gluxford1 June 12th, 2018 4:59pm

shygal47 Florida east coast
06/12/18 8:12 pm

Wasn’t it Lord Chamberlain that came home from the Burschtgaden waving a piece of paper and saying: Peace in our time! Within a year WWII started.
. ... and somebody please correct my spelling of the chalet in the mountains. Thx.

shygal47 Florida east coast
06/12/18 8:13 pm

The point I am trying to make is that we need to be cautious about hailing success until it’s proven.

ProudAmerican44 New Joisey
06/12/18 3:24 pm

I’m sorry..I’m not getting the warm and fuzzies over this..it’s great..historic..buuuuuuut and it’s a big but...N.K. needs to de nuke and the U.S. needs to verify..that’s the only way it will work..

gluxford1 Arizona
06/12/18 3:29 pm

That’s why we’re sending Pompeo over there to make sure that Rocket Man holds up his end of the bargain.

ProudAmerican44 New Joisey
06/12/18 3:32 pm

I Pray to the Lord above that things work out..I just don’t trust the chubby lizard boy..

ProudAmerican44 New Joisey
06/12/18 3:33 pm

Pompeo is a Rock Star!

smart1
06/12/18 2:44 pm

He did no such thing. He’s basically where the US was with North Korea in 1994.

skinner Jersey City
06/12/18 1:03 pm

Ask yourself what Kim means when he says “denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.” He doesn’t mean that North Korea is the only country to denuclearize. The negotiations produced no timetable, no written commitment to verification or inspections, and no definition of what denuclearization entails or who the onus belongs to in that regard.

ctskapski x
06/12/18 11:56 am

Pessimistic.
But I'm a pessimistic person when it comes to things people say they will do. Especially heads of state.

zimmy Florida
06/12/18 10:44 am

Glux- hold your horses it’s not done till NK has no nukes!

gluxford1 Arizona
06/12/18 10:46 am

Ah, still holding out hope for a nuclear war, are you?

gluxford1 Arizona
06/12/18 10:47 am

This was a victory for diplomacy, peace, and for America. It was an agreement that no one thought possible. You should recognize that.

zimmy Florida
06/12/18 10:52 am

Glux- I said I give kudos for Trump meeting with Kim, I wish nothing more than a denuclearization of Korea, however I do not trust NK, same way I do not trust Iran, I’m just saying don’t take victory laps yet. I would say the same if Obama met with Kim as well.

phalnx Ohio
06/12/18 10:59 am

Good point. You Republicans were the negative ones when Obama pulled off that denuclearization treaty with Iran.

gluxford1 Arizona
06/12/18 11:00 am

Fair enough.

BarryB Was it something I said
06/12/18 10:44 am

Successfully negotiated denuclearization? Maybe in the eyes of the Trump fanboys. What he negotiated was a promise for denuclearization. How good do you think promises out of NK are?

gow488 Korea
06/12/18 10:39 am

I don’t think it’s going to happen. North Korea has made many promises in the past that they haven’t followed through on. I don’t trust communist dictators to keep their word.

Odysseus We All Need A Fantasy
06/12/18 10:30 am

Pessimistic, what else can you possibly expect when two narcissistic pathological liars make an agreement?

Robert97206 Portland Oregon
06/12/18 10:16 am

Pessimistic, the only way a dictatorship could get aid from the United States is if they had something to bargain with. This is their bargaining.

johonmilla Monroe, nc
06/12/18 10:08 am

Pessimistic, mostly because it’s difficult to trust a dangerous dictator. Also, the same agreement was made in April and the summit didn’t reach any new heights in terms denuclearization. NK has done nothing while the US gave up joint excerise with South Korea.

gluxford1 Arizona
06/12/18 10:10 am

Agreeing to dismantle their nukes isn’t “nothing”. Unbelievable that you’re trying to paint this as a bad thing for America.

johonmilla Monroe, nc
06/12/18 10:13 am

The agreement was already made in the April 27 summit with South Korea and NK. NK has yet to act. I didn’t say denuclearization is nothing, I said nothing new was achieved by yesterday’s/today’s summit. This summit is a great first step but we shouldn’t be so trusting of a dictator.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/12/18 10:16 am

They might have talked about something back then, johon, but nothing was signed. And I’m especially excited that he committed to sending home the bodies of our soldiers! Can you imagine what this will mean to their families that have waited decades to bury their loved ones?

...

gluxford1 Arizona
06/12/18 10:18 am

Exactly, 4JC! I signed agreement means it’s a whole new ball game. I’m excited about our troops coming home as well.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/12/18 10:26 am

I’m also excited that Pompeo is going to be meeting with NK leaders in a series of meetings to iron out details and hold their toes to the fire! If you haven’t read all the details, they’re in one of my 1600 polls today!

...

johonmilla Monroe, nc
06/12/18 10:33 am

4JC, it’s absolutely awesome that families and friends get to have the remains of their loved ones returned to them. I’m truly happy for the families. I should note that when I was said nothing new was achieved, I was referring to the topic of denuclearization. This MIA/POW part of the agreement is truly a step in the right direction.

I should also note that the Pamnumjom agreement was a signed agreement. Previous failed agreement also occurred in 2000 and 2007, albeit it should notes that Un wasn’t the head of state at the time.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/12/18 10:48 am

Thanks for the clarification, Johon. But I haven’t seen ANY other liberal person say that they’re glad for those families, or give Trump any credit for this. I’m not even sure they KNOW about that part, as I don’t know what the MSM is reporting on. Most of the articles I’ve read are derogatory about the agreement, so.....

I’m hoping and praying this time will be different!

...

johonmilla Monroe, nc
06/12/18 10:59 am

I haven’t seen conservatives acknowledge it either . Not because liberals or conservatives don’t care, but because the focus is on denuclearization. However, the reporting on it from liberal media does exist if your wondering.

gluxford1 Arizona
06/12/18 10:03 am

I’m cautiously optimistic about this. I honestly never thought an agreement like this was ever going to be possible under any president. This deal is nothing short of a miracle and President Trump should get the Nobel peace prize for this. It’s a great day to be an American! Well done, Mr. President! 🇺🇸🇺🇸

...

gluxford1 Arizona
06/12/18 10:07 am

Question for iPad users: In a historic victory for the United States, President Trump has successfully negotiated the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the chances of Kim Jong Un making good on his agreement to disarm?

Answer 1- Optimistic
Answer 2- Pessimistic

...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/12/18 10:14 am

Well said, Glux! I’m especially excited that he’s committed to sending home the bodies of our soldiers. Can you imagine what that will mean to their families?!

The full agreement is in one of my two 1600 polls today!

...