DerekWills June 9th, 2018 10:40pm

In 1958, an Italian doctor recommended to a mother that she abort her child as he would likely be born with defects. She refused and later gave birth to a son with congenital glaucoma. That woman was Edi Bocelli, mother of Andrea Bocelli.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
06/10/18 5:45 pm

If I ever committed suicide, my family and friends would have every right to be pissed off at me.

Carcano Luke 10 19
06/09/18 10:07 pm

This is the same thing that happened to @laserbeam but it was for Down’s Syndrome

cowboy Doors of Perception
06/09/18 9:13 pm

I’m so confused. You said son but the name is Andrea? Never heard of her.

historylover
06/10/18 6:31 am

He’s Italian.

cowboy Doors of Perception
06/10/18 7:54 am

Explains why I couldn’t understand the guy with a girl’s name.

bower8899 ...
06/09/18 7:48 pm

This seems like a fake story. Italy is a highly Catholic country, and abortion was rare in the 50s regardless

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/10/18 3:57 pm

Well it’s a fact. And why he’s pro life.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/10/18 4:00 pm

In it, Bocelli sits at a piano and tells the camera that he wants to recount a “little story” about a young pregnant woman who is admitted to hospital with a misdiagnosed case of appendicitis. After tests, “the doctors advised her to abort the child. They told her that would be the best solution because the child would doubtless be born with some kind of disability. But the courageous young wife decided not to terminate the pregnancy, and the child was born. The woman was my mother, I was the child.”

www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/classicalmusic/8884646/Andrea-Bocelli-The-truth-about-my-friend-the-strong-willed-kind-and-intelligent-Silvio-Berlusconi.html

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/10/18 3:59 pm

Are his own words good enough?

tractorman Oklahoma
06/10/18 5:02 pm

I just remember hearing that same story about Mozart and it turned out to be a false anecdote made up by the women’ choice opponents. Anecdotes are the weakest form of proof even though they may be true, there is no way to prove them.
Ever heard, “Hey, I heard this from some guy.......”?

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/10/18 6:30 pm

Well, this is from Andrea Bocelli himself, so...

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/11/18 6:10 am

So his own words aren’t good enough? If not, then literally no source I can cite is good enough for you since I don’t have a time machine.

tractorman Oklahoma
06/11/18 9:37 am

I can cite many things that are what I see or saw. Does that make them true especially since what he said has been used before in many examples. They call those “urban legends” that simply change names and faces.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
06/10/18 11:28 am

Beautiful! And, very handsome, too.

DanielWebb
06/09/18 4:04 pm

Wow! Every life matters.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
06/09/18 5:06 pm

Alois and Klara were Cosina who married. They were advised to avoid having children. Their son Adolf was reported to have been very rebellious during his youth and later caused lots of problems.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
06/09/18 5:07 pm

Cousins!! Cosina???? Siri has embarrassed again.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/09/18 5:58 pm

Ya hammering took my point.

For every case the pro life moviement can point to, the pro life can point to many more. And not just villians like Hitler Stalin ect. But children who are born into poverty or a fucked up situation where their dad is their brother and they're beaten or raped every night till one day their parents really lose and just kill them anyways

DanielWebb
06/09/18 6:08 pm

Mud, even Hitler’s life mattered, and even poor peoples’ lives matter.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
06/09/18 6:33 pm

I'm not saying they don't matter... More of a better life unlived type of deal

benseth 11,780 votes
06/09/18 3:53 pm

Granted I also didn’t know who Andrea Bocelli was either.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/09/18 4:04 pm

He was the singer in my last CMS poll. He’s truly an amazing vocalist. He’s been said to have the singing voice of G-d Himself.

benseth 11,780 votes
06/09/18 4:08 pm

Yeah I looked him up. I thought he might be a formula 1 driver before.