Zach21 February 1st, 2019 4:08pm

Yesterday, South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem signed a law that allows residents to carry concealed handguns without a permit, which means that SD will be the 14th state to allow constitutional carry. Do you think more states should follow suit?

thomas12466 Los Angeles
02/02/19 12:02 am

All 50 states should take the next step and legalize open carry in all public places. 2nd Amendment trumps the government

liddleTrump trump is liddle
02/01/19 11:58 am

Let me get this straight, someone like me, whose never held a gun in my life, can buy a gun, put it in my pocket and head to the nearest school around? What the fuck is wrong with you people.

Diogenes IgnoranceNoBlissEs
02/01/19 11:11 am

Hell yes! The loser TX Lt. Guv, Patrick, has dangled Constitutional carry for voters but won’t allow it to the floor.

AZlass Phoenix
02/01/19 10:20 am

Not without a permit.

zimmy Florida
02/01/19 10:03 am

Why without permits? What is the reasoning for that?

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 10:11 am

The second amendment is the reason for it.

GlockMan1 Alabama
02/01/19 10:48 am

The permit is just another way to tax people. Like hunting and fishing and marriage license. PAY ME for the privilege.

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 10:49 am

And also so they know where to go when it's time to round them all up.

zimmy Florida
02/01/19 10:51 am

I thought permits were more for making sure someone can own a gun, and not some terrorists or criminal? Kelly I don’t see how having to have a permit violates the 2nd amendment?

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 10:52 am

How does having to have ID violate someone's voting rights?

zimmy Florida
02/01/19 10:53 am

It doesn’t.

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 11:01 am

Yet that's your party's argument for fighting against it.
The right to bear arms is granted in the Constitution. "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".
I'm actually ok with permits, and background checks. We need to make sure no one potentially dangerous gets guns. Just like we need to know who is in our country. But the people we need to be concerned about don't bother with permits or background checks. Just as the people we need to be concerned about don't bother coming through ports of entry.

Diogenes IgnoranceNoBlissEs
02/01/19 11:12 am

Zimmy, just like a poll tax or a voter ID, it is inhibitory to poor people from a Constitutional right.

See what I did there! 😁

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 11:17 am

See how I combined gun control, voter ID and illegal immigration to show how inconsistent their arguments are?

zimmy Florida
02/01/19 11:30 am

Actually you didn’t because I don’t believe having an ID to vote violates my rights, doesn’t matter what party says what that is my feeling, now making ID’s difficult to get is obviously wrong, whether voting or guns. So I still ask the same question from my point of view here, what is so terrible about having a permit for a concealed weapon?

Diogenes IgnoranceNoBlissEs
02/01/19 11:40 am

Please explain your specific views in straightforward terms rather than magical Zimmy speak.

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 11:41 am

Nothing, other than it is further acceptance of having to ask government permission, and pay them, for the right to do things. Permits to hunt, fish, own a pet, build a shed on your property... It never ends. And none of those things are guaranteed in the Constitution, as bearing arms is.
It all comes down to a fundamental view of the role of government. You obviously don't mind them being all up in your business on every level. Well, I do.

zimmy Florida
02/01/19 12:01 pm

Kelly- I don’t want them in my business
, but I don’t want anyone with a violent criminal record, walking into a gun shop and purchasing a gun, therefore I am for gun permits, and background checks.

zimmy Florida
02/01/19 12:01 pm

Dio- Kelly obviously understood what I was saying

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 12:17 pm

Zimmy, I actually agree with that. But I can also understand the reasoning behind not requiring permits, and was trying to articulate it, even if I don't agree with it.

zimmy Florida
02/01/19 12:19 pm

I see.

GlockMan1 Alabama
02/02/19 12:26 pm

“ I don’t want anyone with a violent criminal record, walking into a gun shop and purchasing a gun, therefore I am for gun permits, and background checks.”

Two different things. The FBI background check determines if you can legally buy a gun. The PERMIT allows you to carry it as opposed to keeping it in your house (which you don’t need a permit to do)

EarlyBird Portland
02/01/19 10:00 am

Without a permit? I don’t like the sound of that.

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 9:38 am

Only up to the third trimester 😜

zimmy Florida
02/01/19 10:02 am

😂😂😂

CoffeeNow Fiery but peaceful rioter
02/01/19 9:23 am

I wonder how much crime SD has