Praetorianus June 10th, 2018 2:41am

Would you rather our laws in general to be more permissive or more strict? Yes, it's a mixed bag, just a general tendency. This mainly refers to how much is regulated or forbidden, not how lenient or harsh the punishment is.

knetzere Illinois
06/11/18 8:28 pm

We are lucky enforcement is lacking for the laws we already have

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
06/10/18 8:10 am

It’s an issue thing. I think it’s pretty well-balanced. I’m glad we have speed limits. I’m glad we’re not supposed to move the people or defraud them. I’ve voted stricter because I think there are some areas not covered.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
06/09/18 10:14 pm

It really varies from issue to issue. But for most issues, I suppose I prefer to side with the permissive camp, with obvious exceptions, where I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Millerj90 Oregon
06/09/18 9:04 pm

Our laws are not strict enough

CudOfCow Oregon
06/09/18 8:02 pm

In some countries everything is illegal unless a law says its legal.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
06/09/18 9:03 pm

It's been said of communist and totalitarian countries.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/10/18 10:31 am

There's only 5 communist countries and I wouldn't say it of any of them.not even north Korea is like that and they're probably the most totalitarian communist country in the world.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/09/18 7:56 pm

Like you said it's a mixed bag. But looking at the majority of why people are in jail, I'd say permissive.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
06/09/18 8:04 pm

The stats I've heard, 5% of the world's population but 20% of the prison population gives me pause, especially since our crime rates aren't #1 in most categories.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/09/18 8:30 pm

That's what you get with private prisons... Celebrated when we finally got rid of them. Then Trump comes in and has to dismantle every little thing with Obama's name on it.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
06/10/18 8:40 am

Had Obama been serious, he would have utilized Congress to pass his actions. Don’t use the BS narrative that the Reps didn’t give him anything. That’s BS.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
06/09/18 7:44 pm

Overall fewer regulations and more permissive, especially victimless offenses and things like speed limits.
Some stricter laws pertaining to any kind of violence.