Show Of Hands January 30th, 2019 5:40am

Should we eliminate private health insurance in favor of a public "Medicare-for-all" system?

patriot321
02/04/19 8:20 pm

Screw you selfish democrats wanting me to support your lazy asses! Make better life choices and work hard and maybe my insurance will go back down. Nobody owes you shit!

blizzard42
02/01/19 12:43 pm

So socialists get it to kill the baby the day before it's born, and not go to jail and don't have to pay for it?

bkro37 existential crisis
02/02/19 9:20 am

Late trimester abortions are illegal except for if the fetus is already dead or the mothers life is in danger

raidadave Washington
02/03/19 10:49 am

Way to research the law. (Sarcasm)

castor new Jersey
02/06/19 6:54 pm

False, they are many other reasons, some are really big loop whole, specially "mental health"

xen Maryland
02/01/19 4:15 am

If you ensure it is ONLY acessable to those that pay into the system and those that live unhealthy lifestyles are taxed more that those that live healthy lifestyles, then sure

Cheif
01/31/19 8:11 am

Um, yeah, Medicare is great, I’m trying to figure out why people would rather pay giant deductibles, copays, and monthly payments plus overage🤷‍♀️

bbkkanderson
02/01/19 10:42 am

Probably because I’d rather pay what I use instead of being taxed even more than I am today so everyone can have healthcare. In Canada they pay 50% property tax for health care and even then (according to the cab driver I had while in Canada) if you have a major illness like a heart condition you’ll likely die before you get care. Our government goones can’t even run our government properly how in this world do you expect them to run healthcare. Always remember, nothing is free we still pay it’s just a matter of by what method, tax or out of pocket. Of course if you’re one of the 48% who pay ZERO taxes I guess you’d love Medicare for all.

Cheif
02/01/19 12:55 pm

You don’t know what I do or don’t pay, that’s a lofty assumption.

bbkkanderson
02/01/19 4:14 pm

Notice the word IF. I didn’t assume you pay or don’t pay. Don’t wear your feeling on your shoulder, make you look bad.

Theoxilus Wibbly wobbly timey wimey
01/31/19 1:42 am

I'd be fine with eliminating Medicare/Medicaid.

jacdaniel
01/31/19 9:29 am

Until you turn 65 and find out how much your premium is for health insurance. Here is a clue. 62 year old man, $5000 deductible, premium $900 per month.

bbkkanderson
02/01/19 10:49 am

I love Medicare for the elderly but not government health care for all. I’m fine with my tax dollars going toward assistance for older people and those who can’t take care of themselves. However for the rest healthcare is a benefit. I can’t help it if you are to lazy to work or too stupid to continue to look for better employment as a younger American and I certainly do not want my taxes paying for people in my county illegally to have healthcare for any reason.

Annabelle41 Michigan
01/30/19 11:50 pm

Stupid stupid stupid idea. It would cost over 3.6 trillion a year. We can’t even get the VA right with a couple thousand veterans let alone 320 million. Democrats are so stupid thinking this would even work.

Jazzy5 USA
01/31/19 8:36 am

Annabelle: these kids think this is the magic bullet..
I saw people say, tax the rich to pay for it..
The rich will get out of dodge.

Cheif
01/31/19 9:39 am

Works perfectly fine for the elderly and people on SSDI. I haven’t run into a non Medicare doctor yet, and I see a lot of doctors and specialists.

Annabelle41 Michigan
01/31/19 3:26 pm

Katyl I had to change doctors because of Obamacare. Don’t tell me all doctors accept all Medicare people or all insurance They DONT and it would get worse.

Cheif
01/31/19 3:49 pm

I’m not, I don’t know all doctors and I wasn’t talking about the ACA. The question was about Medicare/Medicaid. I’m on Medicare, and, as I said, I’ve never had a doctor turn me down or even blink an eye. The costs tiny, my deductible is paid by the end of January and the monthly payment is just under 200$. Works for me. After I meet my deductible I don’t have to pay copays or anything else, but if that doesn’t sound good to you, don’t ruin it for the rest of America that’s tired of being run by the insurance scam.

Annabelle41 Michigan
01/31/19 4:01 pm

ACA was government run and so is the VA. Neither works. Most doctors don’t accept Medicare patients. If 320 million people get on it who is going to pay for it and most doctors will quit. Paying $200 a month for good health care is not a believable scenario. Just doesn’t add up and definitely not possible.

Cheif
01/31/19 5:37 pm

The ACA was not government run healthcare 😂. I Good lord, if people that spent all that time in medical school want to quit for no reason they shouldn’t be in the job to begin with. I have never ever had a single doctor turn my Medicare away, most doctors like it because it’s fees are all already built it and easily filed but, ok. And it would be paid for quite easily, without insurance companies forcing doctors and hospitals to charge exorbitant costs, medical costs would come into line. Since people wouldn’t have to pay 400-800$ a month or more, in medical payments, plus 5000-8000 dollar deductibles, every one could afford a two percent increase in social security taxes. You’d have medical care without worry and extra money in your pocket. But hey, I only like to make sense and think about my fellow Americans, my medical is covered.

Annabelle41 Michigan
01/31/19 6:25 pm

Won’t work. My friend from Canada waited 2 years for a knee replacement. It will be worse for US

Jazzy5 USA
02/01/19 5:51 am

My grandmother lived in NJ. My cousin, (an idiot) permitted a doctor to treat her, that did not take Medicare!!! My Mother spent thousands to pay his bill.

mantana
01/30/19 9:59 pm

We should work toward UBI so we can eliminate lots of social programs

leader77 California
01/30/19 8:23 pm

😂🤣😂🤣😅🤣😂🤣 ahhhh stupid Dems

mantana
01/30/19 9:59 pm

Your overuse of emojis really sell your point

Runescape Arizona
01/30/19 11:13 pm

You must hate your life having to live California

Runescape Arizona
01/30/19 11:13 pm

In California*

fotoguy22 Florida
01/30/19 6:59 pm

Here is the quick, easy, sure-fire was to tell Medicare for all is a horrible idea: the dems are the ONLY demographic in this poll who support it. That’s all you need to know.

JMG Raleigh, NC
01/30/19 6:36 pm

Hate to be difficult. If not publicly administered, then a hybrid that has industry insurers bidding with the government to administer payments to providers. Prices are negotiated with a single entity.

DTinCA Insert Tagline Here
02/02/19 12:11 am

That’s sort of how Advantage plans work. Insurers like Kaiser and Blue Shield administer Medicare sted of the govt and also offer additional coverage for additional premiums. Best of both worlds and already in place.

JMG Raleigh, NC
02/02/19 11:40 pm

I agree, just expand it and use market forces where they work to create cost advantages to the consumer.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
01/30/19 6:34 pm

bye bye strong economy.

Amaranth Iowa
01/30/19 6:00 pm

Medicare doesnt even improve patient outcomes over the uninsured. If you want to drastically lower the US life expectancy, this is EXACTLY how you would do it.

kman279 Philadelphia
01/30/19 7:57 pm

Why would we not take ideas from other countries that have better life expectancies than us?

Amaranth Iowa
01/30/19 8:14 pm

The same reason you dont start smoking a pack a day just because someone whose 100 years old does it.

Politikalgenie Yucaipa, CA
01/30/19 8:51 pm

Because the American public has been brainwashed by the propaganda of the wealthy capitalist class. They sell the public their own ideology and convince Americans that what’s good for the rich is good for them. Ever since FDR enacted social security, and the new deal, the wealthy business interests made it their mission to destroy that legacy. A big propaganda campaign was to demonize socialism, so they did the Red Scare.

DJ13
01/30/19 9:11 pm

Exactly, genie....

kman279 Philadelphia
01/31/19 8:27 am

Amarantos your point was that life expectancy would go down by all the other countries that have it have higher life expectancies.

Cheif
02/01/19 7:58 am

Gee that couldn’t be because the only people who currently are on Medicare are the elderly and disabled. 🙄

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
01/30/19 5:49 pm

I prefer my private insurance. I pay a lot for it, but I prefer that over anything else. My husband pays for private insurance as well vs going to the VA (which he is allowed to do). If Gov run healthcare is amazing, why do so many vets choose private insurance?

theNobamist Silicon Valley
01/30/19 6:34 pm

How dare you want choice! 😜 We're dealing with the radical left, where there is only one choice.

Cheif
02/01/19 8:00 am

I’m on Medicare and I choose what doctors I see🤷‍♀️.

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
03/06/19 7:07 pm

The VA is much stricter about doctors. My husband refuses to use the VA for his back issues that he got while in service (he was Airborne in the Army). That tells me a lot about federal run hospitals. Medicare you still see private doctors. VA is almost always VA doctors and at times requests for referrals for procedures are denied bc the VA doesn’t have a code for it in their system. The wait times at some of the VAs are horrendous, care is low, and it’s a drug you up mentality. He pays for insurance vs using what he actually has earned through being in the army.

Cheif
03/07/19 6:39 am

I’m not sure where you were going with your comment. All you did was show how poorly soldiers are treated, which is an ongoing problem that I’m not going to argue with and is separate from Universal Healthcare. America pumps up young middle and lower class people to fight its imperialistic wars and then sends them back home with little to no support.

Tariq88 Utah
01/30/19 5:06 pm

I read the question. Yes that sounds OK.

Tariq88 Utah
01/30/19 5:06 pm

I read the question wrong*

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
01/30/19 4:54 pm

MCFA is a terrible idea. It is however, better than for private health insurance. I chose yes, but in all honesty neither if there's two would be my choice.

ikeurban21 B L C
01/30/19 4:34 pm

How bout ban insurance corporations so we can have the greatest healthcare economy in the world

SoHRepublicans are right
01/30/19 4:11 pm

Anything is better than the system we have now, which is a mix of private healthcare and single-payer. Though I would prefer a private healthcare system.

Diknak Ohio
01/30/19 3:34 pm

In the long run, yes (for the most part). In the short term, let people buy into Medicare. If the private sector can do it better, like all of the conservatives tell me, then I'm sure they won't mind the option.

texkat
01/30/19 3:06 pm

Omg NO! The government cant run anything. It wont be free for everyone. Just those on welfare and medicaid. The rest of us will pay big premiums to cover them. Medicare is not free now. There is a monthly premium and its about $130 a month. Then you have to pay extra for prescription medicare. So anyone that thinks it will be free better stop and think. Someone will be paying for it...you!

Diknak Ohio
01/30/19 3:35 pm

No one is asking for it for free...the Medicare for all agenda is to buy into it.

Pres Long Island
01/30/19 3:04 pm

Look at all of the other countries that have free healthcare. None of them have went back to their old ways.

nate19 WI
01/30/19 4:01 pm

Non of them have our population, and they also have us paying the majority of their military bill, if not all of it. Which gives them more money for that kind of thing.

GARYJ Libertarian
01/31/19 3:47 am

Why are we responsible for someone else’s military when we have thousands of Americans going bankrupt due to healthcare costs?

nate19 WI
01/31/19 5:19 am

Good question. possibly because they are so small they would just get taken over within 48 hours of us not helping them 🤣

centexken Republic of Texas
01/30/19 2:17 pm

For those that said yes how do you like waiting in line at the DMV? That is how government will run health care.

Diknak Ohio
01/30/19 3:35 pm

People on Medicare are very happy with their service...

nate19 WI
01/30/19 4:01 pm

Not every single citizen is in Medicare.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
01/30/19 2:04 pm

Sure. Don't support either in isolation, but public healthcare is preferable to private healthcare, generally, although the benefit may be exaggerated without broader critique of capitalism.

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
01/30/19 1:39 pm

It’s already screwed up by Federal Govt./Obamacare❗️Pass Cost overcharge Laws on meds & medical costs & keep the Government out of the rest, let the competitive market keep prices down & services up‼️

unforgivnn
01/30/19 1:30 pm

Remove government regulations and requirements for coverage. Decouple insurance from employment entirely. Get ride of PPO and HMO and just have a high deductible health plan for all. Make it easy to establish a pre-tax HSA that can be used to cover the deductible.

A $20 copay leads to higher premiums. Imagine if you could get four new tires for $5/tire (as a copay). Obviously there would be a high premium to cover the cost of tires as people would buy new tires far more often, whether they truly need them or not. The same is true with healthcare. If people pay $X out of pocket before insurance kicks in, they’ll be far less likely to go to the doctor when they don’t need to. Demand will decrease and the amount of money insurance companies pays out will decrease. Thus, premiums will decrease.

JudicialJedi321 This is How Liberty Dies
01/30/19 1:13 pm

We should eliminate the government regulations that are in the way of affordable private healthcare.

unforgivnn
01/30/19 1:23 pm

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Completely agree. The biggest barrier to affordable healthcare is government. Last thing we need is more government in healthcare.

BlackC
01/30/19 12:35 pm

FYI Medicare already uses private insurance already if someone wants an Advantage or Supplement program on top of Parts A and B that are primarily to cover medical big ticket items.

badattitude no place like home
01/30/19 12:37 pm

Good point BlackC. So we shouldn’t completely eliminate private insurance.

BlackC
01/30/19 1:55 pm

Let private companies administer to fed rules

DTinCA Insert Tagline Here
02/02/19 12:19 am

Yes. Kaiser, Blue Shield, etc all have Advantage plans. They administer Medicare for the govt. You can even get better plans for higher premiums (which you can’t get from the feds). Great solution and already in place. AND my husband’s advantage plan premium went down in 2018! How often does that happen?

Liberty Lets Use Logic
01/30/19 12:09 pm

Only if you wanna die early, haha.

ProperQuestions Reductio ad absurdum
01/30/19 11:45 am

Why are we directing our anger and precieved issues towards INSURANCE. INSURANCE covers the cost of HEALTH CARE. Insurance is not the problem, its the inflated cost of healthcare is the problem. Why don't we fix the problem at the source, rather then "out lefting" an "opponent". Wake up people, INSURANCE is political; HEALTH CARE is real.

BlackC
01/30/19 12:37 pm

Well partially true but paying $1200 -1800 a month on private insurance and high drugs is not available option to all

Ebola007 Florida
01/30/19 12:44 pm

Insurance is one of the primary causes of the high cost of healthcare along with big pharma and legal.

theNobamist Silicon Valley
01/30/19 2:27 pm

Legal.
Tort reform is a must!

ProperQuestions Reductio ad absurdum
01/30/19 4:08 pm

Its is 100% true. Not partially. Try having to pay for health care without insurance perhaps. In fact, the main cause of our inflation is due to healthcare costs since 1970. Its one of the reasons why is so difficult o live responsibly as a millineal. Also, if government were to provide insurance to all, there will be no limit to the actual costs of health care expenditures or what a health provider can charge.

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
01/31/19 1:16 am

Hear hear for tort reform

grantnj
01/30/19 11:44 am

hell no

EatMoreMeat Counting the Fallacies
01/30/19 11:14 am

1.) Elimination of a private institution by the government is pure fucking tyranny.

2.) The healthcare triple threat: universality, quality, affordability - pick two

3.) The US is one of the best healthcare innovation leaders. All the countries with socialized medicine are beneficiaries of our system. When you undoubtedly hinder the quality and innovation of the US healthcare, you’re not only hurting the US healthcare quality, but all of the dependent beneficiary countries that have socialized systems. That’s a lose-lose

4.) Healthcare is not a right

5.) The thought the government can run more efficiently than a private company is incredibly naive. What would a government shut down to to the medical field?

6.) You will wait absolutely forever to receive care. My friend’s grandfather died at the hands of Canada’s healthcare system because “it wasn’t his turn in line yet.”

01/30/19 11:25 am

Thank god somebody is smoking crack like democrats do

01/30/19 11:27 am

Isn't

Where the effing hell is the edit button in this place. I hate auto correct

badattitude no place like home
01/30/19 12:40 pm

Thank you for saying that healthcare isn’t a right. Rand Paul had it right when he said that if you make healthcare a right then you’re enslaving doctors to care for you for free.

EatMoreMeat Counting the Fallacies
01/30/19 12:56 pm

“Rights” = shit liberals want for free

“Free” = paid for by taxpayers

Zheeeem
01/30/19 10:54 am

Why can’t we have both?

nate19 WI
01/30/19 4:05 pm

How would that work? Raise everyone's taxes so people who want "free health Care" can have it, but if they don't let them also pay for insurance on top of the tax hike? I'm assuming this is not what you mean.

Zheeeem
01/31/19 10:48 am

No. Private insurance to cover anything not covered by Medicare.

nate19 WI
01/31/19 10:51 am

I see. But that's still very expensive. And similar to what I described.

01/30/19 10:51 am

Trump is the only hope, if he doesn't get reelected and then Mikey doesn't win after him, this country is effing doomed, plain and simple. Who is gonna stand up for your rights when the conservatives are gone and this is. Socialist country, NO ONE ANYWHERE ON THIS PLANET

01/30/19 10:46 am

What is proven is people live off the backs of others, proven by the last beautiful government shutdown, that should have lasted forever. We you're a slave to the grind your at the will of others and goddAmmit people in government don't care about you, they are 99 percent criminals, that's why they are doing it, TOO STEAL MONEY FROM DUMBASSES LIKE 98 percent of this country....get real peoples

cowboy Terra firma
01/30/19 10:43 am

Lol. And SOH claims to be non-biased while pushing a Marxist agenda. 🙄

handsyjo
01/30/19 10:45 am

With being insulting or demeaning or deflective, I'm wondering if you can explain how this poll is biased or pushing an agenda?

cowboy Terra firma
01/30/19 10:49 am

You’re joking, right?

handsyjo
01/30/19 10:53 am

Nope. Please explain how this is biased or pushing an agenda

cowboy Terra firma
01/30/19 10:57 am

It is pushing the Democrat’s agenda, which is Marxism, by abolishing Capitalism.

handsyjo
01/30/19 10:59 am

How...

handsyjo
01/30/19 11:00 am

I'm completely aware of your stance... I'm asking how is asking a poll over which they prefer, pushing an agenda? Is the wording biased? What?

cowboy Terra firma
01/30/19 11:04 am

I already told you how.

Diknak Ohio
01/30/19 3:36 pm

How is asking a non biased question pushing an agenda?

cowboy Terra firma
01/30/19 3:40 pm

Public education really is awful.

Lol. “Non-biased question” I already told you how.

moldypipes99 NOBLE WHITE MALE
01/30/19 10:39 am

If this is approved :

Patient- doc what the wait time for that ultrasound my wife needs?

Doc- 14 months.

Patient- what if it is a tumor and keeps growing?

Doc- as the libs who wanted this system.

handsyjo
01/30/19 10:47 am

Sounds more like a fox news viewer fever dream not based on reality. coming from someone with actual experience in a universal healthcare system

badattitude no place like home
01/30/19 1:11 pm

I just heard a story about people paying to go to the veterinarian to get an MRI immediately because the wait at the hospital was 6 months. Last time I checked, and it’s been awhile, Canada had 3 MRI machines. Sacramento has 3 on one corner.

handsyjo
01/30/19 4:06 pm

I don't know where you heard that... But it's a lie..
Yes you wait longer if it's a non emergency but you still are seen quickly... Like I'm guessing not even you believe there is only 3 in the entire country. Like that's ridiculous. But also 6 months is also crazy the longest I waited was 2 days and that's because it was a non emergency and I didn't even really need it, it was just to confirm a diagnosis.

kscott516 Make America Great Again
01/30/19 4:29 pm

Breck is correct. I sell to hospitals and have many nurses here that have moved from Canada. I’ve heard firsthand that the MRIs essentially travel and obviously can only accommodate so many patients in a day so they wait for many months. It’s 100% true that the wait times would be so much longer, months to even years. Innovation would decrease.

handsyjo
01/30/19 4:47 pm

I'm telling you first hand... It's not true...my wife worked in hospital administration in Toronto

handsyjo
01/30/19 5:05 pm

Patients who should be scanned within a target time of 2 days

Waited on average

1Days

97% of patients were scanned within target time

www.hqontario.ca/System-Performance/Wait-Times-for-Diagnostic-Imaging?utm_source=Ontario.ca&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=WT%20Referral

handsyjo
01/30/19 5:07 pm

Hmm who should I believe here... My own experience or someone who's never experienced it themselves and is going off of "stories" they heard..

JamesMaxwell Arizona
02/03/19 2:47 pm

Still looking into who the Fraser Institute really is but they claim to have been doing this for 20years.

BadSeed Oregon
01/30/19 10:36 am

Private Insurers have been ripping us off and sometimes killing us! Obama care is not affordable to most Americans. Instead of paying into a system that doesn't fix inherent problems it would be better to pay into Medicare that we know works. Congress gets Medicare Insurance! So should we!

bigray Where Truth Rules
01/30/19 10:53 am

So you think the government with a 22+TRILLION DOLLAR debt and 100+TRILLION DOLLARs of unfunded liability isn’t ripping us off???

nate19 WI
01/30/19 10:32 am

I'm seeing all these ideas that if you get rid of insurance companies we'll still be paying the same. There's something all you guys who said yes are forgetting. The amount of people going to the hospital will be much much higher than it currently is. People will be going in for everything because "it's free". This by itself will significantly rise costs, let alone wait times.

thelowend imitation is flattery
01/30/19 2:58 pm

people are already going in for everything - you haven’t been to an urgent care clinic lately?

DTinCA Insert Tagline Here
02/02/19 12:29 am

Where did this idea that Medicare-for-all would be free come from?

moldypipes99 NOBLE WHITE MALE
01/30/19 10:27 am

Aren’t the democrats always saying they r for jobs. If u eliminate all health insurance companies , that would be at least a couple million jobs lost I bet. Probably more.

Dufur30 Oregonian
01/30/19 11:31 am

Health insurance companies are a middle man who increases our cost; they have to give out less while taking in premiums to pay the workers and take a profit. I don’t care if we lose irrelevant jobs. How is paying for something that isn’t needed, any different a government just giving the people free money? Oh because they do a “something”, regardless if it is not necessary? There will be job loss with any transition; but with a more efficient health care system there will be a shift, from insurance workers to healthcare workers. We need a healthcare expansion to deal with the increase demand. We need more nurses, doctors and clinics. Also, giving people preventative care will lead to savings in health care as a whole. Insurance companies don’t think long term. We need healthy people to grow our workforce, especially if we slow immigration. Also, if someone needs a knee replacement but can’t get one, that’s one less healthy worker, and a likely social security disability recipient.

moldypipes99 NOBLE WHITE MALE
01/30/19 3:32 pm

Ok then don’t go through your so called middle man and just pay cash for every doc visit and x ray and surgery, and physical therapy, and everything else. Then see how much more u pay due to not getting the negotiated prices insurances companies get on behalf of their members.

Dufur30 Oregonian
01/30/19 6:01 pm

You are saying the alternative is nothing. Insurance is better than nothing. But the alternative wouldn’t be nothing, it would be Medicare; which is the most cost effective and very popular. The bigger pool would also have power to negotiate better prices and expand services.

Jerbehr queens
01/30/19 10:10 am

“Medicare-for-all” is buzzword, not policy

taumpy Massachusetts
01/30/19 10:08 am

Private medical insurance is a scam. Even if “Medicare for all” isn’t the solution, we should of course abolish it.

timeout Boston Strong
01/30/19 10:07 am

Yes, or at least offer a government option and attach that to the ACA.

01/30/19 10:11 am

Another person from California suffering from pollution. And your the fruitcakes that think your saving the world...lmao

01/30/19 10:13 am

Sorry Boston just as bad...at least you can smoke pot now

jakob1005 Virginia
01/30/19 9:47 am

When did democrats become socialist?

jakob1005 Virginia
01/30/19 9:47 am

Btw that’s not rhetorical. I want a solid answer.

01/30/19 10:03 am

Tax and spend made them socialist. All democrats should get a free trip to the middle of the Pacific Ocean on a sinking ship, democrats are the scum of this country

taumpy Massachusetts
01/30/19 10:10 am

Democrats are socialists. Many of them are Social Democrats, but that’s hardly the same thing.

When they start using the phrases “means of production”, “alienation of labor”, and such then they’ll be a bit closer.

taumpy Massachusetts
01/30/19 10:11 am

Are not socialists. Damn inability to edit comments here.

Diogenes BarryB Rules
01/30/19 9:34 am

Good luck with that!

GlockMan1 Alabama
01/30/19 9:22 am

82% of the voting Democrats on SOH said yes. Go figure🤪🤪🤪

DJ13
01/30/19 9:25 pm

95% of republicans choose money/profits over life/health. Go figure.....

farenorth swimmingly
01/30/19 9:10 am

Basic, preventative care should be public as it reduces total healthcare costs in the long term. And I mean, if we're championing "citizens first" philosophy, we need to be actually taking care of our people. Anything above that could be privatized and competition will keep costs reasonable, so long as there is oversight to prevent monopolies.

moldypipes99 NOBLE WHITE MALE
01/30/19 10:34 am

Then the frenzie would Begin on what would qualify as “ normal or preventative care or basic care”. Get out the kickbacks and beauxrats lobbying for that. Holy sh!t

NDAmerican WV Escapee
01/30/19 9:09 am

We need less regulation of our health insurance market not more.

Dufur30 Oregonian
01/30/19 11:47 am

We don’t need health insurance. Insurance is for something that may or may not happen; like flood, earthquake, auto or boat insurance. But health is universal; everyone is human, gets sick and will die. A strong country is one that has a healthy population and workforce. We don’t need government to take part in manufacturing, but there are areas which government is needed as the private sector isn’t good at; like roads, preK education, firefighters, police officers etc.

I have a good job and health insurance; they collect my money, but if I got real sick and lost my job, I’d lose my insurance. After losing everything, I’d probably get Medicare/Medicaid; so the public would be paying for my treatment; all while insurance companies took my money in my healthy years, and then ran. How F’d is that?

Dufur30 Oregonian
01/30/19 11:52 am

But one of my reasons for supporting a Medicare for all; beside the efficiency, is from an economic point of view. It would be easier for small business to compete with corporations if they didn’t have to provide health insurance. I think business would boom without dealing with the burden of having to provide health insurance. My employer pays $1500 a month for my insurance; just image if they no longer had that expense. They would use that money to give raises or hire more people.

catpillow Florida West Coast
01/30/19 8:37 am

No. Many people with Medicare choose to buy supplemental insurance.

catpillow Florida West Coast
01/30/19 10:12 am

Me too! I don’t want to give it up, either.

01/30/19 8:27 am

The problem is half the counties mentally ill. Over half the voters last election voted for a criminal to put in office?!? And then Florida voters are mentally ill also, they tried to vote in that Dirty Negro, that is a criminal also. What the fuck is wrong with people. GREED AND LAZINESS PEOPLES

farenorth swimmingly
01/30/19 9:12 am

They're both criminals. Who are you kidding lol. Greed and laziness are big issues, so is ignorance and bias.

taumpy Massachusetts
01/30/19 10:12 am

Oops grandpa’s off his meds again. Too bad they cost so much. ☹️

01/30/19 10:15 am

Oh a fruitcake from the shitty state of Massachusetts...your the definition of dems gone over board. We have a free trip anywhere you wanna go as long as it's outta this country, puke.

taumpy Massachusetts
01/30/19 2:10 pm

Also lol it’s cute when people from Florida badmouth other states. I mean, why are we shittier than you, exactly? Higher standard of living? Better education? Better longevity? I mean I hate to kick a guy when he is.... clearly down, but cmon pal. Be real here.

01/30/19 2:13 pm

Your from a liberal shithole. And all liberals suck ass

taumpy Massachusetts
01/30/19 2:17 pm

If not for liberals, this country wouldn’t exist at all. Thank you, Thomas Jefferson.

(I’m of course using the actual definition of a liberal here, as opposed to the dumb-dumb vernacular meaning you doubt ascribe to that roughly translates to: someone who disagrees with me)

taumpy Massachusetts
01/30/19 2:18 pm

Also, again, you’re*.

01/30/19 2:22 pm

Get your facts straight. TJ would have hung liberals from tree. Typical lib clueless

And I don't need your corrections, I'm on an iPad and I don't give a shit if it's wrong, I have a masters degree in English betcha

01/30/19 2:23 pm

From those liberal pukes NYU

taumpy Massachusetts
01/30/19 2:35 pm

Funny how ranting elderlies always have these extensive educations but don’t seem to be able to string coherent sentences together.

Anyway, of course Jefferson was a liberal. Considering he was well versed in enlightenment thinking and fit quite well with Locke et al. That’s John Locke, Mr. Masters. You know, “the father of Liberlism”

01/30/19 2:41 pm

I'm 39 moron. Still got the facts wrong you effing POS

DTinCA Insert Tagline Here
02/02/19 12:38 am

I’m still trying to figure out who the “Dirty Negro” is. Wtf?