gunluvr January 30th, 2019 12:09am

Does your Church, Synagogue or Place or Worship have a security team ? See link

ronderman North Carolina
02/01/19 8:12 pm

At least one uniformed officer is on campus during events.

We also have a volunteer team that walks the halls.

On top of that, I can name several names who conceal carry (including me).

credo Vote your conscience
01/31/19 7:41 pm

Yes, and more than a few of those church ladies have pistols on their purses too.

auntiesamm Orange County CA
01/30/19 2:36 pm

Saddleback Church near me is huge. I attended there for several years. I imagine there is security tho’ not obvious.

MannIsMe COVID Dont Surf
01/30/19 11:48 am

Only if you count God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.

shygal47 Florida east coast
01/30/19 9:37 am

Sadly, yes.
Kinda defeats the purpose of learning about faith and trust.

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
01/30/19 1:07 pm

How is that ? I would think if you feel safer, you are able focus on learning about faith ?

shygal47 Florida east coast
01/30/19 1:32 pm

Obviously you have a far different idea of attending church than I do. I don’t go to church to feel safe ... I go to church to be inspired to be a better, kinder person. If you turn away a stranger (or worse, threaten him), aren’t you disregarding the admonition to welcome all because you may be entertaining angels in disguise?
So, I guess our intentions for a spiritual experience among friends are different. Your intention is to teach, my intention is to share.

shygal47 Florida east coast
01/30/19 1:34 pm

Ah - I see what your reference is ... my comment about learning faith and trust —- I meant as role models for little kids that are sponges of experience but no words do yet to comprehend context.

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
01/30/19 1:54 pm

Our Synagogue had a shooter with an AK-47 in 1997... what I am referring to is it would be very hard to concentrate on any teaching if you are worried someone may attack your Church or Synagogue.

Also, review Luke 22:35-36...the Lord wasn’t against arming and protecting yourself .... what our team does is use cameras, and folks around the building to make sure any threats are immediately recognized, and the 2 police officers on site are notified. We are the “eyes and ears” for the officers at our Synagogue . We have radios that can immediately call on the officers if needed ...

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
01/30/19 1:54 pm

..notify the team if help is needed

shygal47 Florida east coast
01/30/19 2:26 pm

Hebrews 13:2
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
01/30/19 4:58 pm

We welcome everyone at our Synagogue... what out team does is watch for folks that want to do us harm... these things are not mutually exclusive ... we can do both ...

spring27
01/30/19 12:10 am

Mine too. All of the ushers.

Suzan Hawaii
01/29/19 7:45 pm

A crazy man walked up the pulpit and told my pastor he was going to shoot him to prove that Satan is stronger. He shot of the pastor six times. All six shots missed. He was taken down by high school football player. He spent time in an insane asylum. And then he killed himself once out of the mental hospital.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
01/29/19 6:44 pm

No, our church isn’t big enough to have any teams of any kind. But hubby has been to an active shooter conference, to learn how to deal with emergency situations, and has taught our members what he learned at that.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
01/29/19 7:05 pm

No. It was more about how to passively protect people.

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
01/29/19 7:11 pm

Does the SBC have any restrictions on Pastors carrying ? Just curious ?

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
01/29/19 7:15 pm

No. The SBC isn’t set up that way. Every church is autonomous....hiring their own pastors, making their own constitution and by-laws, deciding how they will run their churches and their services.

The SBC is a denomination made up of Southern Baptist churches that decide to cooperate with local associations, state board of missions, and the SBC. We decide how much percentage of our receipts we give to these causes. Most churches try to give 10% to the Cooperative Program, which then metes that money out to our universities, seminaries, missionaries, world hunger relief, disaster relief, ministries to orphans, and other ministries.

political Georgia
01/29/19 5:43 pm

I mean kinda, some of our members carry a gun.

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
01/29/19 5:10 pm

Yes, I am a member of the team ...