw this spoken by Frank Stephens, disability advocate with Down Syndrome: "I don't want to make abortion illegal, I want to make it unthinkable. I don't want to change the law, I want to change what's in people's hearts".

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
02/03/19 2:03 am

Powerful statement. Not going to change anyone’s mind though. For 45 years, it’s been the same debate. People believe what you believe. That’s it. Let it lie.... well, except maybe the pro-lifers in NY right now. They’ve just been given legitimate reason to be calling their representatives.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/03/19 9:29 pm

What about those in VA, where the governor wants to kill babies AFTER birth? And more and more states are looking at this.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
02/03/19 10:09 pm

Ha! I can’t believe that SOB is still holding after first supporting infanticide and now being exposed as someone whose blatant racism the left should be reeling over. SMH. I don’t think he’ll be able to stay in though. They’re talking about forcing him out if he doesn’t step down.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
02/02/19 9:23 pm

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. 👍

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/03/19 9:36 pm

I agree....and it’s what I try to do every day here on SoH....change people’s hearts on this issue. But I really think that the only ONE that can change their hearts on this issue is Jesus!

💠 KellyDimples asked:
02/02/2019

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
02/03/19 10:03 pm

Agreed, but He uses us to speak. ❤️

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/03/19 10:05 pm

Good point. Sometimes I just wonder if anyone is listening....Today, I had someone tell me that they KNEW that an abortion entailed ripping a babies limbs from it’s body and crushing it’s skull, but they still felt it more HUMANE to do that than to allow a 3rd trimester baby that was sick to be born and be comforted by it’s mother as it died! I made a poll about it, to see who agreed with him or her.

Brrrrrrrrr
02/02/19 5:18 pm

I’m not going to boo a special, but if there’s one thing that needs to be illegal, killing babies is it.

02/02/19 5:41 pm

I agree. But his point is that he wants us to get to a point where life is valued, so abortions are no longer wanted.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
02/02/19 3:16 pm

God bless him. I agree 100%.

Ferganam Behind You
02/02/19 12:17 pm

Who TF booed this?

02/02/19 1:58 pm

Haters are everywhere.

02/02/19 3:29 pm

Probably CoffeeNow, based on the comments below.

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
02/02/19 3:51 pm

Wtf Kelly? No, I did not downvote this poll

02/02/19 3:56 pm

Not downvote, but voted 'Boo'

02/02/19 3:58 pm

Since you were the only one with guts to say anything negative about it, I had to assume you were one of the few who didn't like his statement.

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
02/02/19 3:58 pm

Oh, just realized that was the poll option. Yeah I did boo, but only because I had to pick one to comment. To me it isn’t powerful or boo

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
02/02/19 3:59 pm

Should have been “powerful” and “not powerful” or something

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/03/19 9:30 pm

I can’t read his comments and don’t want to, but this is one of the reasons I put CoffeeNow on ignore.

chickencookie It really is
02/02/19 11:28 am

I saw him. He has a great life he said.

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
02/02/19 11:02 am

What’s his plan exactly? Because that sounds impossible

02/02/19 1:59 pm

His plan is to raise awareness.

02/02/19 3:08 pm

Awareness of what is involved, of every human having value.

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
02/02/19 3:50 pm

Do you sincerely think any pro choice person is going to hear a message saying people have value and go ‘whoa, I wasn’t aware! I’m pro life now’?

02/02/19 3:56 pm

I think it is worth a shot. This is how he's trying to raise awareness:
youtu.be/yQJEoRhkapw

Survivalistien I am Green and Retired
02/02/19 9:28 am

It’s pretty sad that somebody as innocent as those with downs even see through how horrible the world is.

02/02/19 11:43 am

And that it takes someone with Down Syndrome to make the most intelligent statement.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/03/19 9:32 pm

EXACTLY.....but he probably realizes that his demographic will be next, after they legalize it for babies after birth. In one of the countries overseas, they’ve already started aborting Downs babies, and euphemistically say that they’ve found a CURE for Downs! SMH

Survivalistien I am Green and Retired
02/03/19 9:35 pm

Next?... it’s already has happened and is still happening.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/03/19 9:47 pm

You know of cases in the US where parents have aborted Downs babies?!

Survivalistien I am Green and Retired
02/03/19 9:50 pm

No, I’m sure it’s happened. My point was Hitler’s eugenics programme, and then those who were born before it and how they were “discarded.” That’s factual history, but in recent times on a wide spread as such. I’ve not a clue.

02/04/19 4:24 am

Downs babies are aborted in the US. They told me my son was at high risk for Downs based on an ultrasound and wanted me to have amnio to find out for sure so we could make an informed decision. We said absolutely not. Amnio is risky for the baby, and there was no way we were aborting regardless, so no point in amnio. They also told us he was a girl, so they were way off.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/04/19 11:02 am

Oh, right.....I’ve heard of cases like that....I guess I just had brain freeze last night, or something! Lol

02/04/19 11:06 am

This article says that between 67-85% of preborn babies diagnosed with Down Syndrome are aborted in the US.
www.focusonthefamily.com/socialissues/life-issues/down-syndrome/a-world-with-no-down-syndrome-babies

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/04/19 11:25 am

Thanks, Kelly! I don’t know where my mind was.....I think I was thinking more along the lines of some of these other countries, where they’re forcing parents to abort Downs babies, to wipe it out.

02/04/19 11:29 am

No problem.

imanag My heaven on Earth
02/02/19 8:40 am

This made me teary when I watched it the other day. I love this!

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/02/19 7:36 am

Pretty simple.

Just require the pregnant parents to squish the head of the fetus with their hands. Late abortion rates would plummet.

02/02/19 7:21 am

I almost cried when I watched it.

Cooper831 Wisconsin
02/02/19 7:05 am

Very well put.

I think we all (both sides) get caught up in the legality of abortion and build a blind spot to other aspects of the debate...like remember that nobody wants a high rate of abortion, we all just have different ideas of how to lower it effectively.

We also forget about that whole period of life before a woman finds out she's pregnant...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/03/19 9:35 pm

I respectfully disagree. I talk to people on SoH every day that say that the more babies aborted the better, that they aren’t human beings, they’re not alive, they’re not babies, etc. I made a new poll about compassion, because one today even told me it’s more HUMANE to abort a baby in the third trimester (knowing that this means dismembering the baby and crushing it’s skull, draining it’s brain out it’s head) than to allow it to be born and held and comforted by it’s mother if it’s going to die!

Ebola007 Florida