voc June 12th, 2018 1:47am

Should the Republican Party be eradicated?

ladyniner81 I need chocolate
06/13/18 7:58 pm

Both parties need to be eradicated. Throw out the lunatics, End the corruption and greed and start over

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/12/18 8:23 am

Not unless the Democratic Party is also eradicated. And the Libertarian Party, and the Green Party. And the Socialist Party – no, I already mentioned the Democrats, didn't I?

commonman1 Peace
06/12/18 7:41 am

All parties should be eradicated.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
06/11/18 9:08 pm

I am not a fan of the two-party system, or really even any of the parties in existence to my knowledge, but I understand that these parties will happen even if we eliminate the current ones.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
06/11/18 7:46 pm

No. I’d like like to see an emergence of other parties play a bigger role.

MrsCrayonWax
06/11/18 7:54 pm

👆🏼

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
06/11/18 10:20 pm

I’m not surprised me and you agree. We generally do, “great minds” 🤣

See my comment below just below.

MrsCrayonWax
06/12/18 4:22 am

Definitely! This mess we have now is not working.

mac007 Mars
06/11/18 7:37 pm

I think all political parties should be eliminated.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
06/11/18 10:19 pm

I️ disagree. Parties are an essential way people can collectively think to make goals and form groups on common policy.

It’s also a great way to find the best candidates within people who think alike.

The party system isn’t the issue. It’s the two party system. It’s a constant us vs them mentality. When one party makes a stance the other goes against I️t to get the other half of the votes.

Then people like me who are generally always in the middle of stuff get hated by everyone because we don’t fit in any party.

snagglepuss Story Time
06/11/18 10:22 pm

I see the party system as teams fighting to win vs representatives of the people. That’s why I have always been an independent and focused on candidates not party.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
06/11/18 10:36 pm

Fair enough. I️ definitely understand that line of thinking.

I️ won’t even argue that you’re wrong. Personally I’d rather just see more parties emerge than dissolving them completely. I️ think politicians will make their cliques anyways, so I️ think it’s best their is more options out there. But they that’s just me🤷‍♂️

snagglepuss Story Time
06/11/18 10:41 pm

I’ve voted third party before. I wish the two parties allowed more parties in the debates and that they didn’t have to fight so hard to get on the ballot.

Jill Stein was handcuffed to a chair for hours just for attending a debate.

The two party system is rigged with dark money. We need Citizens United overturned. You shouldn’t be able to buy politicians.

...

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
06/11/18 10:51 pm

I️ definitely agree with that. I’ve only voted for one of the two major party candidates once and that was a write in.

I️ don’t like the system so I️ refuse to vote within the two because they don’t represent me.

snagglepuss Story Time
06/11/18 10:59 pm

I support that. I will never vote by party. I don’t believe they are seeking to represent your average working Americans. They represent the highest bidder and their career and desire for wealth.

orgblu10 Shamerica
06/11/18 7:31 pm

Nah, just let it happen naturally.

smartfart Florida
06/11/18 7:17 pm

It has been, except in name. They used to be a respectable, small government, strong foreign policy, big military party.
Now, they are just pro-corporation with principles that only lead to keeping their majority.
Also, I’ve never been a democrat because I’ve always thought they were too whiny. The republicans used to be strong & take-no-shit. Now, they’ve outpaced the whininess.

MrMilkdud
06/11/18 7:00 pm

Only if l they eradicate themselves.
I wouldn’t stop them if they did.

rons Thanks America
06/11/18 6:55 pm

No, then they will be like democrats. A ship without a captain.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
06/11/18 6:54 pm

Answer is no to both polls.
We need a balance and two or more alternative choices or would become a totalitarian state.

MrMilkdud
06/11/18 7:01 pm

Yeah, but the alternatives don’t need to be democrats or republicans.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
06/11/18 7:05 pm

True, but I think in most democratic countries you have two "big" parties, one left, one right.
They may need junior partners to form a coalition but it's still two big ones somewhat like ours.

MrMilkdud
06/11/18 7:07 pm

I agree. I just wouldn’t miss these two specific parties.