Show of HandsShow of Hands

HappyLez January 30th, 2019 11:33pm

GOP rejected a bill to give pay back to Federal contractors but instead wants to repeal the real estate tax that would Only Benefit the rich 1%. This GOP doesn't care at all about the remaining 99%.

13 Liked

Comments: Add Comment

presrvd Phoenix
01/31/19 8:19 am

The government doesn’t pay contracted employees directly, so this is all smoke and mirrors. The contract with a company to provide a service, that company does that service for x amount of dollars, and then hire the cheapest possible employees to keep as much of the overhead money as possible to themselves. Being that way, there’s no way to know exactly how much contracted employees are actually getting paid, and a good chunk of them sign non-disclosure agreements saying they won’t discuss it. If you pay a pool guy a monthly fee to maintain your pool, and have to temporarily cancel that (let’s say monthly) service for whatever reason (loss of job, pool remodel, etc) why would you continue to lay the pool guy? The company he works is responsible for his workload and pay, not you...

Reply
suppressedID Honor RBGs Wish
01/31/19 8:05 am

This is news, but it’s not new.


This is the GOP that has convinced 30% of Americans that they could be millionaires tomorrow...IF they just vote Republican.

Reply
chinito Florida
01/30/19 8:27 pm

How does repealing real estate tax only benefit the top 1%?

Reply
Jazzy5 USA
01/30/19 6:17 pm

How many Democrats stepped up to Pelosi to end the shut down? ZERO.

Reply
PyroSadist like my comments follow
01/30/19 5:28 pm

While I think it is entirely likely that the entire story is not being told here it is obvious that there is very huge bias in the 2 answers.

Do you have a link to substantiate your claims? And not something very far left wing let's go for something centrist

Reply
susanr Colorado
01/30/19 5:25 pm

They did WHAT?

Reply
LibArtie SW Connecticut
01/30/19 4:50 pm

Trump cancer cells have metastasized to the bowels of the GOP. Both must be eradicated for America to survive. I’m optimistic.

Reply
thatguy2 I am Antifa
01/30/19 5:15 pm

Not sure what that optimism is based on.

bartman71 USW
01/30/19 4:37 pm

Trump's business model.

Reply