benseth June 11th, 2018 3:05am

If the Nuremberg principles were applied, every US president since WW2 would be indictable.

UniversePlan Michigan
06/11/18 6:50 am

This user is currently being ignored

benseth 11,780 votes
06/11/18 5:24 am

What an absolutely impelling argument

benseth 11,780 votes
06/10/18 8:59 pm

I need to exclude the last two presidents. They were not covered in the video, although I’m sure they would also apply.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
06/10/18 8:23 pm

This is probably the war crime that you might think applies to US conflicts: “wanton destruction of cities, towns, or villages, or devastation not justified by military necessity.” Which Presidents are you accusing of this?

benseth 11,780 votes
06/10/18 8:28 pm

I’m not accusing anyone of anything. I posed the question to you and everyone else.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
06/10/18 8:31 pm

Ok, I’m curious to see the responses too.

diest
06/10/18 8:47 pm

I think Chomsky does a good enough job accusing .... what part of what Chomsky said don’t you agree with super ...

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
06/10/18 9:00 pm

My mistake not noticing that the poll had a link. I don’t disagree, in general, with the notion, but merely wanted to trigger the debate by asking for specifics.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
06/10/18 8:18 pm

Ok, so here’s one that you may be considering to be applicable: “Planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression.” ...the key word is “aggression” meaning the country that starts the war. Which Presidents do you suggest indicting for this crime?

benseth 11,780 votes
06/10/18 8:27 pm

There are many examples in the link I shared. He goes through them fairly fast but I’m gonna go through and pause and look them up one by one to double check, probably tomorrow. But they sounded legit and I feel that Chomsky is a genuine person. Many are events I remember but may not have been privy to the entirety and some are events I never knew about at all.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
06/10/18 9:06 pm

Someone did it for you...
Truman for the atomic bomb (deliberate targeting of civilians as mass murder), plus counter-insurgency work in Greece

Eisenhower for role of CIA in the overthrow of the Arbentz government in Guatemala, maybe also intervention in Lebanon and role of CIA in Iran

Kennedy for Bay of Pigs invasion ("outright aggression"), Operation Mongoose, and Vietnam

Johnson for Vietnam escalation

Nixon for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos

Ford he acknowledges as tricky but his support of Indonesian invasion of East Timor ("near genocidal")

Carter as "least violent" but supported Indonesian government despite atrocities

Reagan for "the stuff in Central America," support of Israeli invasion of Lebanon

Bush (Sr.) — doesn't say anything specific, seems to think it is obvious (probably would involve Gulf War)

benseth 11,780 votes
06/10/18 9:14 pm

Thanks for collating! I’m gonna check into them in detail and see if there’s a video of him giving more examples. I’m interested in what he has on Obama too. I’m sure some drone strikes at least.

benseth 11,780 votes
06/10/18 9:16 pm

Oh but he did go into a few with Bush sr and Clinton for sure. W Bush was the one he didn’t even entertain.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
06/10/18 9:22 pm

I think it’s a stretch to implicate our Presidents in the misbehavior of so-called “friendly” foreign governments, like the references to Indonesia. Also, the Gulf War was in response to the invasion of Kuwait, a country we (i.e., an international coalition) chose to defend through a United Nations resolution, hence not a war of “aggression” and with a firm legal basis in international law.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
06/10/18 9:25 pm

I would say that W Bush is guilty for attacking Iraq as Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11. www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/13/alqaeda.saddam/