wetheslaves Live each moment fully
03/22/13 1:40 pm

You have to create wind to make it move.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/22/13 10:28 am

A small one, out by where the garden would be if I felt like doing my part to end world deer hunger. We get very infrequent very light breezes for the most part, so it isn't annoying.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
03/22/13 9:41 am

We aren't wind chime kind of people, we love quiet.
Only sounds that I want to hear is kids playing or birds.

susanr Colorado
03/22/13 9:55 am

I don't like it to be loud or annoying. Just a little light, um, tinkle. (Somehow that sounds wrong!)

thatguy81 here
03/22/13 10:08 am

I want one of those massive 5' windchimes. Not outside my bedroom, but in the woods would be nice

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/22/13 10:34 am

livefree we saw one of those for the first time last Fall at a farm store in town. My wife just couldn't resist giving it a good swing and the whole store reverberated with a blend of cathedral bells and temple gongs that went on forever. I want one too!

thatguy81 here
03/22/13 10:38 am

If it weighs 300lbs, I want it

susanr Colorado
03/22/13 10:41 am

I love those too. Saw them first in Maine, where I got one of mine little ones. The long ones were repurposed from some kind of ships' parts, but I forget what. Made me like them even more.

susanr Colorado
03/22/13 9:22 am

Listening to it right now.

I have at least 3. I hung only one on my patio so as not to annoy the neighbors, although others have them too, including the Sunflower Seed Fairy upstairs.

susanr Colorado
03/22/13 10:34 am

I have to stop calling him that, because I'm pretty sure he's gay. Sunflower Seed Elf maybe.

He puts out about a pint of sunflower seeds every single day at the base of the big old tree right in front of our apartments. Keeps a water bowl full too. All the squirrels on the apartment grounds come..

susanr Colorado
03/22/13 10:38 am

..to our tree to pig out. As well as various kinds of birds, who mostly feed in distinct shifts. So there's always something going out there, even in snow. He's been doing it for years. The bed of seed shells is about 8' in diameter and my imagination says it goes down to the center of the earth.