DarliinggAR January 30th, 2019 10:09am

Do you believe being a mom might be the hardest job compared to actually going to a place of work every morning? Being a mom also consists of house work & children. While career outside of home you deal with bosses, co workers & outside influences

catpillow Florida West Coast
01/31/19 5:27 am

It could go either way depending on the stress level of the job, and the number, personalities and health of the children.

snagglepuss Story Time
01/30/19 9:55 pm

Being a stay at home Mom involves running a household, caring for your family, cooking, cleaning, shopping, paying bills, medical appointments, dental appointments, caring for a sick child/children. It’s 24/7 with no days off, no pay and sometimes being taken for granted.

...

Constitutionist Southern Illinois
01/30/19 8:23 pm

Combat. For some people. It would have more long term affects than being a parent. PTSD makes people do crazy things, like mass shootings.

jmw7477 Indiana
01/30/19 2:47 pm

I think it really depends on the person.

hvp828 Carolina girl
01/30/19 2:14 pm

I had a nice career as a medical sales rep before I became a stay at home mom. I find being a SAHM to be more challenging for a variety of reasons. But it’s also a lot more fulfilling. I do keep myself busy with school committees & volunteer work, so maybe I would comment differently if I weren’t a busy mom.

Radon Parts Unknown
01/30/19 8:24 am

Being a mom is not as hard as a job.

Being a good mom is the hardest and most important job on earth.

Radon Parts Unknown
01/30/19 1:46 pm

Ha no. Couldn't even if I wanted to be

Scrltt64 Ohio
01/30/19 7:03 am

I had a year off one time. I swore I once I went back I would never stay home again much more got done while I was working. When you stay home there is no end to your day plus everyone decides instead of helping out that you dont need them to do anything because you are home all day.

DonWichita Kansas
01/30/19 5:18 am

A special kudo to stay-at-home Moms and extra kudos for each child above the first baby.

TierasPet
01/30/19 4:53 am

I think it depends on what stresses you out. My sister is a stay at home mom and loves it. I was a working mother who also went to school and I loved that. Both of us are happy but our lives are very different.

CrazDab Florida
01/30/19 4:21 am

If you wanna live to be old, stay at home. Less stress. But if you wanna die young, stress yourself out and work outside of the house.

Jazzy5 USA
01/30/19 7:01 am

I have done both. Work was easier. If you think parenting is a piece of cake, think again.

DarliinggAR old bridge
01/30/19 3:11 am

Both have ups an downs but I feel like getting out of the house is more of a upside. I feel like everyday cleaning laundry cooking children an not leaving could take a toll on a person

MrsCrayonWax Kathys Klown
01/30/19 10:45 am

It does. It takes a mental and emotional toll. Many stay at homes won’t talk about that.