Jazzy5 USA
02/01/19 5:54 am

I tell people, “ it’s the only job, where you can be wrong multiple times, still have a job and get paid”!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/01/19 1:27 pm

EXACTLY! How do they get away with that? And as Praet said, below.....if they can’t tell you what’s going to happen in YOUR area in the next 24 hours, how are they going to tell us what’s going to happen with the climate in the next 2 decades?!

Praetorianus Fair enough.
01/31/19 7:23 pm

I can confirm the inaccuracy of weather forecasts multiple times.
A few days back, it said "plenty of sunshine" but was overcast the whole day. Several times in past years, they predicted fair weather but we had 30 hours of rain - a rainfield the size of Montana.
Imagine a heart surgeon with that kind of record.
If you want to earn money but are bad at your job, become a weatherman.
I know weather isn't climate, but if they can't predict the weather for just 24 hours, how can they expect to predict the climate for decades?

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
01/31/19 8:21 pm

Good point on that last sentence! Never thought of it that way!

What I can’t get over is my apps that tell me there is a 30% chance of rain when it is POURING DOWN! How can it not know that it’s 100% raining?!

Praetorianus Fair enough.
01/31/19 8:42 pm

Exactly! I have the AccuWeather platinum paid app and it's still wrong, even their "minutecast" 2 hour forecast is often wrong.
What they do get right is temperatures but not precipitation.
Maybe look out the window to check if it's raining 😂

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
02/01/19 1:13 pm

I don’t understand that.....it looks like temps would be harder than rain....I mean....you can SEE rain! LOL

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
01/31/19 6:27 pm

💠 Pic Poll:

Left Pic:

Shows Alexander Shunnarah, who is an Alabama lawyer who has billboards all over the state, trying to drum up business. He’s become quite a joke in AL.

Caption reads:

Feeling like a victim of false weather reporting? Call me, Alabama!

Right Pic:

Fool me once, shame you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 350,000 time, you are a weather man.

__

FYI: For those that don’t know about it, we were supposed to get snow in AL this week. Several school systems called off school and we didn’t even get flurries.