Paetzold February 2nd, 2019 5:37am

Could you kill, be it man or beast? Could you end something‘s life?

DonWichita Kansas
02/02/19 4:56 pm

With proper provication I could and would.

peterseb Idaho
02/02/19 1:15 pm

I kill flys and spiders all summer long and don't even give it a second thought. Some people might even consider my actions murder or a hate crime since I actively seek them out and maliciously kill them.

Ovix Christian Fascist
02/02/19 3:46 am

I feel bad when I kill bugs, but I still kill em

Ebola007 Florida
02/01/19 11:49 pm

I was a hunter for years.

Sentinel Ya ie wa noh
02/01/19 11:24 pm

Many Veterans and soldiers have.....

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/02/19 6:55 am

Until they change the hearts of evil, the brave and the wise will have to make the decisions and take the action needed to protect those who do not dare or care to do so.

shygal47 Florida east coast
02/02/19 9:18 am

Hammer - it’s not about “caring” or “daring” ... it’s about recognizing that it is not my job to judge. It’s God’s.
I could kill - but I would choose not to. I doubt I could live the rest of my life knowing I was responsible for some other person’s death.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/02/19 10:54 am

Unless the person you killed was on your doorstep to kill and hurt your family.

shygal47 Florida east coast
02/02/19 3:41 pm

If the person is on my doorstep, then he/she is not in the house.
One must be very clear with the FL “stand your ground” law.
And - why would I open the door to someone I don’t know or who doesn’t have an spot with me at home?

Sentinel Ya ie wa noh
02/02/19 4:06 pm

There is no great pride or elevation with having to end another life.....whether in war/conflict or defending ones family, home or self.....it will haunt even the best of us.....

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/03/19 3:31 am

I agree.
I've never suggested pride in killing. Pride in protecting, yes.
Doorstep was a metaphor for a viable threat to the safety of those in your home.

Sadly, we live in a country/community where self preservation still requires the threat or action of deadly force.

shygal47 Florida east coast
02/03/19 7:42 am

What is truly sad is that you had to use the word “still” in your comment.
And sadder, in my lifetime, our society has gone from feeling safe at home, to needing to be armed and then “still” not feeling “safe”.
That, if nothing else, should be an indication that we are a violent culture and expect violence to be the answer. And as gun sales and mass murders continue to climb, I have to wonder if “still” is the right word ... more like “once again” since I do remember when it was better to love/share than to greet a stranger with a weapon.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/04/19 11:47 am

Shy-
I do not greet strangers with a weapon.
But I am prepared to protect.

Our culture has a violent history that goes back past written records. No peace accord has ever brought peace. I'd agree that violence is expressed or reported differently during different era's. Sadly "still" violent seems to apply to all the ones I know about.

shygal47 Florida east coast
02/04/19 1:01 pm

Peace accords HAVE succeeded ... look at the Iroquois Nation!
And they are the people WE stole from - with weapons.
Way too big an argument here to handled on a cell phone.
Hebrews 13:2

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
02/04/19 9:20 pm

What country
What nation
What era
Has peace ruled over war?

Sadly they cry peace but there is no peace.