KellyDimples February 1st, 2019 2:58pm

I have a theory I haven't heard anywhere. I think Democrats are pushing for 3rd-trimester abortion in states they control to force court challenges so they can say "see, Republicans want to take away women's rights" and scare up votes.

bluepawn California
02/01/19 12:48 pm

If our Founding Fathers were alive today they would be up at arms over Roe v. Wade. This country has been going down the drain for a long time. We are morally bankrupt. So far from God.

Diogenes Lagoa Time
02/01/19 10:35 am

Well they’re all squawking about Reps attempting to reverse Roe v Wade - get this...without any evidence whatsoever. Nothing is out of bounds from the party of innuendo and scare mongering.

rons on top of the world MA
02/01/19 8:57 am

Rallying cry “ don’t kill until you see the whites of their eyes”. Sorry.

orgblu10 Shamerica
02/01/19 8:39 am

I think EVERYTHING they do is done for the purposes of getting more votes, more power, and more money.

Jazzy5 USA
02/01/19 8:35 am

No one wants to take the right away, they want to take the right to kill away...

kscott516 Show Time
02/01/19 8:30 am

Sounds like you took my advice

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 8:37 am

Which advice is that?

kscott516 Show Time
02/01/19 10:36 am

Where I said this was just a distraction to stir up their base for 2020.

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 10:38 am

Perhaps

Think Lovin Life
02/01/19 8:02 am

Kelly ... I think that Democrats are seeing the legal vulnerability of the flawed Supreme Court decision and are attempting to use the constitution as it was designed to shore up the “right” to murder babies in their blue enclaves.

I also agree with you that they will use whatever dirty tactic possible to fight Republicans.

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 8:07 am

It just seems to me that Roe v Wade has been the accepted law of the land for close to 50 years, and there have been no challenges that have come close to repealing it. If they had just stayed the course, people had pretty much accepted things the way they were, even if many didn't like it. This is changing the terms drastically, and likely to trigger a backlash. And I think that's what they want.

Think Lovin Life
02/01/19 8:13 am

Kelly ... I understand and agree with most of what you said. However, Roe v Wade is NOT a law. It is a judicial precedent. Congress alone creates bills that must be signed by the President must then sign into law.

Judicial precedent can be reviewed and reversed. The right answer all along had been for states to decide on this topic. I’m sad that calloused leftist states are allowing for infanticide, but that is our constitution at work.

Think Lovin Life
02/01/19 8:14 am

Kelly ... as for the left’s constant need to play the victim, I agree that too is a part of their twisted rationale.

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 8:28 am

Yes, I knew that it is not law, sorry for Mis-stating.
As for being scared that it will be overturned, what I'm saying is that their actions will bring that about. If they had just left things as they had been, public opinion was (sadly) on their side. But they are losing support by becoming more extreme, and angering people who may have been against them but had grown complacent. I don't see the plus-side in poking the sleeping bear, so I was looking for one, and my theory is what I came up with.

Think Lovin Life
02/01/19 8:32 am

Kelly ... we are in total non-violent agreement!

But given this, I see the erosion of support for murdering babies as an optimistic sign. If public sentiment shifts and more babies can be saved, it would be a miracle — even if it is an unintended consequence of radical leftists’ actions!

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 8:38 am

We can only hope!

zimmy Florida
02/01/19 9:03 am

I agree with Think in that Roe v Wade can be overturned, and the Democrats in blue states are going to make abortion more accessible, cheaper and faster, in response to that. Kelly and I discussed this yesterday. Where I disagree with Think is that If Roe v Wade is overturned you will see a backlash and the pro choice movement will get bigger and stronger. Thing about Americans is when push comes to shove we don’t like our rights taken away.

Think Lovin Life
02/01/19 11:21 am

Zim ... thanks for making the contrast so stark. The difference is that most Americans do NOT agree with you. Most Americans believe you have no “right” to murder another person.

Even the majority of leftist Europeans that you leftists love to love think that your position is barbaric.

zimmy Florida
02/01/19 11:26 am

Think- that’s not my position at all. So let’s move on from there, what I am telling you is about a quarter of Americans are pro choice, a quarter pro life and the rest no opinion, if wRoe V Wade is overturned you will of course see a huge backlash, very much like the backlash you saw when Roe V Wade became fact. In fact it is already happening. Overturning Roe will actually, probably make abortions more common not less.

KellyDimples NJ
02/01/19 11:30 am

And what I'm saying is that you are now seeing a backlash against the extreme positions these leftists are currently pushing in states across the country. It goes both ways.

Think Lovin Life
02/01/19 11:33 am

Zim ... thankfully you’re wrong. Abortions have steadily dropped as more women inform themselves thereby exposing the lies of the left about the nature of the child.

If RvW were overturned there’d definitely be a wave of hysteria and outrage. You characterize that as “huge”, I disagree. In the hardcore barbaric wing of the lefty left, there’ll be outrage, but I suspect that most mature people would agree that the decision was poorly made and overstepped the bounds of the Supreme Court. Most I suspect will want these decisions made by the states — where the decision belongs.

zimmy Florida
02/01/19 11:37 am

Kelly- you are correct, absolutely!

zimmy Florida
02/01/19 11:38 am

Think- I’m thrilled there are less abortions,and I honestly hope your analysis is correct.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/01/19 4:04 pm

Think, you said:

“I think what we are witnessing is that the left is running scared. They’re afraid that the Supreme Court May reverse the precedent AND they see that support for their barbaric position is crumbling, therefore, I think they’re rushing to codify their blood thirst before they no longer have the power to do so.”

That’s EXACTLY what EVERY article I’ve read about the NY decision has said....that they’re trying to “protect” women’s “rights” before Trump has it outlawed nationally.....and that’s direct quotes from the people involved in it!

I hope you’re right, Kelly, and that they’re willing to go to birth will knock some pro-choice people to their senses and see just how far the left is willing to go and how barbaric they’ve become.