Show Of Hands March 28th, 2013 12:10am

Do you love to drive or do it just because you have to??

RJ1969 SoCal
03/27/13 7:40 pm

I have too much fun in my car. I am surprised I haven't been nailed for speeding. Of course, the radar detector does help.

AnnieM The Island
03/27/13 6:36 pm

Not really either. I don't love driving, but I don't drive very much because I can't turn my neck to the left very far (some days not at all) and quite honestly it scares the crap out of me, so I just don't drive.

AnnieM The Island
03/27/13 6:36 pm

I'm hoping something gets figured out to fix that problem before my son starts school because I'm going to have to drive him to school.

susanr Colorado
03/27/13 5:45 pm

I dislike it so much I've never gotten a license to do it.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
03/27/13 6:33 pm

Susan how do you survive in America without sidewalks in New Jersey? The land with limited public transportation?

susanr Colorado
03/27/13 6:57 pm

Well... By living in Colorado? I've never lived in New Jersey.

Everywhere I've lived with the exception of Cincinnati, I've had some combination of great public transportation, easy walking distance, bicycle, and/or housemates who loved to drive. I had none of those in Cincinnati except..

susanr Colorado
03/27/13 6:59 pm

..that I lived across the street from where I worked. Groceries were almost a mile away, easy in summer but nasty in winter. I've biked a lot in all weather but ice, I'm very pro bike, but I am not biking here right now.

susanr Colorado
03/27/13 7:00 pm

The only place I've lived where there were no sidewalks was my own neighborhood when I was growing up. And as a kid, that wasn't an issue. It was very safe for walking and biking, anyway. Still is, in fact.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
03/27/13 7:13 pm

Susan, biking is a great way to stay healthy. Keep strong and a good sense of balance.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
03/27/13 5:39 pm

Buy me that Ferrari, and I'll love to drive...

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/27/13 5:16 pm

Love, love, love to drive outside of the city. Not a fan of gridlock, but give me an open road and a gas card and I'll drive it 'till the wheels fall off.

Emma Austin.ish.
03/27/13 5:15 pm

Love to drive, hate traffic and stoplights.