Show Of Hands June 10th, 2018 1:53am

Do you think the upcoming meeting between Kim Jong-un and President Trump will make North Korean denuclearization more likely?

Xaveth
06/14/18 7:26 am

It is a routine they do. 1.They threaten the world 2. promise to behave and denuclearize if we lighten sanctions and be nice 3. we find out they lied 4. we place sanctions on them again 5. repeat

Annabelle41 Michigan
06/11/18 9:44 pm

WTG President Trump for starting this summit. No one since 1950s has done it. You deserve all the credit.

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/11/18 4:18 pm

Not a chance NK is totally corrupt and untrustworthy. Remember when Clinton did the same thing? Nah I’m sure you don’t - how quickly we forget. 😊

cyphermonk Nashville, TN
06/11/18 7:50 am

Well of course it makes it more likely than if no meeting was happened. But I still don’t think it’s very likely.

techguy010
06/10/18 11:31 pm

Of course it makes it more likely than if nothing happened as it has for so long but that still does not mean it will happen.

ladyniner81 I need chocolate
06/10/18 10:27 pm

I don't trust that fat little psycho as far as I can throw him. Something or someone will screw it up. If it happens I'll be surprised.

bartman71 USW
06/10/18 8:57 pm

Not if Trump displays the same diplomatic skills he has shown thus far.

Suzan Hawaii
06/10/18 8:51 pm

Things like this does not happen overnight. However, it is a good start.

jab004
06/10/18 8:51 pm

This is nowhere near the start. This has been going on for decades.

APpolls2K19 Wisconsin
06/10/18 2:50 pm

People actually think North Korea is simply going to disarm themselves of the one weapon keeping America and the West from attacking them? LOL. It may soothe the tension somewhat, but this is simply a north Korean ploy to gain favor with the west. They stopped their tests because their weapons work now, and don't need to test it. They're not going to all of a sudden just get rid of their weaponry.

rambo088 kansas
06/10/18 3:14 pm

They still haven't figured out reentry

APpolls2K19 Wisconsin
06/10/18 3:16 pm

They still aren't going to denuclearize.

Waterguy Texas
06/10/18 6:17 pm

Right I forgot Drumpf is constantly useless and never does anything of worth.

JDoe Its a gift
06/10/18 10:05 am

Things went so well at the G7, I’m sure Trump will continue his foreign relations dumpster fire.

06/10/18 10:20 am

JD ... it is a hoot to see the irrational leftist temper tantrum when faced with negotiating a balanced deal. It’s clear that you hate it when the US is taken care of, but in the post-failure era (now that we’ve kicked the feckless MrO to the curb), what’s important is winning for America rather than the pitiful identity politics of the amateur, MrO.

Deal with winning!

06/10/18 11:05 am

JD ... it’s clear that winning brings out the blathering idiot in you!

JDoe Its a gift
06/10/18 11:11 am

What’s clear is that I don’t engage with you. You’re some goofy poster who uses memes as a source of information and does little more than attack other users. You seem to be incapable of serious discussion and, as I’ve said before, you’re a waste of time.

06/10/18 11:38 am

JD ... you’re a delusional poster who embraces MrO because he awards the Medal of Honor to perverts.

I’m sorry you can’t get past the truth. But that’s the fate of most low info leftists.

DJ13
06/10/18 11:48 am

Think, what's clear is you have the wrong idea of what "winning" is.....

06/10/18 12:04 pm

DJ ... what’s precious is that you have NO IDEA about winning. You, like JD, are left simply to kick against the success that MrT is bringing. Yours is the pathetic existence.

DJ13
06/10/18 12:06 pm

Haha. There is a saying "Be careful what you ask for, you may just get it". Doesn't mean your "winning"....

06/10/18 12:32 pm

DJ ... the beauty is that we are all winning with MrT’s policies of obliterating the horrible legacy of MrO. American is thriving now that the heavy boot of oppressive Obama regulations are starting to be removed from our necks.

DJ13
06/10/18 12:37 pm

Haha. Yes the economy is moving in the direction started by Obama. Thank you Trump for not ruining it "yet".....

06/10/18 12:38 pm

😂🤣😂

DJ ... you forget that the failed former President said that we should be happy with GDP growth of 1%. MrT has blown that out and this progress has everything to do with the purging of MrO, and that’s it!

DJ13
06/10/18 12:44 pm

Oh, hey everyone, Think says "that's it". Guess we can all quit this app the king has spoken.....lol
Doesn't matter what Obama said or didn't say about the GDP. The "fact" is this economic trend began under Obama....

DounutHole
06/10/18 9:35 am

Apparently Trump is bringing his right-hand man from Fox state controlled news, Sean Hannity, what could go wrong.

PotatoKing21 Idaho
06/10/18 7:44 am

It’s already pretty unlikely. Sure it will make it MORE likely but will that make it likely enough? We’ll see.

IEatzCookies Alderaan
06/10/18 7:32 am

Of course. Kim will meet trump and be like "holy shit, he's even crazier in person, I don't want to fuck with this guy" and he'll quit his trash talking

makem Chinese Xinjiang Camp
06/10/18 5:56 am

More likely? Definitely. I don't know if it will be denuclearized, but POTUS meeting with the Korean leadership is definitely going to increase the odds of denuclearization.

HoosierFan
06/10/18 12:54 pm

Unless things go badly and Kim triggers Trump, then it could make war more likely.

The most probable outcome is that Trump and Kim announce a symbolic agreement allowing them to both claim victory without actually changing much.

Spiritof76 USA 1776
06/10/18 5:47 am

If you were Kim, why would you want to give up your nukes and allow the other country to keep all theirs? That would imply you are the bad guys and the U.S. is the good guys. They will give up on nukes only after we dismantle most of ours.

06/10/18 10:22 am

Spirit ... if you want to cling to power and your citizens are starving, and thereby close to rebellion, would you consider a course that would keep you in power or one that will assure your destruction?

Jazzy5 USA
06/10/18 4:56 am

If NOKO can make a move without China going ballistic.
China, probably assigned their own satellite to sit over Singapore
To ease drop!

RightWingKing Massachusetts
06/10/18 12:01 am

Just kill that little yellow belly already.

ShawPPM1214 Washington
06/09/18 10:48 pm

It’s definitely a step in the right direction

TheEngineerGuy
06/09/18 10:13 pm

This user is currently being ignored

Senate101 San Diego
06/09/18 9:56 pm

Yes but not by much.

06/10/18 10:24 am

Senate ... it’s real progress, isn’t it?

I’d suggest that it’s far better than has been achieved by any administration since the outbreak of the Korean War.

Senate101 San Diego
06/10/18 1:10 pm

I wouldn’t get my hopes up, but it’s a clear step in the right direction.

1PatrioticBitch
06/09/18 9:41 pm

Might not be right now, but eventually.

Tazer Dumpster fire
06/09/18 9:22 pm

We can only hope.

commonman1 Peace
06/09/18 9:19 pm

It’s a start and our greatest hope. We haven’t had many administrations get this far. Let’s hope for success and not for failure like the democrats.

Diknak Ohio
06/09/18 9:05 pm

He is just god awful at international relations. If anything, them meeting will make it LESS likely.

timeout Boston Strong
06/09/18 8:17 pm

It’s very unlikely. The Kim family has been developing this program over some 40 years and it’s said that they have over 100 nuclear sites. This meeting will probably be nothing more than friendly meeting with a photo-op for both men, denuclearization of the Korean peninsula would be fantastic though.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
06/09/18 7:58 pm

Maybe good will come from this? Doubtful. The US has proposed the Libyan model for denuclearization. The DPRK knows better than to negotiate that terrible deal. The DPRK has said that the condition for denuclearization is a promise that the US won't invade. I suppose this could entail an evacuation of US troops from the entire region, especially Korea, Japan, and Guam. China would benefit from such an agreement as well. We'll see.

TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
06/09/18 7:48 pm

I hope so, but no. It’s the pattern: pretend to get crazy, make big with the weapons, then give concessions for resources and validation. KJ has already won more than he could hope with US validation; he’s a big boy now.

Think: a country with one of the worst geopolitical situations is meeting with the US President. Wow...just when you thought Trump might be good at any sort of negotiation at all.

BUT, I do hope. If Trump can solve this situation well, I’ll call him Mr. President.

grantnj
06/09/18 7:09 pm

Dumb democrats trying to hate trump again while he is stopping a nuclear war like Kennedy

timeout Boston Strong
06/10/18 9:39 am

Really!? Your comparing this to the cuban missile crisis? Unbelievable.

Waterguy Texas
06/10/18 6:18 pm

How fucking preposterous. You’re a fucking idiot, you know that? You’re such a fucking idiot.

Waterguy Texas
06/10/18 6:18 pm

Holy shit that came off way less satiric than I meant.

kanji401 SoCal
06/09/18 7:02 pm

Both sides are liars. Neither one is going to give up anything no matter what they say.

06/09/18 7:16 pm

Kanji ... and yet you thought the Iranians would give up nuclear weapons if we paid them hundreds of millions.

Wizzobutter
06/09/18 7:26 pm

Think, the hundreds of millions was Iranian money that was frozen in 1979. It was to be spent buying weapons from the United States. Why do so many people think it was U.S. Taxpayer's money. I'm guessing FoxNews is behind that "fake news".

06/09/18 7:29 pm

Wizz ... it’s curious that so many low info leftists would wag their heads in agreement when MrO said that he was going to free up the money after Iran has done SO much to harm our country.

It’s never a band time to swing and miss at FoxNews as MSNBC and CNN are so much better.

Wizzobutter
06/09/18 7:33 pm

Wow, insulting me is so childish. BTW, I actually voted for Trump in the primary. He was my top choice among the GOP. I also voted for the GOP governor on Illinois, Bruce Rauner. I guess you assume anyone who criticizes your comments are always liberals. sad.

06/09/18 7:37 pm

Wizz ... I get that you may be a snowflake, ready to melt when faced with the facts, however when did I insult you. Please be specific!

If you voted for Mr Trump in the primary, who did you vote for in the election?

Wizzobutter
06/09/18 7:45 pm

Wow, you are using the childish snowflake analogy. Even sadder.

Wizzobutter
06/09/18 7:48 pm

I voted for Clinton. If she were to lose, my next pick was Trump. However, he has shown me that I was wrong to vote for him. For the record, I used to consider myself a right leaning independent. I now consider myself a moderate Democrat. The Republican Party, in my opinion, has been hijacked by Conservatives, especially religious ones.

06/09/18 7:58 pm

Wizz ... you accused me of something that I didn’t do. I challenged you to validate your childish accusation and you failed.

I get that you have the delusion of independence, but anyone who voted for the Madame of Corruption is FAR from independent!

smart1
06/09/18 8:08 pm

Wizz.......never get into a dialog with thinkie. He has the intellectual capacity of a newt and solely relies on third grade school yard bully tactics. He’s a nothing.

Wizzobutter
06/09/18 8:14 pm

Thanks for the info!

06/09/18 8:17 pm

Wizz ... please, run along with another whining leftist, Smar ... you appear to be to delusional leftists in a pod.

smart1
06/09/18 8:24 pm

Exhibit A. I rest my case. Time to take your meds.

kanji401 SoCal
06/09/18 10:54 pm

Think, I never thought the Iranians would give up their nuclear weapons but I did think the deal would slow them down.

06/10/18 7:06 am

Kanji ... if you thought the Iranian deal would slow them down then you were fooled. The Iranians have not slowed. The only thing that changed is that MrO rewarded them with hundreds of millions of dollars. MrO showed precisely how an amateur negotiates, we ended up with an “agreement” that carried no weight. MrO knee that the Congress would reject the flawed deal and that only the mindless leftists would cheer it. He planned on his legacy of lies remaining in tact with the Madame of Corruption succeeding him. Yet another amateur calculation.

Thankfully, we have a President that knows how to negotiate from a position of strength with punks, like the Iranians.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
06/09/18 7:02 pm

more likely, yes. im not sure if it will really happen tho.

NYevo NY
06/09/18 7:01 pm

I don’t believe he will give up nukes. And if he does, it will be short term just like last time. We’ve been down this road with them before

06/09/18 7:16 pm

NY ... not true at all!

NYevo NY
06/10/18 4:20 am

I hope it works out. And I hope DJT is looking at history

06/10/18 10:24 am

NY ... for our country, I hope it does too.