suppressedID January 29th, 2019 4:29pm

After being showcased on the White House lawn in 2017, Harley-Davidson’s profits have been wiped out by President Trump’s tariffs.

Suzan Hawaii
01/29/19 7:54 pm

They are the ones that wanted to produce in another country and not America. Their choice

Krystina Live and Let Live
01/29/19 2:18 pm

I don’t understand this article. It’s got a big headline about tariffs wiping out their profits and then doesn’t seem to support that claim in the text at all.

sea California
01/29/19 12:08 pm

As if you care about them?

suppressedID I cant breathe
01/29/19 12:09 pm

That changes the situation how?

I get it, you don’t like the implications.

sea California
01/29/19 1:55 pm

It doesn’t. You are pretending like it matters though.

ozzy
01/29/19 11:46 am

Can’t blame trump. HD has made some really bad decisions

suppressedID I cant breathe
01/29/19 12:08 pm

Like trying to expand their products abroad and lowering their operating costs?

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
01/29/19 11:24 am

He's running the country the way he runs his businesses.....we're in Deep Trouble...😱

liddleTrump trump is liddle
01/29/19 9:50 am

One more “winning” move by Trumptard. Trumptard, you know, the guy that backed down on the government closure. 😂

zimmy Florida
01/29/19 9:34 am

The question is? are they going to still support and vote for him? I say yes, the Trump cult runs very deep!

Jerbehr queens
01/29/19 9:36 am

The bikers don’t even like Harley anymore bc they been making the parts overseas for years

suppressedID I cant breathe
01/29/19 12:08 pm

Fair enough @Zimmy I generally don’t do FYI polls, but this one struck me because of how Trump has yo-yo’ed on Harley Davidson (like other industries).

suppressedID I cant breathe
01/29/19 9:30 am

Q:

kscott516 Show Time
01/29/19 10:01 am

You should learn to read your articles before posting:

“Trump attacked Harley last year after it announced plans to shift some U.S. production overseas to sidestep levies imposed by the European Union. But the motorcycle maker has more than tariffs and angry tweets to blame for its performance. U.S. retail sales tumbled 10 percent in the three months ended in December, the eighth consecutive quarterly drop. Chief Executive Officer Matt Levatich is having trouble attracting younger riders and plans to offer cheaper bikes and sell more clothing and gear -- including on Amazon -- to reach new customers.”

suppressedID I cant breathe
01/29/19 10:03 am

I read it. It shows how mercurial he is and how ill-thought out his policies are. All of that in 3 years. He doesn’t care about the companies, he cares about his next photo-op.

How’s the coal industry doing?

kscott516 Show Time
01/29/19 10:30 am

Except it clearly says their problems are due to attracting customers. It also says that demand in Europe and Asia has dropped despite them moving production overseas, which eliminates jobs here. But clearly you don’t care about those Americans that lost those jobs, right? Just whether the HD corporation hit its projections? Who cares about the workers?

Did you see the EU imposed tariffs too?

suppressedID I cant breathe
01/29/19 1:35 pm

Yes. That’s the problem with Trade Wars. Trump wants to support HD as long as they build American FOR Americans. But that’s been shown to NOT be sustainable. He just doesn’t like the idea that it’s not an easy answer.

Let’s just *say* he’s a good businessman. He’s only been running his business for HIM. He simply doesn’t know how to work in an interconnected - global - economy. And the idea that the US can go it on its own now is absurd.

kscott516 Show Time
01/29/19 1:40 pm

HD is not the only company in the US. We can’t keep having unilateral trade deals that hurt the US economy directly and indirectly through foreign icu tries ripping off our products with zero retribution. It’s about making stronger as a whole and a leader in manufacturing again. It was our manufacturing that allowed us to grow the middle class during WWII.

suppressedID I cant breathe
01/29/19 1:42 pm

Dude, you don’t have to sell me on that idea. I’m not the one trying to play kingmaker by cherrypicking industries and companies to buy votes to to plan my next photo op.

kscott516 Show Time
01/29/19 1:50 pm

He’s clearly not either or he would’ve kowtowed to HD’s crying. He has to do what’s best for the country, not one company.

Photo op? 😂 No MSM ever gives him a positive one of those.

suppressedID I cant breathe
01/30/19 7:30 am

He has no sense of good attention vs bad attention. And doesn’t care.

kscott516 Show Time
01/30/19 1:01 pm

Really? He comes out on top every time compared to the propagandized MSM.