hansmoleman June 7th, 2018 1:15pm

I accidentally reported someone while I was trying to follow them.I feel really bad,Is there any way to overturn this?

phalnx Ohio
06/07/18 8:52 am

Nothing will happen, but I always leave a post in the victim's thread explaining it, in case a moderator actually looks into it.

susanr Colorado
06/07/18 11:01 am

I think probablychris is closest to the reality of what happens with reports on comments, and phalnx has a good suggestion for helping yourself feel a little better about it but you don’t really need to do that.

If it were a *poll* that you accidentally reported, it’s true that multiple reports of a poll can (still, apparently) trigger the automatic closing of a poll, but a single one won’t. Supposedly a human at SOH receives a notification of either each report or the auto-closing (I don’t know which) and checks to see that there’s a valid reason to close the poll (a rule infraction), and whether any further action needs to be taken. We don’t know if that “human” part is still being done.

In the case of reporting comments, I don’t know if there was ever any automatic triggering event with enough reports but I don’t think so. I think a human at SOH receives some notice of each report (unless they’ve just shut that off; who knows)...

susanr Colorado
06/07/18 11:08 am

...and they *used* to deal with rules infractions in comments in various ways, but they just seem to be ignoring all of that for the last year or so. (They may be dealing with some egregious new trollish accounts though.)

If you’re still concerned about having reported someone erroneously, one thing you can do is send an email explaining it to info@showofhands.com. I’ve actually done that myself fir the same reason because I feel bad about it too, even though I’m 100% sure it’s not necessary.

(phalnx, I have no idea how this got attached to your comment as a reply. Except that I’m riding in a shuttle bus and bouncing around.)

commonman1 Peace
06/07/18 7:57 am

I’m reporting you for false reporting.

omniku dot com
06/07/18 5:25 pm

I’m reporting you for tattling.

probablychris
06/07/18 7:41 am

It's nothing to worry about, it takes a lot of reports for someone's account to be suspended, and in a few weeks any record of the report will be gone anyway

Wert A picture of my junk
06/07/18 6:35 am

All reports apparently go to the bit bucket. Don’t worry about it.

CrazDab Florida
06/07/18 6:24 am

No one is policing this sh*t hole. Report away. Nothing will happen.

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
06/07/18 6:34 am

Shithole? Slimy? My home, this is!!

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
06/07/18 6:22 am

Don’t worry, no one checks then anyway