ArrowFodder January 31st, 2019 6:02am

Pro choice advocates often say that no one has the right to interfere with what a woman decides to do with “her own body”. If we are to be logically consistent with this way of thinking , when a woman opts to abort her baby she becomes an amputee .

outlaw393 Trump Train
02/03/19 12:38 pm

Amputee means they had something cut off.

Fetuses aren't cut off they are sucked out. Just a difference in definitions is all.

lj74
01/31/19 12:57 pm

And further, since a baby has different DNA and a heartbeat, it no longer “belongs” to the woman; ie. it’s no longer her body.

Diogenes Lagoa Time
01/31/19 9:01 am

I think the differentiation of what constitutes “pro-choice” must be made with the new radical legislation promoting infanticide. Most pro-choicers are against any third trimester abortions and many against second trimester in most cases. The left keeps pushing to increase the devastation of the current civil war in this country. Yes it’s occurring. No blood has been shed, but any rational conversation had been reduced to NPC chatter and non-sequiturs to hoist a particular talking point repeatedly.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
01/31/19 11:47 am

No blood has been shed? What about the blood of the MILLIONS of babies that have been murdered since 1973?!

Diogenes Lagoa Time
01/31/19 12:27 pm

Not counting that. Babies can’t change the fabric of society through rebellion. Their deaths can bolster the rebellion though.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
01/31/19 12:34 pm

Oh, ok. I was wondering! Lol

snagglepuss Story Time
01/31/19 8:39 am

Respect for life begins with the living

rons on top of the world MA
01/31/19 6:48 am

She’s messing with somebody else’s body.

Robert01 existentialist
01/31/19 6:19 am

She is a victim the creature in her body.

kscott516 Show Time
01/31/19 7:07 am

A landlord generally isn’t the parent.

Creature, huh? Is that what you consider yourself?

kscott516 Show Time
01/31/19 7:08 am

Victim of her own actions? 😂

adman4285
01/31/19 7:28 am

She provides womb and board though

Robert01 existentialist
01/31/19 8:02 am

Curious, does it offend you that I chose creature?

Robert01 existentialist
01/31/19 8:05 am

@kscott, can you really consider somebody a parent if their crotch Hobbit hasn't been born yet?

kscott516 Show Time
01/31/19 8:06 am

I don’t get offended by comments meant to arouse anger, Robert. I don’t care that you think bacteria and humans are equivalent. I ask the questions to expose you’re idiocy.

Robert01 existentialist
01/31/19 8:50 am

My statements and opinions are not meant to arouse or anger you in any way they are simply statements and opinions.

You sure do a lot of assumptions when you don't understand someone's position don't you?

Wackacrat Harford County
01/31/19 2:59 am

No one is taking her choice away, she already made it. If we wanted to take her choice away, rape would be legal. The part they don’t like is that it’s not about you anymore when you become pregnant. There is another right to life now.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
01/31/19 1:55 am

💠 ArrowFodder asked:
01/31/2019

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
01/31/19 1:56 am

Interesting point! Looking forward to what they say to this!

Wert A picture of my Tit
01/30/19 11:05 pm

And... your point is... what, again???

ArrowFodder ohio
01/30/19 11:17 pm

Logic dictates that you have to answer one way or the other . The answer you give to this question reveals what you really think about the claim that the baby is just part of the woman’s body.

TheMusicMan Still feeling the Bern
01/30/19 11:21 pm

But if it's a fetus then it's not a baby. And it is part of the woman's body - are you gonna defend that an unfertilized egg is a "baby" too next? The egg - and the fetus it becomes - are very much a part of the woman's body, but to compare it to amputation shows just how little you understand about basic biology and anatomy.

ArrowFodder ohio
01/30/19 11:31 pm

In this particular question I’m not actually saying much. The poll is designed to determine what most people think about the notion whether this is a “body” issue. Does abortion remove a part of a woman’s body like an tonsil or a kidney. Or do most people think it is something other than her body.

Wert A picture of my Tit
01/31/19 12:20 am

By that logic, a toenail clipping is amputation.

The whole question is ill-conceived.

ArrowFodder ohio
01/31/19 12:25 am

The term amputation was used for a bit of dramatic effect. Technically you are right, it’s not an amputation since it doesn’t refer to a limb. But the underlying question is still valid. And we can ask the question the way you formulated it. Is removing a baby through an abortion the same as removing a toenail ? Why or why not ?

TheMusicMan Still feeling the Bern
01/31/19 12:38 am

You keep saying "remove a baby" so I'm beginning to think you're talking about a C-section, not abortion? Aren't C-sections usually compared to - often jokingly - removing a tumor since the baby is removed rather than birthed? If you do mean removing a fetus, however, I still think that's more relatable to removing a tumor since the removal of a limb or something external is what's generally associated with amputation, and the removal of a tumor or something internal would be just that: a removal of something from inside the body.

TheMusicMan Still feeling the Bern
01/31/19 12:39 am

And because I know Wert can come up with a good joke and punchline from this, for the record, I am a tumor baby myself. Proud C-section kid.

Wert A picture of my Tit
01/31/19 12:43 am

C Major-section, I would imagine, MusicMan....

ArrowFodder ohio
01/31/19 12:52 am

We’ve established that amputation is the incorrect term. Here’s a more relevant question. At 6 weeks a baby has a heart beat in the womb. Is that 6 week old baby alive ? That question is for both of you.

TheMusicMan Still feeling the Bern
01/31/19 12:56 am

The fetus has a heartbeat, sure. Is it alive? By how you define "alive," sure. If you pick up a dictionary though, everything that's listed under "alive" are things that a fetus cannot do or be - something that only a birthed human can do. Qualities that only a human has - qualities that a fetus at 6 weeks lacks. It may have a heartbeat, but if it can't do what a baby can do or even survive on its own, until it is birthed, I'll stick with science and call it a fetus. Once it's born, there ya go: one (alive but highly docile) baby.

Wert A picture of my Tit
01/31/19 12:58 am

Of course it’s alive. It was alive at conception. It was two lives prior to that as sperm and egg. I don’t think the question is about when life begins. Grass is alive!

I think it really comes down to a judgement call, a moral opinion, and a subjective one at that. I don’t think this question will ever have a definitive answer.

TheMusicMan Still feeling the Bern
01/31/19 1:10 am

Wait, are we allowed to count past lives? Assuming the parents of the fetus believe in reincarnation?

kscott516 Show Time
01/31/19 7:10 am

So you’re equivalent to sperm? Why do I believe that?