NemoDude January 31st, 2019 1:51am

The Abrahamic God loves everyone unconditionally and nothing changes that.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
02/02/19 7:34 am

God is love. God forgives unconditionally.

CoffeeNow Fiery but peaceful rioter
01/31/19 9:21 am

Makes sense. You don’t beat other people’s kids you DONT love do you?

Robert01 existentialist
01/31/19 5:12 am

Love you like a father doesn't mean he can't be hateful towards you and does not mean he can't just dislike you.

Ssfiddler1 TheTrumpBarber
01/30/19 9:57 pm

The Bible states that God said “Jacob hath I loved but Esau hath I hated.”

handsyjo
01/30/19 7:12 pm

Has a weird way of showing it.

TheMusicMan Still feeling the Bern
01/30/19 6:56 pm

I thought he only loved his own children and literally destroyed anyone who disobeyed or didn't believe. Allegedly. Pretty vengeful and petty God, very little love from what I remember.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
01/30/19 7:13 pm

In all my observations...it seems to be that God is love and that where all the petty stuff comes in is people misinterpreting God’s will. My two cents.

Kay41 the Midwest
01/30/19 7:32 pm

I agree completely, MCW!

handsyjo
01/30/19 8:14 pm

mark1950 Columbia, South Carolina
01/30/19 8:19 pm

The God in the Old Testament, who people view as so cruel, is the same God who, before Creation, determined that Jesus’ sacrifice was the only way to save us, whom He loved. He is the same God of the New Testament.

Kay41 the Midwest
01/30/19 8:22 pm

Hands, I just don't believe that story to be true.

CoffeeNow Fiery but peaceful rioter
01/30/19 8:45 pm

“What about when God sent two bears to maul 40 kids because a couple of them made fun of a bald man?”

Ha, classic god

TheMusicMan Still feeling the Bern
01/30/19 9:11 pm

"God did some bad sh*t so I just choose not to believe that part of the bible."

Classic Christian 🙄

Kay41 the Midwest
01/30/19 9:14 pm

Hey, feel free to make fun of me all you want. I've said numerous times on this app that I don't take most of the stories in the Bible literally. I'm always consistent about that. In fact, I believe most are parables. I'm secure in my belief of that, so insult all you want.

Kay41 the Midwest
01/30/19 9:15 pm

And, I don't believe God did any bad shit. The God I believe in is a loving God and doesn't punish or hurt anyone.

TheMusicMan Still feeling the Bern
01/30/19 9:20 pm

If that's the case, then I'm glad that you believe in a loving God - I really am, no bullsh*tting you on this one - but you need to find a new religion that has THAT God, because the god of the Bible, the god of Christianity? That God isn't your God. That God is vengeful and spiteful and malevolent and petty. I've not studied enough world religions to point you in any one direction, but were I you, I'd disassociate myself from the "Christian" label as soon as possible, just for sake of argument, debate, and maintaining that you worship a truly loving God. And please spare me the "but Christianity is changing" stuff - it's changed so much that it isn't what it's book ascribes that it is. More progressive "Christians" aren't Christians at all - they need a better and more appropriate label honestly. Worship your good God - please don't stop if it works for you - but also, please don't confuse your God with the Abrahamic God. You're too good of a person to catch that flack.

Kay41 the Midwest
01/30/19 9:27 pm

That God is my God. I believe the vengeful, spiteful God as portrayed in the Bible was portrayed that way due to men who needed to scare and control the way others believe. It isn't the way God wanted to be portrayed. I know the majority of Christians don't agree with me, but I know God is loving and accepting of everyone.

TheMusicMan Still feeling the Bern
01/30/19 9:44 pm

If God didn't want to be portrayed that way though... Don't you think he would've hid those texts and had it told His way? Straight from him, no parables or contradictions or iffy scriptures? And if the men wrote it like that to have power over people, why is it not equally likely that that's the point of the rest of the Bible? The good AND the bad? Your God of love is not the Christian God. That's hard for some people to face when that's all they've known, but the God of the Bible is not how your loving God is. At all.

Kay41 the Midwest
01/30/19 9:45 pm

Sorry, I disagree with you completely. But, I don't expect you to understand. I don't really expect anyone to understand.

CoffeeNow Fiery but peaceful rioter
01/30/19 9:46 pm

Can we just all agree we’re glad Kay is not a Muslim?

TheMusicMan Still feeling the Bern
01/30/19 9:49 pm

Kay, I grew up in the church. I was raised in it. I taught in until I was an adult. I attended a private Christian School to earn my degree - in an unrelated field - but even still was required to continue religious study. I get what you're saying because I understand where you're coming from, but I'm trying to help you understand the whole truth. There's only so much you can defend the Christian god about and deny that he did before you realize either god doesnt exist or that he really is awful and not the god you do or want to serve.

Coffee, potato, potahto. All Abrahamic religions just copy, paste, and otherwise borrow or appropriate from one another or similar religions.

Kay41 the Midwest
01/30/19 9:58 pm

Well, I'm perfectly content with my beliefs and views. I am comfortable with my relationship with God and will continue to be a Christan. But, thanks for the conversation.

SnotBubble California
01/31/19 1:49 am

Personally I think God made humans and was immediately very disappointed and has been trying to kill us off ever since. But we are too stingy and he hasn’t found a way to exterminate us yet.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
01/31/19 5:41 am

I think SOH is a great example of people cherry picking bible verses to fit their need. So...in my opinion and many others outside soh, the Bible is allegorical. The stories written, to me, reflect a time when people had limited knowledge of the world let alone the world outside their enclaves. They described things in the best way they could. What you have now is a gaggle of science deniers, truth deniers, and emotionally charged people who perpetually claim to believe they know what God himself would want and it varies on the situation. They don’t care about you. They care about beating you into submission. I don’t know about the rest of you but my time on SOH has made me less receptive to religion because of the examples put out here. People living in a tiny bubble trying to tell others what they should think and believe because they have no outside perspective, is sad. We all know the guilty parties here and they have to answer for that.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
01/31/19 5:50 am

But what do I know...it’s -22° and I’m stuck in 2 feet of snow.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
01/31/19 6:26 am

And by people I obviously meant @coffeenow

CoffeeNow Fiery but peaceful rioter
01/31/19 9:14 am

“Coffee, potato, potahto”

Only in text and theory, not in application. Atheists need to abandon this idea that Christianity and Islam are the same threat in 2019. It’s not based in reality. I get it, Christianity is an easier target and white people don’t want to be called racists, but doesn’t change the facts. Islam is much more dangerous in 2019

CoffeeNow Fiery but peaceful rioter
01/31/19 9:15 am

“But what do I know...it’s -22° and I’m stuck in 2 feet of snow.”

Clearly god is punishing you. Repent oh frigid one

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
01/31/19 9:36 am

God is punishing me for challenging flat earth theory.

TheMusicMan Still feeling the Bern
01/31/19 11:35 am

If the earth is flat, why isn't the snow covering even all over? 🤔

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
01/31/19 11:37 am

Duh. Because God hates the United States! Have you paid no attention to Westboro? 😂

TheMusicMan Still feeling the Bern
01/31/19 11:42 am

If God hated the US, then explain Alaska. It's basically Canada Jr, and those Canadians are saints.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose